Friday, 20 February 2015

FM40 Style - Half Term Mummy Essentials

I'm 
Coat, Moncler/ Breton, Petit Bateau/ Jeans, Topshop / Scarf, LV / Wellies, Hunter

How has your half term gone? We have enjoyed a perfect mixture of a few lazy days and a few enjoyable days out, which called for some practicality. Although I do love running around in statement flats, days out with the children calls for a practical mama uniform, my basics of jeans and breton with a warm waterproof coat and sensible footwear. 

The Coat - My Moncler has been a godsend on the school run, the colour goes with most things, it is warm and waterproof a necessity when I am dropping and collecting N (he is normally always last out!) there is one minus, it doesn't fully cover my bum. When I become a rugby mummy I will definitely invest in a warm coat that fully covers my bum and I would love a Woolrich which the lovely Eve has or a Canada Goose parka. 

The Footwear - On wet days like Thursday my faithfully Hunters wellies came out, worn with warm ski socks they do the trick. Trainers are now again considered fashionable and acceptable for daywear, we had the New Balance mania of last year (I still like mine) and now it seems to be Stan Smith Adidas's turn. Will you see me in white trainers ...... erm ...... no. I don't know if it is my childhood recollection of always wearing white buckskin shoes that has made me not crave for these or the thought I would look plain silly in them. The trainers that appeal to me more are the leopard pony skin Isabel Marant trainers. I have a weakness for leopard footwear and as funny as it may sound I would feel more comfortable in these (as I am used to wearing leopard on my feet) than all white trainers, I also like these IM ones. The second pair I like are the Nike Roshe, a few girls at yoga wear these and they are so versatile as they look fab with day wear too. Finally, you can't beat classic converse, my favourite colour being Navy. 

Just a few things I would love for my mama uniform. 

 


What do you tend to wear on your practical mummy days?

Thank you for reading and for your comments. Have a wonderful weekend. 

Annmarie
Xx

12 comments:

  1. Loving the Isabel Marant trainers Annmarie those are right up my street!
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all your picks here but no.1 my fave - I love those Isabel Marant trainers - so much less ubiquitous than the white ones. Better start saving! Can you believe I have just lent my navy Woolrich parka to my 14-yr-old daughter, who is skiing in the US this week. It was minus 22 degs there the day before she went and forecast to be wet and warm here this week...how could I not lend it to her?! I have to confess I had a few pangs handing it over and have already emailed once asking if the parka is safe and sound and enjoying its holiday! Axx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I better start saving, I love them! You have a wool rich too ..... Jealous, I bet you are happy your daughter is warm, but on the other hand slightly nervous about your coat, I am sure it will be fine. When we went to Edinburgh last October I looked at them in Harvey Nics and I though to myself, yes, that is my next practical winter coat. X

      Delete
  3. My practical mummy outfits are made up of pretty much the same style of things as you Annmarie! You can't go wrong with trainers, skinnies and a parka! I love the IM trainers....they are divine, definitely something I would invest in if my budget would allow xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love them Michelle, just looked on ebay and vestiaire to see if there is any unwanted hardly worn ones, wishful thinking. Xx

      Delete
  4. I too have struggled with the trainer trend! I prefer skaters - I have a black leather pair from Mode In Pelle which I love as they are not overly chunky and as flattering on the foot as such shoes can be! My style doesn't lend itself to chunky shoes - I am much more a loafers/brogues/pointed flats girl. Having said that, I love a pair of Converse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never gone for the skater shoe, although I have been tempted with the leopard ones, surprise, surprises. Xx

      Delete
  5. Love your outfit. I too am not sure about the all white trainer, as much as it looks great on others I have such slender ankles my feet would look like boats! Am going to invest in my first pair of converse this spring. Like the look of the dainty low ones. If you don't mind me asking what style and colour is your moncler? It looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is the Lavaud in olive green, it has a belt that you can not see that is a great addition. X

      Delete
  6. I love your coat! Serious coat envy. Oh and the scarf, you've just reminded me how much I really want one.....oh dear! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A perfect half term uniform, Annmarie. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest