Tuesday, 17 February 2015

FM40 Style - My Wish list S/S2015



Yes, it is list time again on FM40 for this coming season and my moto is to invest in things I truly love, maybe not buying two or three items a month, but saving for that special item.  The reason being,  have you ever regretted not buying something that you truly loved and then for it to haunt you every time you see it on Instagram or Pinterest........ well I do and I totally regret not buying the Isabel Marant bloom crochet tunic dress last summer. Yes, it was expensive for a summer kaftan dress, but if I would have saved or played chicken and waited for the sales, either way it could have been mine. 

So, with lessons learnt my wish list is all about ........ investment, investment, investment.

One of my favourite bloggers with exquisite taste, Marlene sings the praises of IM tweed jackets (and you can see her review of this particular jacket here.) I feel this will work with my style perfectly, dress it down with jeans and t-shirt and it can also be easily dressed up with killer heels. 

2. Basic t-shirts & tops
I have J.Crew's grey vintage t-shirt in grey, love the 100% cotton and style, but the v-neck is slightly too deep, flattering for my big bust, but you have to watch you don't reveal too much. I am considering going for Boden's V-neck t-shirts, here and I would also like a classic Petit Bateau breton
This is one I am going to try to save for and maybe play chicken with it in the sales. It is gorgeous, my type of throw on summer dress. I do love the Cassy too, but I fear I would look pregnant in that one with its fullness and extra ruffles.

4. Shoes
I have a few pair of shoes I have my eye one, firstly, the Navy Boden Aquazzurra look a likes and I really like their gold polly pointed flats which have a Miu Miu feel about them. Then, finally I would love some tan strappy flat sandals, the likes of Ancient Greek or K Jacques St Tropez would be top of my wish list, but I will look to the high street for homages. 

5. Jeans
I am staying with the high street here, Topshop and Zara. I have already purchased my Topshop Jamie ripped jeans, which I am chuffed with (the Moto authentic ripped skinnys are being returned, the reviews aren't great and to be honest I prefer the Jamie ones) I am now tempted by the Zara jeans Michelle has recently purchased. A few weeks back, I tried them on and they were a little snug on the waist due to too many mince pies, hopefully I have addressed this and they should fit better now ...... she says fingers crossed!? The good news on the jeans front, is that I don't need to buy flares, I already have an old of J Brand Love Story jeans that will fit into this trend. I just knew this type of jean would be fashionable again, although I am not looking forward to the idea of squeezing back into them!

6. Boho Peasant Top
I love this type of top in the summer, they seem to be big this season with the 70s vibe being a top trend for spring/summer. A couple have already caught my eye, including the Isabel Marant's Trey Top and this one from Monsoon, here.

7. A Few Holiday Bits
I would like a new swimsuit, my favoured ones are the J Crew Ruched Femme One Piece or Boden's Sorrento Swimsuit and their gorgeous kaftan, here to pop over.  

Let's see if I keep to the list and also keep to my moto of investing in designers and items I truly love. I did pretty well with my last list, so here is hoping I don't get side tracked with other delights that catch my eye, I have a lot of saving to do for things and maybe holding my nerve for the sales ...... did I say sales, dear me the season has only just begun!

Wish me luck.

Annmarie
xx

19 comments:

  1. You've picked some lovely pieces Annmarie. The Isabel Marant jacket & dress are just stunning & would make such classic additions to your wardrobe.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wish list posts.
    I've tried on a few of the Etoile Isabel Marant pieces from the new season. The Glenn is gorgeous and very flattering and versatile. It's also lovely in the cream colourway. The Trey, which looks so flattering on the hanger, made me look like a busty wench hiding a tum that was 6 months gone. The Caleen dress and the Clara tops, which are similar, are very pretty indeed but they have quite large net panels at the top and I thought bra straps spoiled the effect so this might be one for a strapless bra, which I never really get on with. It might be worth ordering few bits next time Matches do a free delivery offer and trying them all one before sending them back [sorry Matches!]. Then you'll be all primed for any sale bargains knowing exactly what suits you best and in which sizes.
    I also like the J Crew V necks but find them quite low. Have you ever tried the American Vintage Jacksonville t-shirts? I find them really flattering on a generous bosom.
    Annabelx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annable, love your feedback on the IM pieces, interesting about the Trey I picked that one as it looked the least full one online, I will look pregnant in it too for sure! I didn't even think about the net and bra straps on the caleen dress, I just fell in love with it ....( I don't do strapless bras either .....so I will try that one next time I go into Manchester or watch out for free delivery & returns at matches ... Great tip!!!) I have always look at American Vintage, but I never taken the plunge to purchase, I use to wear another US make a few years back in t-shirts c&c California, they were nice, I use to get them on ebay. I have ordered the boden ones so I will see how they fit and will review them on the blog, good or bad. X

      Delete
    2. I was a bit gutted re. the Trey as I'd seen it online and expected it to be ultra flattering because of the v-neck. Definitely try the Caleen though, I expect the effect really depends on the bra you wear with it and I was looking awful and wearing a coffee coloured bra with sturdy straps. It just didn't work but then nothing I tried on that day worked so perhaps it was me rather than the clothes, if you see what I mean! If you do do a crazy Matches order, then definitely throw in an American Vintage Jacksonville tee just to try it. They are A-line in shape so very flattering on the stomach. It's actually a French make, weirdly enough, and they have a few stores in Paris – not quite sure why they chose that name. Axx

      Delete
    3. Ok, maybe try on with my prettiest bra strap. Thank you for the info on the American vintage (thought they were Amercian just because of the name) I think I will be ordering one, just having a look today after ordering the Boden ones ..... damn!! love the A line shape, what size would you recommend for me a M? X

      Delete
    4. Yes, I'd try an M to start with. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about the Boden V-necks too.

      Delete
  3. Love this post Annmarie as I am really struggling to put together a Spring/Summer wishlist which is probably my cue to start buying more classic investment pieces instead of so many trend-led items! Although I have made a couple of Spring purchases I am now going to hang tight and wait and see. Thank you for the lovely mention! The Zara jeans are lovely and I think you are right to take the TS ones back xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have made some great buys recently and your packing for your mini break was great. Yes, it is best not to jump in, as there is always lovely stuff around April May time and gives to time to think what you really need and love. The Zara jeans have been ordered, I went into my local store and they didn't have them just size 8s, the TS ones were too skinny with not much stretch, the rips would go bigger for such like the reviews. X

      Delete
  4. I love how organised and disciplined you are - it's a fab wish list and something I should do otherwise I just end up buying tat in bulk and then wonder why I've got nothing nice to wear!!! Any tips on saving - how do you approach it - a set amount a month that you set aside or do you forgoe daily luxuries like cappuccinos/magazines etc? Tips please!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find making these lists has made me a better shopper. Before I was, see, like, buy and I didn't think things through. I ended up with some nice pieces which did all marry together and some that just didn't suit me! What looks good on a size 8 friend, doesn't always suit a petite, busty size 10/12. Tips for saving ....... God I am the worse saver ever, money burns a hole in my pocket! What I have been doing is giving what I have spare to my Husband (he is far more sensible with money) and then once I have enough to purchase something I want, I ask for it back.

      Delete
  5. Annmarie, thank you for the shout out. You're a sweetheart! I caved in and bought the Aquazzura Christy flats. I wanted to get the Belgravia flats but the thicker straps around the ankle made my legs look like stumps. Their much improved Christy version is a great compromise. That Glenn and the black dress are my absolute favorites this season. I need to space my purchases apart because I've got too many things on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome!! I read your post about your recent purchase, I so do prefer the the Christy ones, they a far more elegant, R&B are to do a copy, which I spotted on their Instagram feed. The Christy is far more ballet dancer rather than irish dancer. The Glenn jacket is top of my list Marlene. xx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Just popped over to Russell & Bromley's IG feed. They look pretty similar. Apparently priced at £255. Not cheap but still more affordable than the Christy. Too bad they don't ever make my size! Bummer.

      Delete
    4. Yes not cheap, but a more affordable option. Then again, there is nothing better than the real thing with shoes & bags. Xx

      Delete
  6. A great Wishlist, Annmarie. I'm definitely guilty of buying too much, too often. I don't have the willpower yo save for special items. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great post - wanted to let you know I waited a year hoping the Clio Ancient Greek Sandals would go on sale but it never happened. Ended up buying them as a Christmas present for self as I had a February holiday in Australia and Asia and they have been fabulous - the quality of the sandal is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clare for your comment and feedback on the Anicent Greek sandals, I do think it is worth investing in quality, as things seem to last better. Ideally I think I would love a pair of Anicent Greeks. Xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest