Monday, 8 September 2014

FM40 Style - All in the Black


Dress, DVF / Shoes, Boden / Bag, Chanel

On Sunday we attended a local charity function, the dress code asked for flat shoes or wedges (I think the hosts didn't want their lawn damaged with stiletto heels) and I thought it would be the perfect excuse to wear my New Look flats. I decided to style them with an old classic DVF wrap dress that I wore to my daughter's christening last year. However, hubby said I looked like I was auditioning for Riverdance and put me off the New Look shoes. The seed of doubt was now put in my head and I re-checked myself in the full-length mirror. I could see his point, my DVF dress has a full skirt that is knee length and the proportions were all very Riverdance, I think the shoes look better with a midi length dress or skirt ....... My silver Boden flats were hastily put on as a replacement.

We should all have an LBD that we can rely on and there are other black wardrobe essentials I believe are worth investing in, 

 
A great cheaper alternative would be... BODEN CASUAL ZIPPED JEANS £51.50
 

3. Black Leather Biker Jacket - REISS FLUTTER SOFT LEATHER JACKET £450

4. Black Evening Heels - NEXT GHILLY SANDALS £60

5. Black flat leather Ankle Boots - LK BENNETT BETSY ANKLE BOOT £275

6. Special Black Evening Bag - TRY HERE
 
Now, I would never take these shoes off for any comment nor anybody!! 

8. Black Day Bag - JIGSAW LARGE BUCKET BAG £169
 
Thank you for reading and taking time to comment.
 
Annmarie xx

9 comments:

  1. Ah that Chanel bag! I really need to go and try on those Next Ghilly heels too, they look amazing. Next seem to have upped their shoe game recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men! Mine is just the same - I think I look wonderful and then I get shot down in flames. But sometimes they are right. Hmmm.

    Either shoes - you look lovely in your dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The annoying thing Sue, is that they are sometimes right. The best comment was when I came round to his way of thinking - he said thank god for that - you looked like a Guinness waitress???

      Delete
  3. You look fab Annmarie, the dress is so elegant! Some great picks for how to style a LBD! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh it is an old Matchesfashion.com sale buy.

      Delete
  4. You look gorgeous AnnMarie, the dress and shoes look fab on you. Honestly, men, they do come out with some corkers then it does put a little bit of doubt in our heads!! Love the outfits you have put together above, that Alice dress, those Valentino shoes all gorgeous!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they do ....... but annoyingly they are sometimes right, but if I had the Valentino Rockstuds they wouldn't of been coming off for anybody. Love the ALICE dress my favourite LBD of the season so far.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous wrap dress on you. Stunning! Lynne x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest