Wednesday, 22 April 2015

FM40 Beauty - My Beauty Update





I have made a few changes recently to my make up, for years I have been a Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier devotee. The main change is that I have swapped from Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser to Chanel Aqua Vitalumiere which I really would recommend. I initially went to Chanel for some new eye shadow which I spotted Lisa Eldridge using on her blog, Chanel longwear luminous eyeshadow it is a pretty eye shadow that I have been using daily, the consultant then gave me a sample of make up, which I used and loved. It is a lovely light weight foundation that surprisingly gives good coverage. Chanel say ; Its soft and evanescent ultra-fine fluid texture is a real surprise: although exceptionally delicate and light, it offers an incomparable “second-skin” perfecting result. The complexion appears amazingly even, fresh and energised. The skin glows with seemingly nude beauty. As if lit from within. Bathed in light … I agree and I am now becoming a Chanel girl .....

In the winter my skin normally suffers terribly from dehydration, the cold weather, central heating and of course my job of cabin crew all play havoc with my skin. This winter I have to say it was the worse it has ever been, flaky patches, breakouts, grey, dull and most definitely I was looking my age, peering at myself in a magnified mirror was depressing some mornings. I tried numerous products, one being Aurelia ..... gorgeous packaging, divine smells, but their products didn't help my skin at all. I even considered splashing out on crème de la mer, I colleague of mine, who is in her 50s swears by this, her skin is amazing, just like a porcelain doll, but I don't solely believe it is all down to a small pot of expensive cream (which I have tried in the past) I think her healthy lifestyle contributes, she drinks a lot of water, eats very healthy and is a yoga teacher in her spare time, which I believe all help keeping the aging process at bay. I needed to find something that was really more affordable, I remember when I was temporally based in Paris a few years back, another colleague who was previously a make-up artist told us that we needed to visit the French pharmacist and stock up on French skin care brands such as Bioderma and Eau Thermale Avene. These brands are now available in chemists here in the U.K, Avene is stocked in Boots and I thought they may be worth giving ago and again the gorgeous Lisa Eldridge also raves about these products.

Well what can I say, I have been using these products for two weeks now and I can see a remarkable improvement. The products I have been using are aimed to help my dehydrated skin,


I use this of a morning under my make-up
I use this as my night moisturiser.
Have you ever tried these French brands, does anybody else suffer from dehydrated skin? If so, what do you recommend?
Annmarie
xx




4 comments:

  1. Living in Switzerland at the moment I'm enjoying trying some of these brands and have been using La Roche Posay which is lovely. I bought some make up from Charlotte Tilbury at Easter for the first time and it's lovely. I got a mascara which I would definitely buy again, a concealer (like touch eclat but creamier) and a lovely gold palette with lip/cheek colour and a crew eyeshadow. I really like it all. Off to Milan this weekend on a girls trip to see if a Gucci scarf can find its way into my wardrobe! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Clarins for many years, then felt like a change - been using Liz Earle, but am going to try your suggestions - the very good price appeals too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had dehydrated skin before. I think it means that your skin needs water as opposed to dry skin which lacks oil. The best thing I've tried is Priori. It is quite expensive but it does tend to last a long time. I worked out that I used to spend just as much on Clinique products which are more expensive than these above but again tend to last a long time. I guess what works for one person won't necessarily work for another. Over the years I think I've tried every skincare counter in Selfridges but nothing really dealt with the dehydration. If you get the chance try Priori. I will be writing about it on the blog soon. These products sound great though. You sound like you have such a glamorous life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am embarrassed by my beauty routine, or shall we say my lack of one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest