Thursday, 8 January 2015

FM40 Style - London Part Two


Coat, Jaeger / Boots, Russell & Bromley / Bag, Chanel / Hat, Poppylondon
 
Here I am in Sloane Square having a little rest on our jammed packed weekend ...... Up and down the underground showing the children the sights, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Winter Wonderland and then kids heaven in Harrod's "toy kingdom" the weekend was exhausting, but brilliant.  

One sight I wanted to see was Libertys, I am slightly embarrassed to say I had never visited this wonderful store before, my previous London shopping trips, I had only visited the other department stores of Harrods, Selfridges and Harvey Nichols, but never Libertys.



The famous flowers outside Libertys,


The huge Liberty print sail masks in the central atrium which looked absolutely stunning. 
 

 
I headed straight to Womenswear, my 3 non-shopping loving companions got themselves a comfy settee in the shoe department and sat with some other unhappy and fed up looking shoppers. Isabel Marant's new collection caught my eye, including this jacket, this is going on my S/S 2015 wish list.
 
 
At the moment, I wish I could afford this beauty, at £280 I got raised eyebrows ...... another for the wish list. However, I think this will sell out before I can save the £280, it is utterly gorgeous!

 
Then I walked back though to the shoe department, Valentino Rockstuds .......
 

and then I saw the most beautiful table display of Manolo Blahnik hangisi pumps ..... Hello Lover as Carrie might say.
 

After seeing my London sights I was happy to proceed on with the itinerary ...... Lunch at one of the seafood bars at Harrods, which was wonderful.

This week it is all back to normality, school run, housework and work for me today after having some time off over Christmas and the New Year, that early morning call at 4am this morning hurt!!

Thank you for reading.
 
Annmarie
xx

7 comments:

  1. SO envious of your trip! I can't wait to get there in Feb!! Marlene reviewed the jacket it looks amazing on her. There's something really special about London - I love visiting xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I read Marlene's post, she has such great taste!! Xx

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had an amazing weekend Annmarie & I love all the items you've photographed at Libertys - those hot pink Manolo Blahnik are calling to me!!
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics! Btw I have your beanie and love it. Unfortunately the coat wasn't as successful - I sent it back - beautiful fabric and I love the wrap style but it was cut very wide on the sides under the arms. So when I belted it, it didn't lie flat and close to the body but bunched. Also didn't like the fact there were no belt loops! So disappointed because it looks stunning on you! The hunt for the perfect (and perfectly reasonably priced!) camel,coat goes on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased you liked your bobble hat, I must admit that lack of belt loops is a big negative for me also!!!! You may of been better with a smaller size?? But it's best to return if unhappy, Somerset by alice Temperley has a lovely camel coat in the sale, only size 18 left in my local John Lewis, I lovely classic crombie style.

      Delete
  4. I love Libertys, always head for there and my children alway accepted it as they knew the next stop was Hamleys, 7 floors of toy heaven. I was born in London, and miss it so much especially Christmas time as i always think it looks magical that time of year. Looks like you had a lovely weekend. Leaving Cumbria this summer and moving back down south and the biggest plus for me is more trips to the big smoke. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we went into Hamleys but it was mad!!! Lots of children with christmas money. We did two floors and talked them into Harrods toy Kingdom - in other words mummy & daddy were hungry and needed a drink.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest