Monday, 13 October 2014

FM40 Occasions - Wedding in Alice by Alice Temperley



Dress, Alice by Temperley Eros Dress / Bag, Dior (old) / Shoes, Christian Louboutin (old)
On Saturday my cousin got married and as you may know I was hoping to purchase a dress for this occasion in the summer sales. I had my eye on a couple here, but the Alice by Temperley lace one was my favourite. I nearly purchased it in the My Wardrobe preview sale in black, but my heart was set on the oyster colour, as I have more than a few Little black dresses. I held my nerve and waited for it to be reduced in the oyster colour and it has been patently hanging up in my wardrobe waiting for the big day since. 

Thankfully the weather turned out to be very pleasant after rain was forecast. The day went fabulously well for them, a lovely church service followed by an amazing reception at the very glamorous Hilton Hotel in Liverpool One. 

The bride wore a bespoke Kirsty Doyle dress, Kirsty is a Liverpool Designer who won the first series of  Sky's Project Catwalk. 


I felt amazing in my dress all day and evening and I will be wearing it again over the upcoming party season. Temperley has a few ranges to suit all budgets including, her high street line Somerset available at John Lewis, Alice by Temperley (which my dress is from)  the slightly cheaper contemporary sister line to Temperley London, which was created with the same spirit of Temperley, but for the everyday with a rock 'n' roll twist, offering her key signatures looks such as lace, leather, tailoring, knitwear and relaxed eveningwear. Then there is her top end line ‘Temperley London’ which is a very feminine, timeless and luxury collection. 

Here are my favourite dresses from across her lines, perfect for the upcoming party season ..... Scarily it's not that far-off!


On a recent visit to John Lewis I also spotted this gorgeous Somerset dress, which is the shorter all black version of the maxi I have featured above. 


Annmarie
xx


19 comments:

  1. What a beautiful wedding and you look stunning!
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress, you look lovely!
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I love it, cannot wait to wear it again! X

      Delete
  4. You look beautiful in that dress. Wish I'd bought when you first featured. That was my favourite back then. And still is now. Looking forward to winter styling ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally it is me regretting not buying things - my regret of the summer is etoile Marant kaftan! X

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous dress Annemarie so gad you managed to buy it in the sales.
    Jane xx
    www.mymidlifefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane I nearly caved at getting it in black but held my nerve with lots if internet searches for this colour. X

      Delete
  6. You look amazing & the dress is stunning..perfect wedding outfit! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely and so chic and I'm not surprised you felt fabulous all day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wedding outfit perfection Annmarie.....you look stunning! Sounds like you had a wonderful day xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look stunning in this dress! Love a good wedding! Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lace dress is gorgeous and I have to admire the Louboutins as well! Do you know of anywhere, preferably not with the designer price tag, that do similar nude courts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lk Bennett, Dune & M&s all do patent nude heels. X

      Delete
  11. Its such a beautiful dress & it looks amazing on you! Ax

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest