Sunday, 15 March 2015

FM40 Style - A Topshop Mothers Day




Happy Mother's Day ladies, I hope so far you have been spoiled, breakfast in bed maybe and your little ones have a lovely day planned ahead for you. I am having a full Sunday beef roast dinner prepared for me with all the trimmings ......  including homemade Yorkshires. From the two outfit choices I provided you with on Friday, this outfit I felt was more suitable for a day of being spoilt at home.

The jeans ....... yeah, well after 3 years I have finally found a pair of flattering boyfriend jeans in the form of Topshop's Moto Lucas slim boyfriend jeans. I am wearing the size 28 waist and 30 leg (I am 5ft 3inches) and they are a great fit, I don't feel like I am wearing my dad's jeans. The sweatshirt I adore (I got the petite version, perfect fit for me with shorter sleeves and body) I would love a Bella Freud jumper, but at £280 ..... sadly not, this however, gives me the look for less.

The other outfit choice was very popular on Instagram and just for you I have played dress up this morning, I am in love with this Izzy like blouse, which is very feminine and pretty.

A close up picture of the jeans, they are described as low rise, but I would say they are more a mid rise. Honestly, if you have been scared of boyfriend jeans in the past, or like me, have never found a flattering pair, then try these.


I also, managed to buy these gorgeous shoes. I have been after a pair of kitten heels for a while, after many hours spent lusting after the Valentino Rockstud kitten heels on Pinterest. They are perfect for wearing during the day if you need to dress up, but don't want to totter about in a 4 inch heel. I think these shoes look more expensive than their £62 price tag. I might wear this outfit next weekend on my first School Mum's night out.


For those of you who think Topshop is not for you, take another look, I find their larger flagship stores slightly daunting, but find their website easier to peruse. Their denim is superb and there is always fabulous designer homages in their collections.  I would like to thank Topshop for my gift card prize and making my Mother's Day a very stylish one!

Happy Mother's Day, get spoilt, put your feet up, have a lovely day and feel blessed and lucky to be a Mummy. 

Annmarie
xx

This post was brought to you in collaboration with Topshop. 










20 comments:

  1. Perfect stay at home look, very chic. The jeans do look amazing I will be checking those out, as for the shoes they are fab. Have a super duper day.
    Sue x
    Bestfriendstyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, the jeans I am loving, very pleased with them. The shoes were worth the wait! X

      Delete
  2. I love both outfits! I never think to go to TS for jeans (I'm usually a Gap jeans girl) but these look fab. Also admiring your Boden shoes..I'm waiting for the silver version to arrive, although love the navy too!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have dappled with Gap denim, but I love TS my favourite style is the Jamie, perfect skinny. I was tempted by the shoes in silver, but it is hard to find stylish navy shoes so the Navy won, love them, you will not be disappointed when yours arrive. X

      Delete
  3. I love both the outfits, especially number one. Happy Mother's Day! Hope you get spoilt rotten. I had a huge tray of breakfast in bed...took about 30 mins to clear up the kitchen after the enthusiastic chefs had been at work though (and they'd 'cleaned' it once already)! Annabelxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely Annabel, yes my kitchen is like a bomb site, my mum & I have just cleaned up, but dinner was delicious. X

      Delete
  4. Fab outfit. Am going to try TS for jeans - normally go to Gap but read so many good things about them. Oh - I love that white Marant-inspired top too!!! You did a posting recently about white/cream tops - think this is the best. Lucky you - I am craving a roast dinner but my husband's away & my daughters fancy Singapore Noodles instead...!!! Had brunch cooked for me though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol the top is gorgeous even Hubby said how nice it was. X

      Delete
  5. The boden shoes look great, I have them at home ready to try on when we're back from Switzerland at Easter! Are they comfy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are comfy, just my left foot by the toe bone needs breaking in, but I have that with most shoes. I must have a big bone there.....

      Delete
  6. Love both outfits Annmarie, the first one is fab for your laid back Mother's day! I see I now *need* to try the Lucas boyfriends on too.....they look great on you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle really please with this look and the Lucas jeans I would really recommend. Hope you have had a lovely day. X

      Delete
  7. Great outfits. Where is the 'lover' sweatshirt from? Is that Topshop as well?? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is by a brand called tea & cake available at Topshop. X

      Delete
  8. Both outfits are stunning Annmarie.
    Hope you've had a lovely Mothers Day.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, I have had a lovely day. X

      Delete
  9. I honestly can't choose between the two outfits. I thought I was all out for the sweatshirt but the blouse sure looks pretty. I might need to investigate that a little further this week - providing they have it in store. Lovely looks and I hope you had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both outfits. I am going to try those jeans, thanks for the tip. H xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am really struggling with high heels now so these would be perfect, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Topshop is amazing right now - I love those very much

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest