Monday, 23 February 2015

FM40 Style - Hands Free Mama Bags

Coat, Massimo Dutti (old) / Sweatshirt, J.Crew / Jeans, Topshop / Trainers, New Balance / Bag,
Russell & Bromley / Hat, Poppylondon

This was my outfit on Friday for an afternoon trip to the park. I find hands free bags so handy these days, especially with L being nearly potty trained (I say nearly........ However, after a week of training, it is a slow process with Miss Stubborn) soon I will hopefully no longer have to bring a nappy wallet out with me and I can see myself opting to use my Russell&bromley belle bag more. 

I love my belle bag, my affordable alternative to the Celine trio bag. The 3 separate compartments surprisingly can fit quite a lot in, while keeping things organized and thus easier to find that lip balm I am often searching for in my larger bags. 

Here are a few cross-body bags that I like, covering all budgets. 


The ultimate hands free bag in my eyes, plain, simple and chic. Maybe out of reach for many of us, but good second hand ones can be found here.

I have my eye on this bag in black, the gorgeous Frances has this bag. For an extra £22 you can have your bag bespoken with your initials, something which I would definitely do. .... this is just been added to my wish list!

A fabulous high street option.

I have always had a soft spot for Balenciaga bags, when I go into the bag department in Selfridges I always find myself trying a Balenciaga and admiring it in the mirror. It is an IT bag that has lasted the test of time, it was one of the hottest IT bags of the 90s and 2000s. And, even up to now, is one of the most coveted bags (a models favourite) making it a true classic. I love the rock 'n' roll edge it has, plus its cosmetic mirror.  

These I really like and they come in a divine range of colours.


I adore the colour of this particular Chloe.

An affordable homage of the above Chloe, both of these bags fit into the very fashionable 70s vibe.

Do you have a hand free bag in your bag collection?

Annmarie
xx











16 comments:

  1. I love cross body bags Annmarie, but only if I'm not carrying too much as otherwise I can find them uncomfortable & off balancing if that makes sense?!! Love you selection of beauties with number 7 being my favourite!
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is because you only look tiny! 7 is divine isn't it? X

      Delete
  2. Nice to see the NB's back out to play - you wear them so stylishly. Oh gosh - nearly all my bags are hands free. I swear by having an extra strap which you can attach to a bag. This is more the case with bags in Hong Kong which all seem to come with an extra strap so you can alter how you wear it - I wish they had this option for all bags over here. And it's nice to back in the land of wi-fi so I can get back to a little blog reading!

    Oh yes ... my favourite is the Chloe and that is a lovely colour. If I win the lottery, if I win ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, I thought the NBs needed a little afternoon out. I am seriously thinking About my bags and the ones I can throw over with a crossbody strap get picked more often these days. I have a great Gucci one and this little R&B one, I just wish my black mulberry had a long strap. Yes the colour of that chloe is divine. X ps nice to have you back to the land of wifi

      Delete
  3. I have the R&B bell in black, bought for myself as a Christmas gift last year and I love it. I deliberated between red and black for a long time! I don't think they make them anymore though which is a shame...I have the AL willow bag in red on my list. Oh that and an Ira Stone Drawstring bag from Mint velvet which I think will be a lovely bag for spring and summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...problem is my list is endless ;-)

      Delete
    2. Oh yes mine too!! I know I went looking for the belle last night and it wasn't online, surprised I thought it would be a great seller for them, unless they might of had a little call from Celine??? Xx

      Delete
    3. I remember looking at their website before Christmas after I'd ordered mine and it had gone. I was lucky as a week later and I'd have missed out. I didn't get to any stores to see if they had gone in the sale. Maybe they did get a call as they are identical!

      Delete
  4. I have quite a few cross body's... Anya hindmarch maxi zip cross body being a favourite! It's quite a versatile bag as strap can come off to be just a handbag or completely to be used like a clutch. I think the celine trio is very nice but it is sooooo similar to Russell and bromley bag I think id spare the cash for something else! Nice selection as usual x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah the Anya maxi zip, I Once sent for that from my wardrobe and sent it back and purchased by mulberry hobo bag instead as it was lighter, but I now think with hindsight that the anya maxi may I have been better with the crossbody strap. I think R&B have stopped doing the belle, I would of loved it in black. X

      Delete
  5. Love your red bag. I have a very old Mulberry saddle bag in black - when the company was owned by the founder Roger Saul. I use it when I don't need to take my usual bag stuff with me. I am eyeing out a medium size tan saddle bag from Jigsaw - great 70s vibe but classic too, with a short handle and a long strap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Jigsaw bag is gorgeous, it nearly made this post actually only that I was looking for small cross-body bags. that will be a great bag, really nice. X

      Delete
  6. Great outfit & I love the colour of your bag! I really love the Chloe bag too :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah, the pop of red gives the outfit a total lift. The Marcie is gorgeous!! Xx

      Delete
  7. I am all about being practical and love a crossbody bag at the moment! I have bought 3 in the past couple of months, 2 Jigsaw via eBay and a man-bag from M&S. I've just got fed up toting a bag that is heavy before you've even put anything in it! I have also had my eye on the Aurora Willow bag, after seeing it on Frances, such a great Celine trio homage! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your jigsaw bag is a great ebay buy Michelle. I am fed up carrying big bags, rethinking my day bags ...... Hubby will be quaking in his boots!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest