Sunday, 2 November 2014

FM40 Style - A Fur Compromise


 
Fur Collar , NEXT / Jacket, Jigsaw / Jeans, Zara / Bag, Mulberry / Shoes, R&B
 
This is us (L photo bombed my normal bloggers pose) ready to go out for Sunday Lunch, today.
 
You may know I was wanting a fur gilet and my favourite being the MINT VELVET CHARCOAL MONOGOLIAN GILET  , but at £199, a little pricey for me at the moment. So, I was perusing Next and spotted this great looking fur scarf. I closed the window as I thought it was possibly too short, but reading my blogging friend Sharron's blog that same evening, she had seen it in the flesh and said it was nicer looking and longer than the photo appeared ..... totally trusting Sharron, I was back on Next and I ordered it.  
 

 
I am delighted with it, it can be worn crossed over like Next's picture or loose like I have over a blazer. 

Here are some Pinterest images that give some more fur collar/fur scarf inspiration. 

 

It is a cheaper alternative to the gilet option and maybe slightly more flattering if you may be top heavy and if you only wish to dip your toes into the fur trend this autumn/winter then this NEXT FAUX FUR COLLAR/SCARF is perfect in my opinion.

Flat boots up next on the blog.

Annmarie
xx

17 comments:

  1. Yay! It looks lovely on you Annemarie and if I can't get the Dune one (black now sold out) I will be joining you, think black will look fab with our camel coats too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was thinking the same! Great minds think alike and all that. X

      Delete
  2. Loving this fur collar, its made me think about fishing my one out from last year.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous. I really love Helen Moore scarves but this is a more achievable price!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. £20 is a great price, I must check out Helen Moore. X

      Delete
  4. This looks gorgeous on you Annemarie. I brought a black/blue one last year from H&M & found it so useful.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Furry gilets...the topshop faux fur gilet is presently sitting beneath my desk all ready to be returned at lunchtime...it is lovely but at 5ft 2in and busty I just looked slightly comical in it, like a fluffy round ball. Not really the look I was hoping for. This is a much more bank-account friendly option and it looks so luxurious with your jacket. Would also make a great Christmas present, I think. Annabel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fished out my two year old French Connection faux fur gilet yesterday - I've never worn it, looked better on my sz 16 5ft 2 frame than I remembered but look like a yeti in my faux fur coat which used to look lovely but I'm just too fat now!

      Delete
    2. Ladies we are too hard on ourselves .... but the fluffy round ball made me smile as I have been trying a few on and I looked like a fluffy round ball too. The scarf a better option for the larger boobs. My mum used to rock her fur coat and she is a size 16 .... that was the 70s however. X

      Delete
  6. Fab scarf, I have a black fur snood which will achieve a similar effect, but hadn't thought of wearing it with jeans and a jacket as you have done - great styling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it just gave the plain black blazer a more luxurious look. X

      Delete
  7. Fabulous scarf, I love this! What a great way to add a little faux fur to an outfit. Perfectly styled as always too. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wore a faux fur stole on Saturday - OMG I was boiling! They are brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! Love everything you wear,very much in same style as Clara,from working girl,another of my faves.Totally copied and bought the next scarf,went for the navy though,looks amazing with a navy blazer.Love your blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clara is one of my major style crushes, adore her style, would love her budget and I would copy everything! Thank you for your lovely comments, the navy one looks more expensive than its £20 and i can imagine it looks fab with a navy blazer. Xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest