Monday, 27 October 2014

FM40 Style - Weekend in Edinburgh

 
Jumper, Uniqlo / Scarf, M&S / Jeans, Zara / Boots, R&B / Bag, LV
 
On Thursday we travelled to Edinburgh on the train, which I was most excited about (due to my job air travel is like a busman's holiday, but trains excite me.) 

I had the dilemma of what clothes to take  it was going to be a relaxed break mainly aimed for the children, our two planned activities, visiting Edinburgh Zoo and the Museum of Scotland. 

The necessaries were, 

1. Large tote bag - to fit in colouring books, I-pad, nappy wallet for L, hats and scarves for the family, plus my daily things. 

2. A warm coat - that was suitable for example, to take me from a visit to the Zoo then out for tea on Friday evening. 

3. Comfortable ankle boots - preferably with a small heel. 

The Museum of Scotland was amazing, the architecture of the building blew me away firstly never mind T-Rex himself. After our visit we had a very happy boy. 




We stayed in the Old Town Chambers a collection of serviced apartments, which I would highly recommend especially if you have small children like us and maybe want to dine in for the evening, they were very stylish and beautiful. The children absolutely loved their deck bed which was separated by a curtain from the hall which gave them great fun at peekaboo.
 

What clothes I took served me well, but I did sneak in three shops on George Street (all I could with the non shoppers I was with Hubby & N) one of the stores I choose was Jigsaw (as my local store in Liverpool recent shut?? - I think the large concession in John Lewis did the beautiful Jigsaw stand alone store no favours) I have included some of their items in my perfect outfit below, which is a very similar vibe I was trying to achieve in Edinburgh. 



 
 
Bloggers are going crazy for this bag as it is very similar to Mansur Gavriel designer Bags
 
Perfect for jazzing up your bag
 
I adore both above pair of boots, reminiscent of IM's designs
 
Love, love this, the perfect Mama Parka, but with a touch of glamour with the on trend fur shawl collar.
 
 
Oh, I also managed a floor by floor look around Harvey Nichols en route to the lovely Fourth Floor Restaurant for lunch on Saturday and got to hold, touch and drool over by new ultimate bag wish, the Givenchy Antigona Tote , before looking at them in the flesh I thought I would want the classic black, but the navy was divine.
 
As ever thank you for reading,
 
Annmarie
xx

21 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend Annemarie & I love your outfit.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane we did! Looking forwArd to going back maybe just the 2 of us next time!? X

      Delete
  2. I love going through to edinburgh, it's my favourite place in the UK! Myself & the hubby are off again in a couple of weeks for a couple of days of 'us' time, we're already choosing restaurants to eat in!! I was there a couple of weeks ago for the day with my daughter & we had lunch at the Forth Floor followed by lusting over the Jimmy Choos & Louboutins & spending far too much at the MAC counter :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love it, I have visited the city once as a child and then a few times with work. Hubby had never been, his many visits to Scotland have always been golf trips and they have just passed through. Great shopping!! We have decided we are returning for just 'us' time to and would like to visit tom kitchin's place. Xx

      Delete
  3. It looks like a lovely place you stayed in - perfect family setting. And I am having a new love in with Jigsaw this season - I'm coveting those Cara ankle boots but in the navy of all colours. I tried them on and I loved them. But I can't justify them ... well at least I don't think I can unless I grow more feet so I can wear all my shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was and felt nice just sitting in Thursday & Saturday night with a takeaway. Me too with Jigsaw, I loved them years ago but love has returned! Some really beauitful stuff ..., oh the boots, I never tried on because I knew I would love them, the Navy are gorgeous. I put the black ones on the mood board as they toned in with the jumper & bag better. Love the leather detailing on the back. Xx

      Delete
  4. You look absolutely fab in that whole outfit - you can really carry off a hat, which is not something that can be said of many people! I look like a mushroom when I wear one. Is that the Uniqlo cashmere V-neck or the cashmere tunic with the slightly longer back? And I love the boots plus Zara grey jeans...I have the Acne pistols which are v similar but still find them too high to wear for a day out shopping or sightseeing – I am such a wuss about heels. Just bought some flat biker boots as rainproof everyday boots were at the top of my A/W shopping list and am looking forward to seeing the flat boot round-up you promised for this week! Annabel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annabel, i do like hats. The jumper is just the ladies V neck jumper. I love the Acne pistols nearly purchased them but got these R&B ones last year as they were cheaper. Hopefully I will have flat boots on the blog near the end if the week. Xx

      Delete
  5. You look super chic in your Edinburgh outfit! I think a trip to Edinburgh is definitely on the agenda for us after seeing your post, it looks fantastic! Jigsaw used to be one of my favourite shops too.....I'm falling in love with it again after seeing your fab picks here xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you need to Michelle, Jigsaw may be back on track, their coats are gorgeous. X

      Delete
  6. Lovely photos Annmarie....your outfit is fab too! I loved Edinburgh, must try plan a return visit! Enjoy your week:)
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must Anne! I believe the Christmas markets are great. X

      Delete
  7. Perfect outfit so chic. I feel the same about Jigsaw, I used to buy a lot in there but haven't for the last couple of years although I wanted stuff in the summer which didn't get reduced enough or sold out in my size x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one negative thing, they are slightly pricey. X

      Delete
  8. You look so stylish in your fedora, had almost forgotten about mine, will have to wear! Hope you had a lovely time
    A x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Hats Abbi, perfect for bad hair days for me. X

      Delete
  9. I love Edinburgh and what a beautiful place to stay! You are dressed stylishly as always. Gorgeous picks here. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we were so impressed with the apartments, really made the stay extra special Lynne. X

      Delete
  10. You could have put small children in that bag - wow. that's what I call a bag!
    Great outfit for travelling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have seen things I have never even seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is maybe because you are found in more glamorous places than the Zoo. We want to visit your beautiful city again in the near future, but next time children free!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest