Friday, 19 December 2014

FM40 Style - Christmas Day - What should I Wear??

Option 1

My first option includes my new J Crew Tippi in Midnight  that has finally arrived with the navy and black J Crew lace mini skirt that I got last year (seen here) and my LK Bennett heels. This is quite a ladylike outfit.

Option 2,


This outfit option features my Zara grey jeans and my stash away purchase ...... In my last post, I left you with a little clue, did you think I had finally purchased a piece of Isabel Marant, since I am relentless in expressing my love of Marant on this blog. No, my something French was from the other French label I like, Ba&sh. I was originally eying up another Ba&sh top (seen here) that I had seen on theworkinggirl blog ( huge sadness here as Clara has very recently stopped blogging.) However, in my heart of hearts I knew it wouldn't suit my shape..... baby doll shape and large busts are not a very flattering combination. In a comment on my blog, a lovely reader expressed her love of the same top but informed me that she had actually tried it on and being a similar shape to me confirmed my fears, but she pointed me in the direction of another BA&SH top, the naomie ,which the workinggirl also had. I looked at this top online and thought, yes, this is the basic black dress up top my wardrobe is missing.......thank you Annabel!

I have one problem with both outfits, the 4 inch heels, cooking and standing in the kitchen in 4 inch heels, oh well it is only Christmas one day of the year! 

Which outfit is your favourite? 

Annmarie
xx


14 comments:

  1. It's the second option for me. Far more comfortable especially if you are at home cooking, and switch to flats or slippers later. I would worry about getting cooking stains on the lace skirt. I have plumped for black skinnies or harems with a black viscose/cotton/wool mix lightweight Xmas sweater from TK Maxx - reasonably subtle as far as Xmas jumpers go with a holly and kiss me logo on it! Not yet arrived as I ordered online - in a size larger than my usual medium as I want a slouchier fit. Fingers crossed! Happy Xmas and have a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great festive outfit, you had it your mind you wanted a festive jumper - xx

      Delete
  2. I love the first one, cook in flats and slip heels on before guests arrive. Merry Christmas, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think number one is my favourite at the moment. I like to wear a skirt or dress Christmas Day. Thank you, glad you enjoy the blog it nice to hear - merry Christmas to you also! Xx

      Delete
  3. I love both looks Annemarie but I'm thinking the first one for Christmas Day & second maybe for New Year's Eve?! Whichever you choose you're going to look stunning.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outfit 2 is easily the winner! What size of Naomie did you order and how do you find the fit? I have to have that top. You are costing me a fortune but thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So looking forward to wearing it, I ordered the size 2. Fabulous top, sits beautifully . Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the sizing feedback. Have you tried the Uniqlo merino jumpers btw? Are much better than the Tippis in my experience and a fraction of the price!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the first outfit,your skirt is fab!
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you mentioned a little French something residing in your wardrobe, I had a funny sort of feeling it might be from BA&SH! Thank you so much for your mention - I was absolutely thrilled to see my name in print as I sat catching up on blogs on the back seat of the no. 52 bus! And I am wel jel of the Naomie top because it is absolutely gorgeous - such lovely quality and a flattering cut. I love the way you've styled it with the Zara jeans and stilettos - the whole outfit has a very chic Parisienne vibe. Having said that...I would probably go with Jane's suggestion above as I do love something a bit dressy on Christmas Day. What with kids and work, etc, I always feel I have to grab any opportunity to dress up a bit. But make sure you put on a massive pinny first, as turkey fat on the brand new Tippi would not be a good look! Annabelxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annabel for pointing me in the right direction! I am going to go with option 1 I think I do like to wear a skirt or dress Christmas Day and wear the Ba&sh top Boxing Day at my sister in laws or News Years Eve. I have a large apron to protect the new tippi!! Merry Christmas xx

      Delete
  9. Outfit number one for me. A bit dressier and I love the blue. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely your pretty J Crew outfit - I love that skirt. Perfect for Christmas, sneak your slippers on when nobody is looking! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest