Tuesday, 26 August 2014

FM40 Style - School Run Mama - Part 1


Jacket, Mango / Top, Boden / Shoes, R&B / Bag, LV 

N starts school on the 8th of September and he is so excited! I am excited for him but, will miss him loads. I am preparing in my mind the operation it will take the three of us to get out of the house by 8.10am. How do you do it? Do you prepare everything the night before .... (I am meaning mainly your clothes here) or do you open the wardrobe in the morning and hope for the best?

I think I will have to lay N's school stuff out like I do the two days he has attended nursery/pre-school plus my own..... I am such a person if I am not organised I will not be able to sleep. 

School run of a morning will be new for me, my Hubby presently does the 2 nursery drops offs as they were my working days and I am usually 35000ft up in air by 7am, so I am open to any tips you may have. 

My sister-in-law says invest in a good coat as it can cover up a not so perfect outfit. Hopefully September/ October we shouldn't be needing big coats, so I think my lightweight parka will be a school run staple for myself. I will be also not deferring from my usual mama uniform like above and I have picked out some similar items that I think I would be perfect for the school run. 



 Loving this Jacket, I like the length, the drawstring waist, both which I find flattering.

 You know I love a breton and I am always on the look out for ones with a bit of detail so they are not just your normal stripy top and this one from J Crew I love because of the shoulder zip detail. 

I have this bag on my wish list, such a useful little number and if you visit Paris most French mums are never seen without theirs. 


Autumn I will be making  the most of my ballet pumps until it comes too cold to wear them and I have to wear ankle boots. 

I have some more school run mama uniform ideas for you on Thursday.  

So as ever thank you for reading,

Annmarie xx

16 comments:

  1. It's a huge shock to the system, that's all I can say. We have to have a 5 minute warning before it's time to leave. Otherwise it takes the son ages to do his last minute things (normally his hair). Good luck with your 14 years plus of school runs ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna. Ok the 5 min warning is noted! X

      Delete
  2. Love your mama uniform Annmarie, such a time of change ahead for you but think of all the lovely things you'll get to attend such as his first nativity play etc. Time goes so quickly doesn't it, I can't believe we've got to start looking at sixth forms this winter!!
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know my Sister in laws have warned me things go fast. Ah 6th form & A-levels I remember them like yesterday Jane. X

      Delete
  3. Perfect school run attire Annmarie! I think a parka and flats are a must! Enjoy that time as it goes so quick, can't believe my daughter is just about to go into year 4, I can still remember her first day! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think the flats are a must for running to the School Gate, year 4 I need to learnt this terminology it was 1st infants ect in our day wasn't it.

      Delete
  4. My youngest starts school next Tuesday & although my daughter is already at school, it marks a new chapter with both children being at school...I will be a blubbering wreck!! Trying to get them up earlier in the morning will be a challenge, most days we've not left the house before 10am!! I tend to get organised the night before so I iron & lay out school uniforms (plus what I'm wearing) organise school bags & put by the door so (in theory!!) we can get up, get dressed & fed & rush out of the door....good luck!! Love your outfit by the way, totally something I would wear! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your tips Sian, Yes leaving bags and coats by the door way/porch is what I am going to do and get clothes prepared the night before...... Both yours at school - that's a big milestone.

      Delete
  5. Lovely school run outfit Annmarie! Best of luck for the new adventures that lie ahead.
    Re getting out in time and without drama-I leave everything ready in the hall the night before-I call it the 'Launch Pad' so basically everything we need such as schoolbags, shoes, coats, hats etc. I leave uniforms hanging in their bedrooms but all the other items go on the Launch Pad! It has served me well over the years and definitely eliminates the frantic running around looking for things in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I like the 'launch pad' I remember seeing my sister in law running around one Monday morning when we stayed due to a birthday of one of hers and they couldn't find one of the school bags & she had to send her daughter with a supermarket carrier bag - the drama you can only imagine! X

      Delete
  6. I'm a teacher and my little boy goes to my school so we have to be out super early. It's a bit of a military operation for me and I always lay everything out the night before: my clothes, his uniform, book bag, coat, etc... I'm sure you'll cope brilliantly. You'll look fab on the school run with your outfit choice. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is pretty much what I wear on the school run! It's such a change when they start school, although I found that number 2 son starting last year was more of a change, and yes, it goes very quickly when everything is measured in half terms etc. You are going to be super stylish on your school run!
    Abbi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. My younger daughter is just about to start secondary school so after helping her find her feet getting to school on her own this term, I will be retiring from school run duties! I second all the advice about putting everything by the front door - our 'launch pad' was literally the doormat! I always got up a good half hour before everyone else and would go downstairs, make a cup of tea, empty the dishwasher and put out the cereal bowls etc before going upstairs and putting my makeup on before waking the kids, then back downstairs to do breakfast. Personally, I'd always run upstairs and put my clothes on at the very last minute before leaving the house as otherwise they were sure to get smeared with butter/ready brek/orange juice. I wish you lots of luck with the school run years ahead! Love the pic and your school run staples...I have a Longchamp Le Pliage on my wishlist too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would also tuck a little fold up fabric shopper in your bag - for all the paraphernalia that they make from all the recycled stuff that no one wants but they say is a robot, spaceship, car, shield etc and that they will be bringing home with them. You will find your hands full so I think a shopper for stuffing these bits in along with lunch bags and coats which they will expect you to carry for them. As you can tell - this is what my school run is like :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip - would you believe it when he had a taster morning in June guess what he came out with .... A rocket! Funny.... a canvas tote will be in my bag.

      Delete
  10. I am so glad I no longer have a school run but I miss getting dressed everyday. Get sorted the night before!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest