Thursday, 20 November 2014

FM40 Lifestyle - Yoga Fashion


My track record of going to the gym is appalling, I join with full of enthusiasm after 3 months I stop going. Since having the children my fitness has deteriorated badly, my core strength is now none existent, bones are starting to ache and creak ........ at 42 I thought this was best tackled. 

  • I cannot run, my knees couldn't take it and I my bladder couldn't cope!
  • I once fell in love with spinning, just don't have the fitness for that any more. 
  • I hate gyms, I don't have the willpower to work out in them ...... Jumping from one machine to the next, 10 minutes here, another lousy 10 minutes there.
  • Swimming........ no, definitely not, cannot be bothered with getting my hair wet and having to wash it again. 
 
So, what I can I do to make my mind and body feel better, to get some strength back into my core and which will also give myself some switch off time ........ Hot Yoga??

I have practiced yoga in the past and enjoyed it and with a new hot yoga studio opening up close by, I thought I would give it a go. I dusted off the old trainers, N was shocked and rather impressed I had a pair of Adidas and found my old yoga leggings. For School run the other Monday I put them on, I thought now I know maybe why a lot of Mummys wear gym clothes and their hair in a pony for the school run, it is quicker, far quicker! N was still amazed with this outfit and the trainers and proudly told his headmaster when I dropped him off "my mummy is going to yoga" the shame! 

I am really enjoying it, I thought the hotness would be a challenge for me, but I have found it quite invigorating. 

Of course being fashioned obsessed I want new yoga clothes to look the part, all the gear, but no idea ..... you may say. 

My old yoga leggings are from Sweaty Betty and are amazing, pull you in and are totally opaque (I wore them after having the children, with long sweaters and my 50/50 Stuart Weizman boots, when my pre-pregnancy jeans wouldn't go near me.) Browsing Sweat Betty, surprise, surprise, I want loads!




"Yoga is a light, which once lit, will never dim. The better you practice, the brighter the flame."
B.K.S lyengar 

Have a wonderful weekend everybody,
 
Annmarie
xx
 
P.S The other evening I did a touch of online shopping, three items in the space of 1 hour, the joys of the internet. Two are from my A/W wishlist and the other, well....... ordered just because I wanted one. All hopefully should be appearing on the blog next week, depending on delivery.

15 comments:

  1. Hot Yoga sounds amazing Annemarie & I'd love to give it a go but I'm not sure if anywhere does it locally to us. Plus for me if I don't get it done first thing of a morning it would simply not happen hence running at silly o'clock with a torch in the winter!!
    Love the bits you've picked from Sweaty Betty they do some lovely pieces don't they?!
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on swimming Annmarie....it's a bit too high maintenance for me! I do exercise everyday (first-thing like Jane) in the comfort of my own so no nice gym gear is needed by me!! I do a Tracey Anderson trampette style workout in the slobbiest of gear!! Whatever fits easiest into your lifestyle I say....this really works for me!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Tracey Anderson DVD I use to work out to after I had N, he use to look at me bewildered as a baby in his bouncer .... Bless him. She is good!

      Delete
    2. A bit off topic, but what trampoline do you use for your TA workout? I have been doing her workouts on and off for years and love it but am yet to try her trampoline workout. xx

      Delete
    3. Sorry for late reply, I didn't use a trampoline for my TA workout. I have the DVD that uses a kitchen chair and small hand weights and includes a lot of dancing around. x

      Delete
  3. I run most days & ditto Jane & Michelle, I have to get it done first thing, or straight after the school run on days I'm not working! H&M do really great sports wear (including yoga). I did hath a yoga for years before having kids & whilst pregnant with my daughter & I'd love to get back into it, hot yoga sounds interesting! Really love the bakasana Sweaty Betty vest. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gap make good fitness gear too. And my yoga teacher friend swears by Lululemon yoga wear. Off topic - I received my Boden aubergine t bar flats today - they look fab - am keen to know what you think when you get yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got mine late Friday night .... I like, they will be appearing on the blog on Monday hopefully. Great colour aren't they ... thank you for reminding myself to order them.

      Delete
  5. I hurt my back at Easter and had to do almost 6 months without exercise - urgh. I felt like a complete pork chop. Had to buy some new stuff in August as an incentive to start again. Gap Fit is good quality, esp the leggings and esp when they have a 30% off offer. V much looking forward to hearing about your online purchases in more detail. Everyone seems to be up to their eyes in sequins and novelty jumpers and I am buying for a winter sun holiday in January. Have had some good luck with sale purchases and am umming and aahhing about the Love Sam top on Shopbop. Yes, it's still on there and I am still yearning for it. It's Black Friday next Fri so am keeping my fingers crossed for some sort of discount. Annabel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Second person here to praise Gap sports wear, I will have to take alook. Ah the Sam love top, I can't wait to wear that on my summer hols with denim cut offs. Shopbop will definitely do a Black Friday discount code. The 3 pieces are definitely not Christmas sparkles or a novelty jumper! Although included in my spending that night was a lamb costume for my little boy for his Christmas play .... that was the only thing festive I purchased. He he xx

      Delete
  6. I nearly went to a class of hot yoga the other day, but something cropeed up and I couldnt go! I go to the gym pretty regularly, but getting a bit bored and need to try something different to be inspired again, so will try and get to Hot Yoga next week! Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Helen you need to try it! I am really enjoying it! X

      Delete
  7. Hubby and I keep saying we are going to start yoga, I don't think I could cope with anything else, my knee's couldn't I can hardly get up the stairs at the moment! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry but it's BKS Iyengar and not Lyengar as in your post! The yoga guru is from my home city where I learned yoga as a child. Great post.. Inspired me to get back to yoga with some shopping :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest