Monday, 15 December 2014

FM40 Occasions- A Busy Time of Year ......


Jacket, Jigsaw (old)/ Fur Scarf, Next/ Jeans, MIH / Shoes, Boden/ Bag, Mulberry

I certainly was able to breathe today, following a very busy week and weekend, it was really nice we didn't have to do School run this morning! Last week was jammed packed with school events, ending up with N's end of term Christmas Carol concert on Friday (my outfit is above that you may have seen already on Instagram if you follow me) the service was absolutely beautiful and then we had the event of the year.....N's birthday weekend! I learnt my lesson from last year and tried to offload some birthday party prep, I didn't make 30 homemade cupcakes this year...... No, my dinosaur mad child wanted an all singing and all dancing dinosaur cake, now my baking talents don't really stretch to that, so, I got a local professional cake maker to make one to his requirements. 



We had his party at a local soft play centre and he loved it! Along with his cousins and class friends, they ran around like crazy and the girls all enjoyed getting their faces painted, including little sister.




I spent so much time and effort last year putting the party bags together that this year, I again took the cheats way out and ordered some pre-made ones, dinosaur theme related (just for the boys....for the girls, I got something far more girly ) online from the wonderful website thecarouselshow, that I found from the website and blog babyccinokidsThecarouselshow have a wonderful selection of party supplies, themed party kits and fancy dress.



For the boys

For the girls both available from thecarouselshow

Saturday was his actual birthday and we took him to see 'Paddington' and then out for tea, now I may have a shopping confession to make, yes, I have gone and purchased another new coat! Which I wore on Saturday to the pictures and for N's birthday tea, all will be revealed on the blog tomorrow. 


As ever thank you for reading.

Annmarie
xx

P.S I just ordered a few things from Mini Boden  in their winter sale, which as just started here including knickers for L as that is our next task ..... potty training. I may just now have a perusal at their sale offering for us, I quite fancy that relaxed cashmere v-neck jumper.

11 comments:

  1. Love your outfit Annemarie & it sounds as if your little boy had a fantastic birthday weekend, what a great idea to pre-order the party bags - just genius!
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were a godsend especially at this busy time of year! X

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh this takes me back. My Ben (eldest) had a dinosaur cake too made by a very talented lady and seeing N's cake was like deja vu - they were so similar (we have great taste - chuckle chuckle). And I'm behind you all the way about making it easy for yourself - those soft play centres are a godsend when it comes to party time.

    Now what have you been splurging on????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the soft play centres are great, the mums had a coffee and a chat. The dads who were on party duty, the Sunday papers & a fry up! The cake was amazing, yes same great taste chuckle chuckle:)

      Delete
  3. Your kids are adorable Annmarie! You look stunning in the birthday outfit and I look forward to seeing your new purchase! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab cake! I hope N had a lovely birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did, I hope you had a lovely birthday too and got spoilt rotten!! X

      Delete
  5. You look stunning in that outfit, Annmarie. Happy birthday to your little one. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynne, that next faux fur scarf I got just glams things up! Xx

      Delete
  6. Definitely worth a plug in my opinion are these guys: claesens.com

    Toughest thing in my opinion to find for my 9yr old daughter is good quality underwear that bridges the gap between playfulness and functionality (most brands go to pieces after a few weeks)

    Thanks for the good post and check those guys out - especially given the euro at the moment

    M x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest