Thursday, 28 August 2014

FM40 Style - School Run Mama - part 2


Jacket, J.Crew / Top, Chinti & Parker / Jeans, MIH / Shoes, Bloch / Bag, LV

This is me yesterday morning just before I dropped L off at Nursery for her 2nd taster session....(Miss Little Independent is doing well ... so far no tears!!) Now this is a smarter school run look than Tuesdays look ideal maybe if you are going somewhere after drop off for the day.  My corporate-ish look from this post went down well and I have found my love for the shirt again, I prefer the casual relaxed fit type, however, and this is a trend for A/W with the 'boyfriend shirt' the slightly oversized relaxed shirt. So I have put together two looks for shirt lovers and the other moodboard is for all you stripes lovers out there 

Most of the items are from Boden (as I have now had a chance to properly look through the catalogue) which I have styled with a fabulous pea coat from Jigsaw together with a designer "it" bag look-a-like. A pea coat is such a versatile coat, it can be worn smart or casual and below I try to show you how.





Shirts - BODEN SHIRT £39


It does seem to be all about the statement flats at the moment and the above pairs I feel fit this trend fabulously.... I may have ordered the leopard ballerinas.

I am loving this bag also from Jigsaw, it is very reminiscent of the Mansur Gavriel bag here that I have seen adorned on some of my favourite fashion blogger's arms recently and it has sold out on Net-a-Porter, no doubt as a result.








Skater Shoes - BODEN SKATER SHOE £69
Can you believe Boden have leopard slip on trainers/skater shoes in their collection? I am still in a little shock too, good shock as I am considering them...... 



Have a great weekend everybody, I will be busy sewing name tags and re-altering school trousers.... Wish me luck!! 

Annmarie xx

14 comments:

  1. Love both mood boards Annmarie, such great wardrobe classics & staples. You should definitely given the Boden slip-ons a try I absolutely love mine.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very tempted but I have just ordered the ballet pumps that I first fell in love with, can I justify 2 pairs of leopard shoes??

      Delete
  2. I might try for a smarter look on one or two days - it always raises questions of "going somewhere?" when I do and I should do it just because of that. And you've reminded me - I have a few tags left to sew on. I started and then I got side tracked as I always do.

    BTW - you do this smart casual look really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. I have left them there hoping my mum would take pity on my sewing skills and do them for me. All the duties of being a mummy, so I will do them this weekend. X

      Delete
  3. Looking gorgeous as always, I love the red pumps with your outfit and I am also loving those Boden T-bars, is it me or is there loads of amazing shoes around at the moment! Glad your wee one was happy going in always makes it easier! Is your little boy starting school next week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too many good shoes, that is all that is taking my fancy at the moment. It is so much easier when they settle, my little boy took a while to settle at nursery but he then went onto to love it and yes he starts school mon the 8th. Does your little boy too? X

      Delete
  4. I love your outfit and great outfit choices as always. Well done to your little one! Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very chic school run looks Anmarie, love both boards! Some fab Boden picks, the spotty shirt is gorgeous and the t-bar shoes too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear your little one is doing well at Nursery so far! I love your look, in fact: Blazer, tee and jeans paired with flats is my all-time favourite go-to outfit. As you featured a peacoat in your moodboards: I would love to hear your thoughts on the Boden Ledbury peacoat. I ordered the navy one to try it on and I do love the pop of orange under the collar. Not sure if this will go well with my wardrobe full of neutrals + some pops of red.

    Suzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the Boden option ( little spree blog included it in her mama spree top coat picks this Friday ) navy is such a versatile colour and like you I like the pop of colour under the collar - I think it will go with neutral wardrobe - look at it this way Hermes orange goes with anything!! Xx

      Delete
  7. Fab outfit. I love that Jigsaw pea coat - I WANT IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you sure you're not picking out items just for me? I would be thrilled to wear any of them. Lovely, lovely outfit x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the looks you've put together! I have compiled a Boden wish-list which includes the Everyday jumper. Really like the pea coat too. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this look, so classic and timeless!
    Abbi x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest