Monday, 29 September 2014

FM40 Style - Weekend Away At The Duck.....





On Friday afternoon after work we drove up to the Lake District for a two night (kids free) stay at our special place ...... The Drunken Duck Inn. 
 
We had a delicious meal Friday evening and enjoyed a drink or two! I think we were the last two in the bar ..... no kids, no school run, no early alarm call.  



Saturday we went for an enjoyable walk and then retired back to the bar at the duck, for afternoon tea.
 
I was excited for Saturday evening to wear two new purchases, both are A/W wish list items. Sorry, for the grainy, badly lit selfies, Hubby left me to get ready ....... in other words, an early dart down to the bar and I was to shy to pose outside for better photos later on.


Yes, I have purchased some faux leather leggings and I wore them with my new grey V-Neck cashmere jumper. In my A/W wish list post, I mentioned I was eager to try the M&S leather leggings, but I didn't really want to pay £100. I was reading the blog Net-A-Dresser and she had just purchased a pair of faux leather leggings from Next, at £28 I thought I would give them ago.



I agree with Net-a-Dresser, they are truly fabulous and really do look like leather. Some reviews say they come up slightly small. However, I fitted into my normal size 10 and although they are very skinny, they are really comfortable to wear thanks to the knee seaming and ankle zips. Finally, I love the fact that they are not too shiny like some other faux leather leggings/trousers I have seen.


If you are thinking of dipping your toes in this leather leggings trend, then I think the faux variety is the safest and of course the cheaper option.                

Leather leggings are now an essential to any well-edited wardrobe, they will work day and night with a quick swap of styling. I love them with slouchy grey knits, oversized shirts or loose silk shirts.
 
Try them!
 
Annmarie xx

20 comments:

  1. Looking good honey, the leggings look fab on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous those are gorgeous leggings styled to perfection, I think I need another pair so will check them out, sounds like a heavenly weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I needed a dress down kind of outfit - I haven't tried but I have and these leather look leggings are perfect for that. I really recommend them. X

      Delete
  3. Fabulous outfit, you look great! I really need to be more brave with my outfit choices & actually start wearing what I want to again!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was a little nervous about them, (I thought my hubby would hate them.... But he liked them) styled age appropriate they look very stylish and not mutton. Go on be brave! X

      Delete
  4. They look gorgeous on you! My friend bought the h&m ones this morning & I was so tempted!! You are not helping!! Looks like you had a great time away xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Avril, I couldnt see the H&M ones in my store but I have heard good reviews about theirs from last season.

      Delete
  5. Love the grey, leopard and black combo - very stylish !

    http://www.thestylistandthewardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is a classic combo that just works .... Doesn't it? X

      Delete
  6. Hi there, I've not commented before but I follow your blog as I love your style - similar to mine! But you do it better than me I think! I have to confess to buying the M&S Autograph leggings recently - leather front, ponte back - but with 20% off...I dithered about keeping them but am so glad I did as I have struggled to find anything else that fits well, leather or pleather! Yours look fab with the grey jumper - can you tell me if the jumper is a true-to-size fit? I have been so tempted to buy Uniqlo cashmere - it is such a good price - but thought of going the men's route and getting a jumper to wear over shirts, masculine-style...but I love the look of your more fitted one too. Also, does it wash well or bobble? I have hand washed cashmere before - but find it does bobble after a while which is why I've steered clear laterly (and gone for merino). Thanks for the postings with great style ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I love the M&S ones just not £100, jealous you got them with 20% off. Uniqlo cashmere I would recommend, it is as good as it's more expensive counterparts (such as pure collection) I hand wash cashmere with woolite, but no softner (that increases the pilling) to rinse lay the jumper flat over a dry towel and roll and that squeezes the excess water out. Dry flat, for the piles use a cashmere comb. I hope that helps, I love merino wool myself but l love the softness of cashmere, so I don't mind putting the effort in to look after it. Oh and they run true to size, I get a M (size 12) was thinking about getting a men's one, so it would be more longer. Thank you for following my blog. Xx

      Delete
  7. What a lovely place to stay Annmarie! No wonder it's your special place, it looks gorgeous! Love your outfit too....off to order some of those trews from Next xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle, we love it there. The trousers I would really recommend, they are showing a delay - they said they were on a 7 week delay when I ordered them but I got them the following week? X

      Delete
  8. What a simple but fab outfit. Love it. Do you know those leggings are now on a 10 week delay? Bog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Sue. When I ordered mine, it said a 7 week delay but I got them the following week??

      Delete
  9. You look fantastic! What a fab outfit. Sounds like a great child free weekend too. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, laid back simplicity. The Uniqlo jumper looks FAB, would like to try the leggings too.
    Your weekend sounds perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am reading down the posts! You look fab Annmarie and great choice of place to stay too. My friend's parents live a few doors away at Gilpin Green Barn - happy memories and such a lovely location xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this look on you and am definitely going to try the leggings. Sounds like you had a fab weekend!
    A x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest