Friday, 3 October 2014

FM40 Style - Shirts

 


Shirt, MIH / Jeans, Topshop / Shoes, Scarosso

Firstly, may apologise for the poor exposure of the above outfit picture. Where I like to take the photos at the side of our house (in private) now come autumn is slightly shady, I think I need to address this with a better camera! For those of you who follow me on Instagram you will know I finally have some new leopard shoes. My internet search for leopard loafers took me to the website, Scarosso...... full of just divine Italian loafers! Scarosso says this particular style runs small, so I ordered one size up as they suggested, together with my normal 37, my normal size fitted fine. Anyway, let us get back to the subject of this post, shirts ......

When reading Susie So So's latest post on shirts I was nodding in agreement with her. I still have my holiday excess pounds, the diet starts each Monday morning and miserably fails in the afternoon. I have just not have been in my diet willpower mode recently and I have therefore been favouring my shirts (they are just more friendly to the old MT, mummy tummy.) My Gap chambray and MIH shirts have been worn quite a bit .....I like to open a few buttons like Sue (which is very flattering if you have a large bust like myself) to show part of my body with the least fat on, my collar and breast bones. Shirts are very fashionable at the moment, especially the more relaxed loser fit. 

I have always admired Equipment silk shirts, but never purchased due to the price, they look fabulous with distressed denim, leather leggings, more formal skirts and trousers, just a very useful shirt/blouse to have. I may have found a cheaper alternative at Uniqlo ...... with some other favourite shirts of mine I have spied, below.

 
 comes in a range of colours
 
 
 
 


Have a fabulous weekend!
 
Annmarie xx

11 comments:

  1. Well you know what they about people and great minds eh? Thank you for the mention and I hope the shirt is lovely. I have high expectations given that I thoroughly rate the previous 2 I've bought from them and which have worn beautifully. I may have ordered a few extra bits whilst I was there ... just because I was putting the order in :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has arrived today Sue, I am quite pleased with the proportions, in that it doesn't overwhelm me. x

      Delete
  2. Oh off to take a look now.....Such a great buy and what 'look-a-likeie' too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there - new follower :-) Interesting what you say about Equipment shirts! I finally caved after trying to find alternatives for ages (well over a year!) and never being satisfied. In the end I ordered direct from Equipment (free shipping in the US) and had an American friend ship it to me from her address in the states. It literally cost half the price when ordered in dollars, well near enough! So pleased and I have to say; they are as good as they seem. I am so pleased with mine. Great shoes btw... Lou x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have an American friend ..... Jealous!! I would adore a Equipment one, the Unqilo one has arrived today, I am pleased with it ...... it will do until I can get the real thing. Thank you for following my blog. x

      Delete
  4. Oooh lovely new shoes! They are gorgeous Annmarie! I don't think you will disappointed in the Uniqlo silk shirt.....I bought a spotty one back in Spring and it is excellent quality, the fit is great too! I have to say out of your picks I love the denim collarless shirt from Gap, it's just a bit different to anything else in my shirt collection! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving those shoes, gorgeous. Fed up of shirt dilemma's but want a check one now x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on the same shirt quest at the minute too, I like slighter longer line, slim fitting ones, which are a bit hard to come by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has arrived today, I got the size m (not too big or too long) which is great being only 5ft 3. x

      Delete
  7. Loving shirts under sweaters at the moment, especially a pale blue one from Maison Scotch. I'm so tempted by the Uniqlo shirt, didn't know they did silk shirts, will have to go and try on!
    A x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest