Wednesday, 10 December 2014

FM40 Style - An Oufit For A Christmas Lunch

Jumper, J Crew/ Skirt, J Crew/ Shoes, LK Bennett/ Bag, Chanel

My mum and I attended a Christmas ladies luncheon on Tuesday and I had a major dilemma of what to wear. If you read my last post you will know I purchased a navy tippi sweater from J.Crew and unfortunately it got lost in transit. So, keeping with my original plan of wearing my J Crew navy and black lace skirt, I just wore my grey tippi sweater instead. I accessorised the outfit with my new LK Bennett shoes, Chanel bag and sparkly statement earrings. 

The tippi sweaters are great for going with statement skirts, as they are basically like a sweater t-shirt. I like the bracelet length sleeve and the thinnest of the knit, but it still feels luxurious like cashmere. 

The tippi comes in a range of beautiful colours, I think it is wise to buy foundation colours first such as navy and grey before you purchase the fabulous bright ones. I have a hot pink one and after I finally receive my navy one, I would like a red tippi. J. Crew tippi sweaters are available here and good old Boden do something similar here with 40% off!

Is anybody else a fan of the famous tippi sweater or have you tried Boden's version?
 
 
Annmarie
xx

17 comments:

  1. That outfit looks stunning on you I love the sweater with the lace skirt. I think a Tippi sweater is on my Christmas list, how do you find they come up, what size do you have as I think I would need the same? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am normally a 12 across the bust and I get a M, this grey one was slightly smaller than my pink one which was also a M. They are great sweaters, ideal for dressing up, I hope you get one in your stocking!! xx

      Delete
  2. What a GREAT outfit. So simple and yet SO stylish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona, it worked out quite well in the end. x

      Delete
  3. Love your skirt Annemarie, & the grey jumper goes beautifully - just stunning. Hope you had a lovely time.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so chic for your Christmas lunch Annmarie, hope you had a super lunch! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have either but like you I have my eye on a red jumper and I'd quite like a green one too. Lovely outfit and perfect for the occasion x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharron, I was tempted to throw on jeans with a top & heels but my mum was horrified dress or a skirt she requested!! Oh well she was right in the end. X

      Delete
  6. You look lovely and that Tippi is working really well for you. I have just received two Tippi's in ivory (small and medium) and I'm not getting on with them actually. I find them a little thin which is probably what you like about them and I can't work out if the length works on me. On the plus side - I love the bracelet sleeves which are always a bonus as I don't have to turn the cuffs up. Hope your navy Tippi works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not for you Sue?? The sleeves I like for us petit girls. I am sure you will make the right decision on sale or return, you always do!! X

      Delete
    2. The ivory is quite see through. Think you'd like the darker colours better.

      Delete
    3. Totally agree re the sheerness of the Ivory Tippis. Sue, have you tried the Gap knits? No ivory, though. Another option is the UNIQLO Extra Fine Merino knit, which Eve WornOut likes best of all. Funny how we all have different preferences re knits.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous skirt, hope you had a fab time. I'll have to wait for the sales to order any Tippis...been spending my budget on other things! Have you seen the glitter flat pointed pumps from Office that feature on WIT??? Guess what I went and bought while out in Guildford High Street today.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a couple of the Tippis but I actually prefer the Gap merino knits of this season. I had to size up to M, but they fit short bodied me better than the Tippis. If you get cold, then the Heattech tops work well under the Tippi and Gap knits, too. It's a bit too chilly for me, right now, other wise. Brrrr. Gorgeous lace skirt, BTW and I adore LKB shoes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest