Monday, 2 March 2015

FM40 I Love - I ❤️ Isabel Marant


Jacket, Isabel Marant Glenn Jacket here or here / T-shirt, American Vintage / Jeans, Zara / Bag, Chanel / Boots, R&B

When ordered my American Vintage T-Shirt from Matchesfashion, that's not all I ordered. No, the T-shirt was sneaked in with the main reason for a Matchesfashion order, my wish list item the Glenn Jacket by Isabel Marant Etoile. 

I have wanted one of her tweed jackets for ages, I will never be able to afford a Chanel tweed, but I have heard from Chanel jacket fans (not directly .....but, through fashion blogs) that the IM tweed jackets are a wonderful alternative. 

It arrived in its beautiful marble box from Matches and I was in looooove with it as soon as I undone the ribbons.



I adore the classic black with the white stripe. The narrow sleeves are very flattering and make my arms look very slim! I paired the jacket with my Zara ripped jeans and T-shirt for a wonderful Sunday lunch out for my mum's birthday (I would have of loved to take more pictures, but we were slightly late as we had been to a children's party in the morning, their second of the weekend) the kids social life is better than mine these days! I can also see this jacket styled with tailored pants, pleather leggings or even a dress. My second Isabel Marant purchase has only made me crave for more! #needalotterywin

I am currently coveting .......


Annmarie
xx

19 comments:

  1. Very nice! It would have been funnier if that jacket had snuck in with the tshirt ;-) looks lovely, here's to the next IM purchase! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby would have had a heart attack! he he x

      Delete
  2. Love love love your new jacket Annmarie just stunning & of course it will last you a lifetime.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. I love your new purchase, you look fab in it! Can I ask about the sizing and which size you went for? I love reading your blog BTW. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a size 40 which is about a size 12. The sizing I would say is true size, but the sleeves and shoulders have a nice narrow fitting which gives it a slim fit. I sometimes struggle with Jackets, I need a 12 for the boobs, but sometimes they are big on the shoulders and arms, so this fit feel wonderful. I hope that helps.x

      Delete
  4. It looks a lovely fit on you AnnMarie! You've got a taste for the Marant now ... can't wait to see what falls in to the basket next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, the addiction has started for sure! x

      Delete
  5. Fabulous purchase Annmarie! Some beautiful picks too! Love the red blouse in particular! I see you caved and got the Zara jeans too...they are great aren't they?! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did Michelle, thanks for the advice, I have been living in them! X

      Delete
  6. It is a gorgeous jacket and a real wardrobe workhorse to boot – you will get so much wear from it and it looks fab on you too. Well worth the investment, I think.
    I remember you saying a while back that you'd love a Clare Vivier clutch and I see in Time Out this morning that she is doing a collaboration with & Other Stories - might be worth checking out? I can't find much on their website this morning but there seems to be press on the internet so watch this space!
    Annabelxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will, would love a leopard one, I will keep my eyes peeled. Thank you xxx

      Delete
  7. Hi, I've been reading your blog for a while and just want to say how much I am enjoying it - we are similar sizes and I really like your style. Smiled when I saw this post because I bought the jacket too after spying it on your wish list and like you deciding to fritter less and invest more! Fab on a petite figure and hopefully will last a long time, even my hubby who normally hates Chanel type jackets (ageing apparently!) gave this one the thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your kind comments. Isn't the jacket fabulous, the cut of it is very good and modern (no twin set & pearls) men are funny aren't they with their fashion comments. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I ask a question? I am 5-foot-4, 122 pounds and a 36C. Would the size 40 in the Glenn be too big?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok I am 128lbs, 34dd and 5ft 3 and the 40 is perfect for me, slightly too tight to fasten but I prefer to have it undone. It's a close one you may be better with a 38, sorry I haven't been much use. X

      Delete
    2. No- that helped tremendously.

      Thanks!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest