Tuesday, 18 November 2014

FM40 Style - Boden Oversized Off Duty Jumper

Jumper, Boden/ Leather look leggings, Next / Shoes,  LK Bennett
 
This winter the oversized chunky knit is really a popular trend, I wanted a cosy knit to work with my leather leggings to cover my bum and thighs. I looked at some at Zara and Mango, but I finally opted for the BODEN OFF DUTY JUMPER £89 NOW £66.75. I wore it Saturday evening to go out for tea with the family.


 
It is really cosy and I love the roll neck. I am only 5ft 3 and normally a size 10/12 on top, I got the size small so it didn't overwhelm me,  it is long on me, but the slimness of the sleeves balance things out. It is really important to balance oversized knits with streamline pieces, such as skinny trousers. In Boden's new dairies their Brand Manager Izzy Johnson wears the off duty jumper and her tip for wearing oversized knits is also balance.
 
 
“I’ve smartened up my oversized knit by wearing it with a tailored masculine coat. It’s a pretty useful rule to remember that if you’re wearing something oversized, you need to keep your other pieces quite fitted.” Izzy Johnson, Boden Brand Manager.
 

She is wearing her jumper with the Amelia Coat, which to be honest I hadn't noticed before and I love it in the navy herringbone very Marantish. This masculine style of coat is so versatile and works with many trends about this season.
 
 
Boden have 30% off selected items and also 25% off plus free delivery offer on today HERE, Quote 3Y8Y .

I have you purchased any oversized cosy knits this season?

Annmarie
xx

10 comments:

  1. Love the jumper teamed with your leggings Annemarie & your hair looks gorgeous too!
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, my hair is desperate for the roots to be done. x

      Delete
  2. I love you doing reviews on something like this as it's really helpful to see what a jumper like this looks like given that we are a similar height (you are taller still). It looks fab and you've styled everything exactly how I would want to wear them. I still haven't found my pleather leggings/jeggings yet though - but I am trying really hard! If I'd just ordered the Next ones when I should have done, they would have been here by now but patient I am not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue for the styling compliment. I would really recommend the Next pleather leggings Sue, I had a 3 course meal and the comfy waistband stretched with me.... great. x

      Delete
  3. I've had my eye on this jumper after buying the silver grey last year - am after the oatmeal colour (as lomg as it's not too dreary a colour - I can do cream but not beige!) I bought a medium last year as I like a slouchy fit - and am normally a medium anyway - but so many reviewers have mentioned that the jumper comes up really big. Also that it stretches when washed. I have not had a problem with my current jumper (which I wash using Woolite on a wool cycle in the machine). I'm tempted to try the cashmere version too but it looks shorter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I struggled with beige too, I can do a definite cream and camel but oatmeal ..... no, it is funny isn't it. I would normally get a medium or 12 in their jumpers but I also read the reviews. As to the stretching, I will be also washing it in woolite and drying flat to avoid any dropping. Yes, I also like the cashmere too, fingers crossed that goes in the final 40% sale for us. x

      Delete
  4. One of the lady's on our outfit sharing facebook page Avenue 57 had this on last week in a different colour and I was immediately drawn to the fact that for me, it would hide a multitude of sins but I don't like the colours except the charcoal. Looks fab with the skinnies and heels Annemarie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sharron the Charcoal is great, size down honey they run big in my opinion. xx

      Delete
  5. Totally my kind of outfit - I love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you've styled this, Annmarie bayou look beautiful. I bought it in the mustardy green colour and it is a great jumper Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest