Friday, 20 March 2015

FM40 Style - My Superga Decision



Coat, Nicole Farhi / Breton, Boden / Jeans, MIH / Bag, Russell & Bromley / Trainers,  Superga
 
 
Yes, the Navy ones won and not only was this picture below inspiration in making my final decision, but the leopard ones were not exactly what I was after. 
 

You know my love of these leopard beauties below and I thought I could replicate them with the Superga, sadly not. 


If they were the calf hair ones (like below) that they did a few season ago, they would have definitely made into my wardrobe. 
 


This season's leopard ones are material and not calf skin and I wasn't too keen on the print, it more navy and black rather than the tan and black that I prefer. 
 

 
Also, they didn't fit as well as the navy ones, I ordered a 37 in both colourways, the leopard were definitely bigger and very baggy around my ankle, the Navy fitted perfect. A Cinderella moment, the fit of the shoe determined everything.

* The funny thing is I was looking at the working girl's Instagram and her tictail account yesterday  (the place where she sells clothes she doesn't want any more) ..... and, guess what is new for sale  ...  her Isabel Marant leopard Bart trainers, fate! I think she is favouring her navy converse and Stans at the moment, so I think I may leave my leopard trainer obsession there, as I am happy with my navy Superga (which are available here and here.)
 
Annmarie
xx

 
 .



18 comments:

  1. Fab choice, I am a big Superga fan, I don't have a navy pair, but you may have just made me add another pair to my ever growing collection! p.s. Why didnt 'we' get the calf hair ones!??......So much nicer that the new leopard print ones they are now doing (maybe we should start a campaign!) Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why didn't we??? I spent hours the other evening trying to locate a pair!!! X

      Delete
  2. Fab choice, I am a big Superga fan, I don't have a navy pair, but you may have just made me add another pair to my ever growing collection! p.s. Why didnt 'we' get the calf hair ones!??......So much nicer that the new leopard print ones they are now doing (maybe we should start a campaign!) Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've ordered the Stan Smiths but I don't actually think I'm going to like them that much now, think they will be too white for me! I like the look of the navy Superga as well. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah the navy suit you very well. They've changed the colour way of the leopard in the last year or so since I last looked at them and close up they don't look as nice as the ones I've seen previously. I nearly said - did you think about any of the "raspberry" shades - just to throw it out there. I thought they were rather nice too and quite fresh looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The raspberry shade did cross my mine Sue, maybe a future purchase?

      Delete
  5. Perfect choice Annmarie & totally agree with you that anything leopard print of the accessory category looks much better when it's calf hair.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you on the colour of leopard - it's got to be tan and black! You have chosen well and I am going to now have to pop over to our nearest Superga shop - in Guildford - and try some on. Bet you get the white next...!! Btw is your Breton a good fit - is it from this season? I am desperate for a navy and white Breton but struggling...seems silly but I am fussy about the fit of tees! Not too fitted, not too baggy, etc...!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is last season and from the kids section, older girls Jonnie B bit. X

      Delete
  7. The navy is perfect for this transitional weather...they are so comfy Annmarie, I bet you will end up going for another colour! Love the way you have styled them, very *The Working Girl* xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You chose well, Annmarie. I think the baby are a classic which you'll never tire of. Superga are addictive though, I have three pairs and I'm currently craving a fourth pair! Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look effortlessly stylish in the navy - much nicer than the leopard! Now you have me wondering if I need superga's in my life.... Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great - love the red lipstick and red bag. I have that Johnnie B Breton too and so wish they'd do them again. They are much better in size, shape and quality than the Boden women's Breton and for less £££ into the bargain. I have also checked out Clara's tictail...she has annoyingly large feet (sorry clara!)! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ..... I love my Jb breton. Yes, big feet! X

      Delete
  11. Wish I didn't keep seeing all these Superga's - it's fuelling my desire for several pairs! Leopard print are definitely my faves x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest