Wednesday, 4 February 2015

FM40 Style - Jeans


Coat, Nicole Farhi / Jeans, Topshop Jamie / Boots, R&B / Scarf, M&S / Jumper, J Crew / Hat, PoppyLondon
 
My daily outfits 99% of the time consist of jeans, I have designer brands such as J Brand and MIH, but my favoured pairs are from Topshop (apart from my Zara distressed skinny pair, which I normally wear day in, day out, come summer) I wear my Topshop Jamie jeans that much I wear them out!!

I need new jeans desperately and last week I took many different styles into Topshop's changing room. I find trying jeans on stressful ....... squeezing my mummy tummy into them, do they fit, are they flattering, will they stretch too much after a wear or two? I have to say Topshop jeans are the best skinny jeans I have found for retaining their shape.
 
Apologies in advance, there are no changing room photos, I am not that brave, I am totally stressed when trying jeans on and my midriff is no pretty sight to show off!! So, my reviews are words only ..... sorry x

I have been admiring the busted knee jeans and Topshop have this trend in abundance in all their different styles. 
 

Firstly, I tried on my favourite style Jamie. I am such a major fan of these jeans, as are the editors of French Vogue.They are high waisted, so no muffin top, they keep their shape, I give them more or less top marks. My only gripe with them, is when I am wearing a shirt and I want it messily tucked in, the rise is too high. 



 
Next pair to try on were the Leigh. I would say they are the exactly the same cut as the Jamie, even though they are described as mid-rise, I found no different with the rise compared to the Jamie. The major different with the Leigh is that they are made of a thinner denim, which is very soft, perfect if you want a cooler material in the summer. My preference is still the Jamie style, I like the thicker denim as I feel more held in and less exposed, if that makes sense.



 
I do need a jean with a mid-rise aswell as my favoured high rise, so I can wear t-shirts and shirts messily tucked in. Which brings on my next review of the Baxter. I have owned a pair Baxter jeans in the past, at the time I was still carrying excess baby weight and I didn't find they fitted my shape, I had problems with the waist, always hutching them up and they had funny knee alignment on my little legs. I tried a smaller size on this time and thankfully the fit was a lot better than I remembered, could they be the mid-rise jeans I am after? Topshop say the Baxter are a more comfortable, generous skinny, the jury is still out with me ........



 
I wanted to try on their boyfriend style, Hayden, but they didn't have my size. I haven't had much success with boyfriend jeans in the past, I have always gone for a more skinny distressed jean. I am hoping my local Topshop may have these in to try on today, I will report back.
 
 

Then I spotted some great black ones here, to try and achieve this gorgeous look below


...... and then they had some great off white ones here to try and achieve the French Vogue editor's look below.
 

I was so laughing at Wit's post this week on white jeans, Liz Hurlingly white ..... the look above, I adore, my previous attempts of wearing white jeans haven't looked like above, but more Liz Hurley too - well a shorter, fatter version, maybe I will go back and try the Wit ones, here they look far more forgiving that my Paige skinny bootcuts from a few years back.

Annmarie
xx
 
Update -  After school run this morning, I visited my local outfit store and tried to find the Hayden to try on, they didn't have them in store. However, I  found these, they don't have a name, I have found them on their website as MOTO AUTHENTIC SKINNY JEANS .


Now, I am confused, do I go my normal Jamie jeans with the busted knees or these. Or do I purchase both as although they are described on Topshop's website as high-waisted, they didn't seem as high as the Jamie jeans and looked OK with my denim shirt messily tucked in. Jean dilemmas ....... don't you just love them. Look, I was feeling brave this morning and took a few changing room photos for you!!!


Photos from Pinterest and Topshop

15 comments:

  1. I love jeans, I have over 40 pairs and they are my weakness. I love the distressed ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 40 pairs!!! I have heard the saying "a girl can never have too many shoes" in your case its jeans!! xxx

      Delete
  2. I say get both Annmarie, if you've found two pairs that fit you well then grab them before they disappear!
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they are in my basket now Jane as we speak. x

      Delete
  3. I've looked at these too Annmarie as I'm a fan of Topshop jeans (the Jamie's are my favourite) style. I was put off by some of the early reviews about them losing shape and the rips getting bigger but I think I'm going to try them on and see for myself as the reviews are much more mixed about them now. I love the distressing on them....that's what originally won me over! They look a superb fit on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I am going to order them and go for a plain Jamie pair with no distressing. I read the reviews the other week to and was put off, but they are far more balanced now. x

      Delete
  4. The most recent pair you tried on are a lot more distressed than your usual smart style - will you be happy in them? They do look an excellent fit though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a pair of Zara distressed jeans that I wear constantly in the summer, albeit they are paler, so they may not look as distressed as these on the blog. I love them as the work with smarter shirts, blazers and shoes, but give the outfit a slightly cooler edge.

      Delete
  5. Sue's jeans post was awesome yesterday! I've never tried TopShop jeans and now there is one coming to Atlanta at last hooray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Sue's post was great last night as ever!! Oh I bet you can not wait for Topshop arriving, Joanna you definitely need to try their jeans, they are fab, Jamie being my favourite. x

      Delete
  6. Yes I like the jeans you are trying on here. I have a few pairs of Baxter jeans and find the fit to be flattering on my shape, sort of, but I am having a bit of a 'bloater' moment right now. :0) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish the Baxter did suit me, but I think it's something to do with my thigh length ( being not long enough! ) I have ordered this pair online this afternoon. X

      Delete
  7. I'm with you on the Jamie jeans, fit well, wear well and a great price point. Have you seen that there is now a Jamie flare.
    Sue x
    Bestfriendstyle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeans shopping is the biggest most stressful shopping ever! However, I do think if you have found a style thats suits you, stick to it! I have both Jamie's and Baxters and love them both! Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good work there. signed up to your rss feed!Normal reasons that computers get slower is because of low diskspace,low memory, and low memory. Super CBD However there are apps that can solve such dilemas. Using these programs can really help. Might you tell me know if that is the casehttp://www.healthcaresups.com/supercbd/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest