Wednesday, 26 November 2014

FM40 Style - Over the Knee Boots

Jumper,  Boden / Jeans, Topshop / Boots, Stuart Weitzman 50-50
 
Over the knee boots have been around for a few seasons and they were popular again on this seasons catwalks. My Stuart Weitzman boots are over 3 years old, I felt slightly guilty purchasing them at £395, but cost per wear they have been worth every penny.  They are seen on many bloggers and Miss OP is a serious fan of them.
 
 
I like the flat variety of over the knee boots as they lend themselves to daytime appropriate looks with denim, cosy knits and also the sweater dress. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative to the Stuart Weitzman ones, here are my favourite 3.


 
 
 
However, as I mentioned earlier buying mine was the best £395 I have ever possibly spent, so the real deal is available here. 

 
I also really like the new style 'lowland'
 
 
I have been Christmas shopping today and I wore one of my new purchases which received a few compliments, I will hopefully reveal details on Friday.  
 
Annmarie
xx
 

15 comments:

  1. They look fab - I don't have any (yet!) but I will wait for the January sales as I have a long list of xmas presents to spend my money on - plus a couple of things I want to buy before Xmas for myself (faux fur coat being one, never thought I'd go there but I think I am, and a berry coloured jumper to wear on xmas day as we are spending it quietly at home so no need for a dress!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am spending it at home also and a nice jumper I hope to be wearing too, no party dress this year for me. x

      Delete
  2. Love how you've styled your boots Annemarie & those Dune ones look fab for the money. Can't wait to see your new purchase.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the Dune Trish ones are a great cheaper alternative. x

      Delete
  3. I've never tried them on for fear of wanting them. Must get into the habit of wearing knee high ones again. Love yours Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I did..... just tried them on and then 10 mins later I am walking out with a big maroon R&B bag and £395 lighter!! x

      Delete
  4. They suit you very well - I always thought I couldn't go there as I was too short but I've seen yourself and Marlene in them now and they look good.

    Now do tell about the new purchase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Details of the new purchase is up on the blog now Sue!!! x

      Delete
  5. They look amazing on you and I love them dressed down with a roll neck.OP looks amazing in hers too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I love them dressed down with a oversized jumper. x

      Delete
  6. Hi - Zara have a good neutral pair very similar to the luxe ones...I think they're £99. However with boots it can often be a 'you-get-what-you-pay-for' moment and it's worth spending the money! They do look good with oversized knits and I agree - never with a heel - flat is the way to go. Btw - you recommended some leather leggings from Next recently; I managed to track some down and they are fab. Thanks you!! L x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, quality sometimes costs but is totally worth it. The Next leather leggings are amazing aren't they, glad you like them! xx

      Delete
  7. I'm too short for these I fear, but you look great in yours. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi does the Boden jumper wash well? some of the comments on their website say it doesn't....thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hand washed it in Woolite to be on the safe side and dryed it flat to avoid stretching. It has washed really nice taking care with it this way. I hope that helps.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest