Monday, 24 November 2014

FM40 Style - Boden T-Bar Flats

 
Coat, Massimo Dutti (old) / Jeans, Zara (old) / Bag, Chanel / Shoes, BODEN T-BAR FLATS

Saturdays that I am not working are special in our household (I work every other), Hubby is a very keen golfer so after he finishes golf we often take the children out for their tea or for a hot chocolate after I have normally finished the Saturday party run. This Saturday we didn't have any parties, so we had just a relaxing morning watching Peter Pan in our PJ's. When hubby came home we took the children out for an early pizza tea to our local favourite Italian restaurant. What did I wear, well my new Boden shoes of course, which gained a response from Hubby "what are they, another pair of new shoes??"
 
These BODEN T-BAR FLATS in aubergine have been in and out of my basket for months, initially I wanted them in the Navy and I included them in my A/W wish list, but they were always on a 10 week wait list and then they sold out. Last Wednesday, a lovely reader commented on my post about my Boden oversized jumper and mentioned that she had just ordered the same jumper and the T-bar flats. Now I don't need much encouragement...... Carol pointed out to myself, there was the 25% discount and the T-bar flats were a great look alike to Laura Fantacci's burgundy Valentino Rockstuds. After our virtual conversation and loving Laura's #ootd that included her burgundy rockstuds, I thought yes I need them, luckily they were still available in my size 37.
 

 
The statement or superflats are very big in the fashion world at the moment, they are ideal for Mums like us, my life doesn't call for high heels on a day to day basis. However, I want a flat shoe that makes me feel like I am wearing killer heels, I totally agree with Laura and Petro, who say the statement flat has to be pointed (although I have pretty ballet flats, I don't feel glamorous in them, as I do in a pointed flat) and a little bit special with glitter, studs or laces. The BODEN T-BAR FLATS colour tone makes them special, together with the pointed t-bar, I am in love with my new shoes and I styled them with grey (after N took my picture, I ran back inside to get my cosy old Missoni scarf ...... it's getting cold!) I cannot wait to also wear them with Navy, as I think this gorgeous winter shade of aubergine goes very well with Navy.


Boden have done some amazing designs this season and next season ..... well wow!!! There are Sophia Webster, Aquazzura and Miu Miu inspired designs  in their preview for spring 2015.

 
Which pair do you want? I personally want them ALL!!!!

As ever thank you for reading and for your comments.

Annmarie
xx

15 comments:

  1. Your T-bar shoes are gorgeous, a perfect alternative to the Valentinos. I have my eye on the silver lace up boden flats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do to, but I might go for the navy and the gold miu miu look alikes ones, as I have my flat pointed silver boden shoes from last year. Their shoes are just fab. X

      Delete
  2. How exciting to read my quote on your blog! I too have my shoes now and LOVE them. They do indeed look fab with grey, and I reckon they will look good with red too, even a different shade of red (as per Laura ha ha - she sometimes pairs burgundy and true reds together) My only concern was: will I get enough wear out of them this winter as my feet get so cold. And by the time Spring rolls round, the colour won't be quite as on trend. But I decided to not worry about such minor details and I'm glad I ordered them. I love the silver and navy Boden ones for Spring. They have gone on the wish list (although I cannot think beyond Winter yet)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes definately with red, I don't have a red jumper ....boo (just a top & jacket) I nearly paired it with a neon pink J Crew tippi I have and they went. Yes, I am into winter too much, I might wear them on a Christmas shopping day with my mum on Wednesday, wear my hat coat and scarf and let my feet suffer the cold for the sake of fashion!!

      Delete
  3. I do love those shoes, and such a great price too, they look super comfy, and very stylish both big pluses! Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really happy I got the 25% off, affortable rockstud subs, Helen! Xx

      Delete
  4. Love how you're styled your new shoes Annemarie. They're going to be such a versatile colour for winter.
    Boden have some stunning things coming through for Spring that already on my wish list.....think I may need to have a clear out before then!!
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, to afford all I want I may have to do a Ebay clear out ! X

      Delete
  5. I am in love with these shoes Annmarie! They look stunning with grey and will be gorgeous with navy too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is hopefully the next outfit Michelle. X

      Delete
  6. LOVE your Boden shoes, the colour is what makes them IMO. And the spotty ones are my favourite for what's coming up, how fun are they! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely pair of statement flats and in such a lovely hue. I love the burgundy with greys and navy and they're going to look fab with your wardrobe staples. The lace up shoes look fab too - silver or navy, silver or navy? I think I would personally find it very hard to choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I feel I may have a silver and navy dilemma arising come the New year, at the moment the Navy have the edge Sue.

      Delete
  8. I wanted the zebra in these ages ago but they were out of stock in my size and I've since forgotten about them, until now! They look fab! I can see a few pairs for next year I want already! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look fabulous. Lve how you've styled them too. Perfect for this time of year. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest