Wednesday, 10 September 2014

FM40 Style - Camel Coats

Following on from yesterday's post you now know a camel coat is on my ultimate wish list. I would love to afford one this season, but my priority this A/W is a coat with a hood. Unless I won the lottery, I did not think I would have the pleasure of a camel coat draped around me until possibly next year. That was until House of Fraser asked myself to review one of their coats in their new  CLOUD NINE  coat range, after looking at the selection, there was only one coat .... saying pick me ...... and, that was the CLOUD NINE LONG WRAP COAT IN CAMEL.

Coat, CLOUD NINE LONG WRAP COAT IN CAMEL.*/ Shoes, Daniel Footwear / Jeans, Zara

There are a few single breasted camel coats around this season, which I like, but I think no other coat style embodies the camel coat’s elegance and refinement quite as the belted style does. A bit oversized, collar popped, sleeves rolled up, calves length and able to cover up any outfit with the most effortless classy sophistication possible.

Matchesfashion.com has a great feature on the Maxmara coat, here is an extract -  In the same sartorial canon as the Chanel suit, the Hermès Birkin and Diane Von Furstenberg’s wrap dress, the MaxMara coat [most notably the 101801 Icon camel cashmere coat, created in 1981 by French couturier Anne-Marie Beretta] remains the Italian brand’s pièce de résistance with several retrospective exhibitions in its honour. Whether it’s belted at the waist atop sleek city tailoring or artfully draped across the shoulders with a casual sweater and jeans, it is instantly recognisable – a true collectors’ item that transcends any decade and passing trend. In the words of Anne-Marie Beretta: ‘The coat is the first refuge.’ And, consequently, the final piece you will ever truly need in your wardrobe.

 
Only the lucky few have over £1200 to spend on a coat and that is why I like CLOUD NINE LONG WRAP COAT IN CAMEL , at £299 it is at a good price point, made in a luxurious Italian wool and cashmere blend fabric. This beautiful long wrap coat has attention to detail with top stitching giving the luxurious look of its more expensive counterpart. 

Here are a few of my other favourite belted camel coats, 



If you are thinking of investing in classic style camel coat, then I would really recommend HOUSE OF FRASER'S CLOUD NINE LONG WRAP COAT IN CAMEL. I am so going to enjoy wearing mine this A/W, thank you House of Fraser. 

Annmarie xx

23 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous on you Annmarie, camel always looks so cool with a bit of leopard print! I love this style but haven't tried it as yet. Being a shortie I'm not sure if the longer lengths are going to work on me or not. I must admit to a Vivienne Westwood camel coat purchase years ago - it has done me so well over the years because it is such a classic colour and goes with everything. Love to see you collaborating with House of Fraser that's fab xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I must confess I did get 2 inches taken off the length of this coat, being a shortie myself. X

      Delete
  2. That looks lovely on you. Being a pain now but how does it look unbelted as i don't always like tying my coats up and just wondered how it looks. Excellent price for the coat as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would tie the belt at the back if I was to have it opened, to give it a slimmer look. I will try to show on the blog soon. X

      Delete
  3. Ha! I knew it would be that one. I'd already had a nosey around the camel coats on the House of Fraser site and this one is one of the best on there definitely. I really struggle with belts around my waist however - I hate being belted up and very rarely wear belts done up on any of my coats which have them. But you picked well and you are a lucky girl.

    I picked up the M&S one when I found it in my size. Still deciding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. I still like the M&S one the shape and style is very A.P.C which you like..... and you are such an perfectionist with material, I am sure you have picked well. X

      Delete
  4. It looks fab on you....a great statement piece to have for years to come:)
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, I hope so. The last camel coat I had, I had for years from Wallis. X

      Delete
  5. Totally gorgeous coat you lucky thing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Michelle can't believe my luck here!

      Delete
  6. I'm more of a chocolate brown girl vs. camel but love it on others. Chocolate brown must be due a comeback soon, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hobbs one is a very dark camel, verging on brown? X

      Delete
  7. It's a total classic and I love the simple way you've styled it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Donna, the classic style was so appealing. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous coat on you and I love the shoes with it. I like the Mango coat which I've been eyeing up for a little while now! Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks stunning on you Annemarie so classic and beautiful, great price too for such an investment piece xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so stylish, what a fabulous timeless coat to have in your wardrobe and styled to perfection, of course I wouldn't have expected anything less!
    Abbi x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats just perfect on you & I'm so glad your prayers were answered! I love the Zara one too! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello!

    Could you tell me what size you have the coat in?
    Thanks for a great blog!

    Moa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the House of fraser one it is a M, if you are relating to my new jaeger one from this weeks post it is also a M (which is sold out online, but a few readers have located Mediums in some outlet stores and they have done mail orders) thank you for your kind comments.

      Delete
  14. Hi,

    I was wondering if you have checked out their rose coat? I already have a camel color trench coat, and this season I am looking for something a bit different and warmer. Is the rose as classy as the camel one?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest