Thursday, 4 September 2014

FM40 Style - My A/W Wish List

I transferred my summer clothes over to the spare room the other day when I had a spare hour (L was having her afternoon nap and N was on the I Pad for his 1 hour ration of Minecraft) but hey ho since I have done that we are experiencing the start of an Indian summer.

Anyway back to the story I looked at my A/W clothes, some of my jumpers are maybe past their sell by date and I seem to have a lot of jackets and day dresses....so no need to buy any more. With all my A/W stuff now hanging in front of me, I tried to compile a list of things that will fill the holes and would work with my existing A/W favourites. 





First item a plain navy jumper as I do not own any knitwear in navy other than 2 cardigans ( that I have put in the whoopsie aisle, they are well passed their sell by date )  

The boyfriend shirt is a big trend for A/W, we have all seen the magazines editorials with this particular shirt styled with tailored pants and Stan Smiths trainers ....... no, you will not be seeing myself in a pair of Stan Smiths -they are just not me. The 80s were not good for me fashion wise, so I have no desire to return there. I do, however, love this type of shirt with skinny jeans or leather leggings with a flat ankle boot and dressed up with heels. 

Yes, last year I looked at them and thought they would be a one season wonder and I was also afraid of looking like an over the hill 41 year old poor imitation of Olivia Newton John. Anyway, it looks like they are here to stay for a while longer, styled correctly and age appropriately they can look amazing.........such as a longer top, for example a classy grey cashmere jumper or an oversized shirt with a smart blazer, hopefully then nobody will be expecting a rendition of  "You're the One I Want" from me.

4. MONCLER JACKET
I need a warm coat with a hood, I have my longer Weekend Maxmara warm coat, but it has no hood and so to fill this hole in my wardrobe a shorter style would be perfect. I have lusted after a Moncler jacket for a few years after seeing Elle Macpherson wearing one and many passengers on my Geneva flights during the winter. I made the mistake of trying one on, on holiday in Marbella in 80 degree heat.....can you believe and loved it! Reading The-Frugality last night, Alex said the puffa is making a back and a totally cheaper option would be UNIQLO ULTRA LIGHT DOWN JACKET from £39.90 that she also featured........but the ones I like have no hood.

Grey cashmere - you can't have enough in my book come Autumn/Winter

6.BODEN LEOPARD BALLERINAS £59
Huge HUGE disappointment here, I ordered these shoes last week and they were showing a 1 week delay and I have since been emailed and told they are now sold out!! Johnnie, if you are to copy the hugely coveted Chloe "LAUREN" ballerinas then please order more stock originally from your suppliers. Gutted now I didn't order sooner..... on daily watch for any returns.

7. WHISTLES 65 STILETTO £135
Looking at my shoe collection the hole is the pointed court shoe. I love them with rolled up jeans for that I am not trying ....but I am look for a casual evening out.

8.  CLARE VIVIER OVERSIZED LEOPARD CLUTCH $290
I would LOVE a Clare Vivier clutch,  a good and cheaper alternative would be BODEN LEOPARD ZIP TOP CLUTCH £79

9. FLAT T-BAR POINTED SHOES £69
I just really like the above shoes and the t-bar shoe is a big trend for this coming season.

10. RUSSELL & BROMLEY CHELSEA BOOT £215
Looking at my boot collection, I am missing a flat ankle boot and I am coveting the simple Chelsea boot.

Will I keep to this list? Can I afford this list......that is another question..... hopefully if I don't go off piste with other things that will catch my eye, let's see how I do over the coming months.

Thank you for reading and for your comments,

Annmarie xx

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous picks, Annmarie. I'm trying to be good as I really don't NEED anything, though there's plenty on my wishlist just in case! Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your picks! Especially the leather leggings, they have some great ones in Next as well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you Arthur's mum, I will check the Next ones out.

      Delete
  3. Great list! The Moncler jacket looks amazing, apparently we're in for a cold winter (allegedly!!), but I've heard good things about the Uniqlo ones. How annoying about the ballerinas selling out, especially so early in the season! I've got Chelsea boots on my list too, although I'm going to wait a while & see what more new stock hits stores in the coming weeks....x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am not diving in too early either with the boots. Susie So So got the collarless Uniqlo down jacket last year and I loved how she layered it under her coats. x

      Delete
  4. Some totally gorgeous picks Annmarie! You have nailed the school run mum look perfectly with your lovely wish list xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the M&S leather leggings and wore them with a grey jumper recently, I prefer the Uniqlo one though, might have to check it out! Also love those leopard ballerinas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do the M&S leather leggings run true to size?

      Delete
    2. They do, definitely smaller than usual M&S which I tend to find generous. I just fit the size 12 and I would usually have no issue with a 12, sometimes 10, in M&S.

      Delete
  6. I love your choices here. And I so wish I had followed your blog earlier as my summer style would have been sorted. As it is, I am already looking forward to your Christmas (yes I did say that) night out style suggestions. As for the leather leggings...I do like them but am too short to wear with flat boots (in my opinion) and in high heels I really would be signing "oo oo oo Honey!". I have the Whistles high heels and they are beautiful shoes but VERY difficult to walk in (although that may just be me!). Thanks for a brilliant blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, love Christmas dresses, so keep reading. Whistles have done a slightly lower heel 65 they are called, do you have them or the original 75?

      Delete
    2. Now I will have to look into that! My shoes are AW13, so may indeed be the 75s.....Darn it! Means I may be looking at yet another pair of black pointy heels :-)

      Delete
  7. I dabbled briefly with the thought of the leather jeggings but realistically - I know I would not wear them much at all so they wouldn't be justified. But I do like the look - I might settle for some faux leather ones - I can just about manage those I think.

    And guess what - you can actually have too many grey cashmere jumpers. I actually put back a Theory grey cashmere jumper the other day which I found in TK Maxx on the grounds that I did not need another grey cashmere jumper. How sensible was I ????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes £100 a lot of money for something I may only wear once in a blue moon. Next apparently have some cheaper ones? Too sensible !!! Theory, grey, cashmere and you put it back......

      Delete
  8. I was just about to transfer my summer clothes to the spare room when the sun came out again but I've still continued to think about items I need for autumn. A grey cashmere sweater is top of my list! Great selection here. Disappointing about the Boden flats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have just been very lucky with the shoes...... my size has just appeared, so I will update you all with the outcome.

      Delete
  9. Fabulous list Annmarie, actually quite similar to mine! I have the Boden leopard clutch, really pleased with it. Well done with the ballet pumps, can't wait to see you in them!
    Abbi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely choices Annmarie. Like you I don't have any pointed courts - I seemed to have missed the boat there, so they too are on my wish list. Super excited to read about the return of the puffa coat - really? Right off to read The Frugality's post and check out your link x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest