Tuesday, 6 January 2015

FM40 Travel - New Year in London

Happy New Year everybody! We had a very exciting start to 2015, with a weekend break to London. Now this trip was worth having no present under the tree from Hubby (we decided not buy each other a gift and put the funds towards this trip) and show the children the sights. I hadn't visited London since June 2008 which was for my Hen do, so I was very excited.

We stayed at The Landmark Hotel which was fabulous and their beautiful Christmas tree greeted us on arrival in the winter gardens. 



This hotel is not directly central, but it is very handy for underground access with Marylebone station at the back of the hotel, plus it has great family rooms, which was the important issue for us. I of course wanted to squeeze in a little clothes shopping, but I had to be wise with my time (as we had a full itinerary planned for the children) luckily I wasn't far from Marylebone high street for a quick look Friday afternoon before we could check-in at 3pm. I had been savvy and checked their sale offerings on the train and spotted two tops by Etoile Isabel Marant. Sadly neither tops where in store, very kindly the sales assistance said she could have the items sent to my hotel that evening. So this little van worked overtime for me.



We went for an early dinner that evening to The Wolseley, here is a picture of my outfit a quick selfie in the lift and then my mini-me wanted to get on the picture. 


Top, Ba&sh / Jeans, Zara/ Bag, Chanel/ Shoes, LK Bennett/ Coat, Jaeger
 


This is a great atmospheric place and great for my prawn loving kids, I carried on the Christmas indulgence and had the Wolseley burger and hubby had the steak tartare. 

When we got back I had the very pretty green marble Matches box waiting for me. Shall we see what was inside ........



The first top wasn't in the sale, but was new stock, the Duffy cotton crochet top.
 







Verdict ..... Far too big, this is the 40 (UK 12) I  could have definitely sized down to a 38. I wasn't to o sure about the open sides that tied at the waist with self-fastening ties (you would have wear this top with a vest underneath) hubby's honest opinion was I looked pregnant. Returned!

The second top was in their sale and one which I had my eye on all season, seen here on Tash Sefton from the blog theyallhateus and Clara.

 
 

 
Verdict ... I am glad I am sized down with this one (38) and this was far more me and I know I will enjoy wearing it dressed up or down. Keep!!! Yeah, finally after 3 years of lusting I am now the proud owner of a piece of Isabel Marant!

Here's to a great 2015 and once again thank you for your support during 2014, it means a lot!

Part two of my London trip with more shopping delights will be hopefully be on the blog before the end of the week.

Annmarie
xx




24 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Annemarie. It looks & sounds as if you've had a fabulous start to the New Year, I just love your new top.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great top, sounds like a perfect New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds a great trip, and a brilliant way to start the New Year too! Love the IM top, now roll on summer! Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a brilliant start to 2015. Yes roll on the summer and I can get to wear it. Xx

      Delete
  4. Well I think that's a great way to bring in the new year! And do pleased that you finally bagged yourself a piece of Ms Marant. I think the Matches service was there was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, Matches customer service was fabulous!! X

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, that top is BEAUTIFUL. And how lucky that the sale one is the nicer one! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Bonus, however I later saw a utterly gorgeous one in Liberty's, but above my budget. X

      Delete
  6. Absolutely amazing top, no wonder you kept it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tops, I like the first one but wouldn't like the sides either, such a shame x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the first one is more suitable for at the beach on holiday over a biniki top or swimsuit. X

      Delete
  8. You made the right choice with the Ethan top it is lovely on you. We visited London back in Mid December. I was like a kid in a candy store and we too had a jam packed itinerary. We went to the Wolseley for Breakfast, so much cheaper than the hotel!! Happy New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Itinerary was jammed packed also. The Wolseley was fab, the breakfast menu sounded declious!! X

      Delete
  9. Lucky you!!! I can't wait for my London trip in Feb and without the kids! We used to drink at the Landmark a lot as it was near my Husbands work - we once sat on a table next to Oasis eating fish and chips there:) Very 90s!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Anne Marie, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!
    Happy New Year, xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful top, well done you! We are in Surrey so I go up to London every now and then for the day...was up yesterday but saw nothing in the sales I liked! Happy New Year, and here's to a great 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Ethan top on you, do you think the 38 is roomy around the hips? I'm a 34 bust but pears shaped so concerned it might not fit over my hips? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. It will definitely fits your boobs, it is quite roomy but not massive the 38 ... Sorry I haven't been much help there. I will try and measure it for you tomorrow night. X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. layed flat It is 22 inches across the hem and it is 23 inches long. Xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest