Tuesday, 21 October 2014

FM40 Style - Something New, Something Old and Something Recycled....

 

There are certain days with small children when you are more or less house bound, maybe you have chores to catch up on, or it's the weather or illness ..... what do you wear on days like this?

Yesterday was such a day, it was the first day of half term for N (two weeks, he deserves the break, bless him, he has been a super star since starting reception, albeit a very tired super star!) we were all feeling slightly under the weather and I had a ton of stuff to do at home, so a lazy play day at home for them. 

I also knew I had to nip out to collect some dry cleaning and run a few other errands before our upcoming weekend break to Scotland so it had to be something that was outdoor presentable. I decided on the above outfit, my new grey jeans (I did buy them to dress up, but they totally work for casual as well) with my very old Whistles cashmere cardigan and something I have altered and recycled. 



This Juicy Couture top is a few years old, the black bow that initially attracted me to buy the blouse now annoys me ...... I love Clara's styling ideas from the working girl who uses lace tops layered under her cosy knits in the winter.

With inspiration from Susie So So also , I took to the scissors for a little re alteration.  


This top will now get worn a whole lot more, under blazers (it never sat correctly before with the bow) and for layering under jumpers and cardigans. 
 




I have picked a few items from the high street that you can re-create the Acne/Working Girl  look that I love. 

This cardigan is very much like the ACNE RAYA CARDIGAN which is sold out most places and about £300!
 
Very Clara ! (but a fraction of the price of her tops)
 
 
These jeans are very similar to the ACNE SKIN 5 PISTOL JEANS which retail for £200.

Thank you for reading.

Annmarie
xx

22 comments:

  1. Amazing what a little tweak can do to give a whole new lease of life to a garment and I think you will definitely get a lot more wear out of your little top like that.

    By the way, those jeans look fab on you and the perfect length on you too ... which means they will be a fraction too long for me - drat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will they? You might be able to get a waist size smaller than me, they might be a tad shorter. Mango have some great grey jeans?

      Delete
  2. Fab outfit Annemarie & I love your alteration of your lace top, it's amazing what can be achieved by taking a pair of scissors to something you've fallen out of love!
    Jane xx
    www.mymidlifefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous outfit, great idea to take the bow off and give your top a new lease of life! Love the grey jeans, they look ace with your New Balance xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look. The jeans are great on you. Love the Clara look...that woman has some budget though, so jealous of her wardrobe, my jaw dropped the other day when she casually popped into Max Mara and bought two coats...she seems to like all the designers I do and be able to buy all their great pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! Me too, serious expensive taste but unfortunately exquisite taste that I love!!

      Delete
  5. Looking good honey, the jeans are fab! I have an old Monsoon blouse with a black bow I might cut off now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous outfit and I love the top. Like you said I think you get lots more wear out without the bow.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit, I really need some NBs! Whereabouts in Scotland are you headed? It's Baltic here today on the east coast & was sleeting earlier, brrrrrrr!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are going to Edinburgh for the weekend, really looking forward to it. X

      Delete
  8. I do love seeing you in the New Balance trainers, fab look on you! And great idea to take the bow off your top, you will get so much more wear out of it!
    A x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby, I think I will - I will use it as a t-shirt. X

      Delete
  9. Great idea altering your top, it looks great! Really love your Zara jeans, they go perfectly with the NB's! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I initially purchased them to go with black stilettos but they go great with the NBs don't they? X

      Delete
  10. Great idea. Perfect outfit for a lazy day! Lynne s

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very clever top alteration, it looks great! Fab trainers as well. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cracking outfit! I really do need to jump on the NB bandwagon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab outfit & I love the recycled top! The grey jeans & NBs look made for each other too! Ax

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest