Wednesday, 19 November 2014

FM40 Style - Liberty of London


Are you a fan of Channel 4's "Liberty of London" a fly-on-the-wall style documentary on the famous department store. I am, I love it! I like meeting some of the fantastic staff, heads of department and characters who work behind-the-scenes at Liberty and I am in love with their MD Ed Burstell
 
Ed Burstell, is part of the team responsible for turning the historic store’s fortunes around. Originally from New York, Ed started his career as a cosmetic buyer for Bloomingdale’s. This was followed as General Manager for Henri Bendel where he oversaw marketing and PR, store planning, human resources and finance. Before joining Liberty, Burstell was Senior Vice President for all non-apparel at Bergdorf Goodman. 
 
Ed took on the Managing Director role at Liberty in 2008 and has since played a huge part in revitalising our flagship store by executing a new layout and new assortments of products. Since his arrival, Ed has helped attract a large number of international designers to the store, as well as opening Liberty’s first full service hair salon, a foot spa, beauty treatment rooms, a men’s shaving bar, doubled the size of Liberty’s Beauty Hall and introduced departments such as stationery, precious jewellery, vintage clothing, Eastern objets & antiquities and arts & crafts furniture.
Using Liberty’s iconic prints, Ed and his team have helped secure collaborations with brands such as Levi’s, Target, Hermès, Dr Martens, Babour, Nike and Manolo Blahnik, placing Liberty back on the map as a global shopping destination. Source Liberty.co.uk
 
Their floral displays outside the famous store must be one of the most instagrammed images I see. I have also seen their Marlborough Liberty print tote recently being adorned on a few very stylish bloggers arms. 


 
Here are a few things I would like in my Christmas Stocking from Liberty and some great gift ideas,

 
Oh how I would love one of these!!!
 
 
 
or you can go full on print, if you like?
 
 
 
This would be perfect for my 13 year old niece.
 




Looking forward tonight's episode.

Annmarie
xx




12 comments:

  1. Not yet watched - but will do so! It's a beautiful store with beautiful things. Annemarie just some advice - need a grey cashmere sweater, fed up with all the styles and fits I have been trying on and am tempted by Uniqlo after reading how they are great quality - would you still recommend after having bought your grey one? Have just ordered the Boden off duty in oatmeal after their customer services assured me it's on the off white side of oatmeal and not the beige side (fingers crossed!) And a pair of the aubergine t bar flats after seeing the Rockstud ones on Laura Fantacci which sadly I cannot afford!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love the aubergine t bar flats, they have been in and out of my basket. I would really recommend the Uniqlo's cashmere Carol, washed it again today in Woolite and it has again washed great, I think its the best quality cashmere on the high street, great value. x

      Delete
    2. Great, thank you! It really helps to have advice! I have just ordered it, as well as two merino turtle necks in charcoal and black. I have the merino V neck as per Michelle's recommendation and they have proved to be great staples to have in my wardrobe - for such a good price! Order those aubergine flats...you can always return them if need be! Especially now that there's a discount...

      Delete
    3. Brilliant I hope you are not disappointed. I don't need to much encouragement Carol and after checking Laura's outfit today, which I love, the aubergine flats have just been ordered!!! Thanks x

      Delete
  2. Love the show and love your Christmas picks Annmarie! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want that advent calendar Michelle. x

      Delete
  3. Totally enjoying the show - just finished watching tonight's episode - it's fascinating.

    And the tote - lovely. Dear Santa .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is another job I would love playing with scaves and making pretty displays!! Oh yes the tote..... Dear Santa I have been a very good girl!! I would love one. X

      Delete
  4. It's a great watch...and a fantastic bit of British retail heritage....In fact I think it's my most favourite store in the world! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may be awful to admit but I have never been, harrods F&Mason, Selfridges and Harvey Nics have all been visited on my past London trips but never Liberty. I will hopefully address that in the New Year!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest