Tuesday, 16 December 2014

FM40 Style - Another Camel Coat

Coat, Jaeger here/ Jumper, Boden/ Pleather leggings, Next/ Shoes, Boden/ Bag, Mulberry

The lovely House of Fraser gifted me a camel coat at the beginning of the season, here. Although it is a lovely coat I have found I haven't worn it a lot, if I worked in the corporate world it would be perfect over a smart suit or dress and heels. I did wear it over my Alice by Temperley dress to my Hubby's golf annual dinner dance, where it gained many compliments, but I really wanted a camel coat that I could wear daily with jeans and flats. 

I have featured this Jaeger coat before on the blog, I don't know what made me look at Jaeger outlet last week (I think I was researching for the blog ...... dangerous game this blogging) and there it was, heavily reduced with a further 25% off!!!!! Beyond excited, yes click and collect to my local Jaeger store. They have some great camel coats available in their outlet store here and on the main site some of their camel coats have been reduced here.
 
This outfit was perfect to take me from the pictures to one of our favourite eateries for N's birthday tea on Saturday. I am really delighted with my new coat as it is very reminiscent of a classic Maxmara and also of the Joseph Lisa coat that I have lusted after for years. I can wear it belted up like above or without the belt, which looks nice with the detail of the waterfall front.
 
Now, with birthday celebrations over with, most of the presents wrapped, my thoughts are all "what I am going to wear Christmas day." I have two options as J Crew are shipping a replacement navy tippi to me as we speak ..... lets hope this one makes it across the Atlantic this time!
 
So, please join me next for my Christmas Day outfit choices .....
 
See you then ,
 
Annmarie
xx

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous coat! Can I ask what size you ordered? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you I ordered the Medium, I could of maybe got away with a Small at a push but that wasn't available online. x

      Delete
  2. Awww lovely thank you. Did you get 25% off the £149 price? Looks fab on you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No unfortunately not, it has been reduced further having just looked. I got it for £199 with a further 25%. Great coat for £149!!

      Delete
  3. That's a beautiful coat AnnMarie. I've not been lucky with the fit of the Jaegar ones as I have a Jaegar outlet on my doorstep and I always pop in to check out the coats but so far, there hasn't been one that is right for me. Maybe I should be relieved or at least my credit card can be.

    And what a chic look - you have this off pat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue, it is funny that certain shops fits don't suit you. Their fitted and formal coats are oversized for me too, but I think I touched lucky with this one.

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for the tip off! Medium ordered! Have been looking for a similar coat but all a bit long for me (being 5' 2!). Keeping my fingers crossed for this one. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah fingers crossed, I am only 5.3 and its ok for me, so you be alright. X

      Delete
  5. Stunning outfit again Annmarie, the coat is absolutely gorgeous and what a great bargain! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle, it is very pleasing when I am item you wanted is reduced to an affordable level. Xx

      Delete
  6. Do you know what, I feel the same. Now I never had mine taken up at all and after seeing Laura in a shorter one last week (which is just like this one you are wearing) I really thought about getting mine taken up but you are right it does lack that relaxed feel. Sadly the one you are wearing only goes up to an L, I wonder what the sizing is like. I want a red jumper to wear underneath but nothing is grabbing me x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sizing is generous I would say Sharron, I could of got away with a Small but it was sold out. With the house of Fraser one, I was thinking about shortening to the knee but I will just keep it to wear formally over dresses when I go to formal Occassions (which is sadly few and far between)

      Delete
  7. Love it - it really suits you - but darn it I can't stop thinking about those shoes and I would never have considered them without seeing them on you - they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanna, the shoes are my cheaper alternative to the rockstud flats. I am loving them, feel like I am wearing heels but I am not. Xx

      Delete
  8. Oh no....that coat is GORGEOUS and has been on my radar....but it's sold out online in a medium!!!! Jaeger Large is too big for me. And I am about to return a couple of items - so I would have had spare cash to purchase!!! Camel coats are my best but I have an old Zara one that is nearly past its sell date. I check that outlet site regularly - wish I'd done so recently! Been too caught up in Xmas shopping! And how fab do they look with the shoes...btw Annmarie, bought those glitter pointed flats from Office which WIT featured recently - think you'd like them - perfect for hosting an at-home xmas party (I cannot do heels if I am cooking/entertaining). Now I cannot stop thinking about that coat! LUCKY YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just ordered one in medium! Tracked it down to a Norwich store (I'm in Farnham, Surrey). They are delivering it to me - still worth it at the price!

      Delete
    2. Carol I was just about to reply to your comment and say try the individual outlet stores they may do a mail order, brilliant! I hope you like it. I saw some great glitter flats in Matalan of all places, gold with a black ribbon bow very similar to some R&b ones that were £295, regretting not getting them last week- I have the same dilemma, I can't stand and cook in 4inch heels. Good news about the coat. X

      Delete
  9. Love camel coats. And camel in general. Though prefer to call it caramel :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this coat on you - much more than the previous camel coat you featured actually. It looks fab. I just found one in Laura Ashley which I love. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have bought this very same coat twice. Once at full price fron John Lewis. It went down in price and they wouldn't price match it so I returned it. Then I saw it reduced further in a larger size at House of Fraser but sadly it's too big and had to go back. I would still love to own it bit I definitely need a small and as far as I can tell that colour combo and size has sold out.
    Very jealous it's looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest