Wednesday, 29 October 2014

FM40 Style - I Do Love Winter Clothes

 
Coat, Nicole Farhi / Denim Shirt, H&M / Jeans, Topshop / Hat, Urban Oufitters / Bag & Boots, R&B
 
Here I am the other day off for a day out with the children to the National Trust's Rufford Old Hall for their Halloween spooky trail.
 
I love winter clothes....... One of the reasons, in the warm weather I feel like I am showing more skin, which sometimes causes insecurities. However, during the winter you can hide under layers, which can cover up any minor imperfections (now my mummy tummy MT can provide extra warmth!)
I can indulge in my love of hats, which can cover up serious bad hair days (plus saves me time with styling, just throw on my fedora or beanie and go!) I think if you invest in wardrobe essentials such as, a good quality coat, bag and boots ......you can get away with what is, underneath. 

Just for you, here is a peep at what I was wearing underneath, I decided to do double denim, with navy jeans that is an easier and modern way to do denim on denim. 
 


Most of the items apart from the bag are old pieces. If you fancy recreating this look then you can below with the actual items or very similar. 

 
 
Do you like winter clothes or do you prefer summer clothes?
 
As ever thank you reading,
 
Annmarie
xx 
 
* I am working on a couple of posts dedicated to flat boots, but half term is getting in the way. Hopefully I will post before the weekend. If not it will be Monday.

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous outfit Annemarie, I definitely prefer autumn/winter clothes & layering not to mention been able to wear jackets. There's just so much more you can do.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are correct Jane there is much more styling opportunities. X

      Delete
  2. I has to be Summer for me Annmarie - so much easier plus I feel the cold like you've never known so end up layering to a ridiculous level in the Winter! Loving the outfit and the double denim - and the hat - although I have to say I can't imagine you having a bad hair day! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do Jenny just never photograph on those days!!

      Delete
  3. The outfit looks amazing. I am keen to get a Fedora this year but just don't know if I can pull it off. Did you feel 100% comfortable wearing it? Every time I have put one on I feel a bit daft (even though it looks ok) - it's a confidence thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you have to be confident, I just always loved wearing hats, one of the reasons I wanted to be an air hostess years ago. X

      Delete
  4. I'm with you on winter clothes too, Annmarie. I love the colder months and wrapping up warm. I think it's easier to look a little more stylish in winter clothes too (which you do so, so well!). Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think if you have the good basic of a great coat you will always look stylish ..... Less skin on show for me is always more chic. Xx

      Delete
  5. Winter all the way for me! Love your post, the hat looks FAB, xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh another winter fan. Thank you, I love hats. X

      Delete
  6. I really need to get myself a denim shirt, this has reminded me! I too love winter clothes, I'm in my comfort zone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have a denim shirt until last winter and I must say I find it a really useful wardrobe item. X

      Delete
  7. I prefer winter clothes as my winter clothes are better quality and I have more choice! Haven't really started wearing winter clothes yet though, it's so mild here! People in London in T- shirts today and saw lots in sandals! Can't wait to start wearing my fedora though, especially after seeing your pics.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I find I buy less in the winter, but of better quality. Which I find I enjoy wearing more. X

      Delete
  8. Fab look and I love your black coat. I never like winter clothes until I start wearing them, it's that changeover period I hate x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest