Thursday, 18 September 2014

FM40 Style - Marant v Mango


Sweatshirt, J.Crew / Jeans, Topshop / Shoes, French Sole


Isabel Marant label is still the hottest thing in fashion. Her personal style staples are a pair of tight jeans, flat shoes and a sweatshirt and apparently for evening she would just replace her flats for heels.  Her signature look is very wearable, as she designs for herself......a Parisian working mum. It is a look I often see emulated and I have tried too myself (above, on the school run.)  

Just a few of my favourite items from her A/W 2014 collection. 



I just love her signature style, the skinny leg silhouette, feminine however, masculine, simple, a little rock 'n' roll with a bohemian slant. Even if like me you don't own anything by Isabel Marant you've probably worn something influenced by her designs. 

Mango's summer collection was, I feel totally influenced by her designs and we went crazy for it. So, I have looked at their Autumn collection to see if the Marant influence continues, 


 OR
 
OR
 
OR
 
OR
 
The Marant influence is still there, I am personally loving the leopard dress, perfect with ankle boots and the unstructured blazer, would be totally fabulous over a soft cosy jumper, skinny jeans and ankle boots for that Isabel Marant signature style.
 
Do you like this type of look and what do think of Mango's A/W collection?
 
Annmarie xx

19 comments:

  1. Totally love this look and can not wait to start wearing my Marant Dicker boots I picked up at the NAP sample sale after wanting a pair for years. Fab school run look honey - just perfect x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot you got the Dickers!! High 5!! X

      Delete
  2. Great post, I would love to look like a Parisian working mum, still working on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! They just look so effortlessly cool & chic.

      Delete
  3. I love this look - simple, stylish & elegant. Like you Annmarie I'm also loving that Mango leopard print dress.....I may have to take a further peak!!
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally see you in that leopard dress, Jane. X

      Delete
  4. I love the stripy shirt. Mine (grey/white linen) was £10 in the Uniqlo sale though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Need to check out Uniqlo for shirts. X

      Delete
  5. I am all for making life simple and living in jeans, a sweatshirt and flats or heels!! Some super splurge or save picks, Mango have done the Marant tributes so well again xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have done it again.... Great look a likes. X

      Delete
  6. I think I mentioned before that I would be moving to Switzerland. We're here and settling in and oh my is it expensive! It's doing wonders for my terrible shopping habit as things are so pricey! Mango however is not too bad, and I love that jacket so might see about getting one of those (and hope husband doesn't notice!). Talk about school run catwalk, you need to experience the international school! I think there are two types of mum, sporty mum going off to yog,pay or running and dressed up mum! I'm alternating at the moment :-). Got a lovely poncho from Jigsaw care of my mum and dad who visited this weekend, really simple and chic but very useful on slightly chillier mornings. Really enjoy your posts. Are you ordering any of the Mango bits? Interested to know what you think of the jacket... Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you are settling in Switzerland. I had heard it is expensive, I really do like that Jacket as it would go perfect with a white shirt and jeans (I would like to stash it away for next spring) my school run experience has been ok (being a new girl) gym mums, normal and then the glamour girls with lots of wedges because we are experiencing an India summer here... I hope a fit in the normal camp, as I am lazy has hell to be a gym mummy.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, it is ridiculously expensive! £7 for a cabbage and £6 for a greetings card! Needless to say I doubt I will "need" much here but boy will I have a long list when we come home for Christmas holidays!

      Am seriously tempted by a LV bag like yours...

      Delete
  7. Wouldn't it be lovely to win all of those pieces. I would wear them all....often!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such classic design. Great pieces and I can definitely see her influence in the pieces you have chosen. You look great as always. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking lovely as always Annmarie - wish I could look like a Parisian working mum (I just look like a Yorkshire working mum!) - loving that leather jacket lxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post I'm a Marant girl I have a few pieces although I can no longer afford her prices glad I can follow with Mango.
    Sue x
    Bestfriendstyle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it all too & I'm striving to simplify my wardrobe with similar pieces! Ax

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest