Thursday, 25 September 2014

FM40 Style - The Black Fur Gilet





 
Here I go again with my obsession of Laura, but I want to highlight the fact that I LOVE her Joseph Mongolian sheepskin gilet and the styling of it, over her MIH oversized shirt and leather leggings, it is a look I would like to emulate. I didn't put a fur gilet on my A/W wish list, but they have been featuring on a few of my favourite blogs and I have now decided I definitely want one. They are perfect for this in-between weather, layered over a shirt or thin knit, I also love them styled over blazers, denim or leather jackets.

 
Laura's Joseph Mongolian Sheepskin Gilet - Retailed for £495 



Another style crush of mine is Olivia Palermo, who is also a lover of the black fur gilet .....and demonstrates the art of layering perfectly below.

Here are my favourite 5,

 
 
I love them all, the affordability and simplicity of number 2, the length and luxury of number 3 and the longer, belted number 5. My favourite, well it is not hard to guess it is the Joseph look a like, number 4 from Mint Velvet ...... gorgeous. I best get saving!!

Are you a fan of fur gilets, do you own one or would you like one?

As ever, thank you for reading.

Annmarie xx

17 comments:

  1. I have a French Connection one from two winters ago I have never worn, feel bad because Claudia treated me to it but it's either too warm or too cold in my opinion and I wouldn't feel comfortable layering it over a jacket, I'd feel like a sack of spuds! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it but don't love the price! I tried a stunning winter white one on today in Top Shop, it was a mere £70 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping to go into Topshop this week to try on their black one. x

      Delete
  3. Hi Annmarie
    Next have a shaggy gilet similar to Laura's but for just £35. It has the look without the damage to the wallet ;)
    Hope this helps xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking at the one from Next and it nearly made the top 5 picks but I want to see it in the flesh, just not sure on the "shaggy" finish. x

      Delete
    2. I bought the Next one a few weeks ago. Reasonable price and friendly on my purse. It looks lovely on with black skinnies, long sleeve tee and black suede western style ankle boots from Next. Definately a goodbuy for those with a smaller budget x

      Delete
  4. I have an old Oasis one which I bought when I was pregnant with Ben and it still comes out every year and looks as good as new. Fab for layering over and under. Did you see the one which Michelle (Myfashionable40s) got from Damart? The proportions and neckline might be just right for you as it doesn't look to overwhelm?

    And looking at your pinspiration - I think I will be wearing in a very similar vein. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I admired Michelle's one from Damart, It may be in the running. x

      Delete
  5. They are all fabulous. Love your picks. I'm rather liking how the gorgeous OP styled her longer line version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Laura's shaggy one....and I shall be stealing her style and wearing mine over a blue shirt as that looks fab! Thanks Sue....you are right you can't go wrong with the Damart one, the proportions are great and it's lovely quality for the price if you are after a save instead of splurge item!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I definitely would rather a save purchase and I do like your Damart one (BTW I loved how you styled it Michelle) xx

      Delete
  7. Love the Mint Velvet one Annemarie, it's stunning isn't it & if I could look even half as good as Laura or Olivia in theirs I'd be very happy indeed!!
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love gilets and I just ordered the Damart one after seeing it on Michelle's blog (My Fashionable 40s). These all look great. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this would be another great buy Annemarie as it could be worn in so many ways! I need a lottery win asap! Lol! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE GILET'S! Mine has become too small so I'm selling it. If anyone knows of any nice size 12 available let me know. Mine is on ebay at http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271853155936?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest