Wednesday, 1 April 2015

FM40 Style - Spring Showers

Trench Coat, Burberry / Sweatshirt, Topshop / Jeans, Topshop / Trainers, Superga / Bag, Russell&Bromley
 
It is now April, spring, but it certainly doesn't feel like it is, doesn't it?  This horrid weather, wet, cold and 60 miles per hour winds has put delay on cracking open my spring/summer wardrobe. For school runs in the morning (we haven't broke up yet, tomorrow) I am still wearing warm, down coats and maybe for pick-up I have been braving it in my mac. Spring normally means my beloved Burberry mac comes out all freshly dry cleaned, I love a trench mac for that Parisian look of sophistication. 
 
My advice is to invest or to spend as much as you can afford, I splashed out on a Burberry trench for my 40th birthday, I didn't have a party or a weekend away like most my friends (well I couldn't I was busy pregnant and giving birth to baby number 2) so that was my excuse for indulging. Of course Burberry trenches are very expensive, but many outlet villages have a Burberry store where you can normally pick one up discounted. 


 
Middle of the road, I would say the likes of Hobbs or Jigsaw is the place to purchase a good quality and well cut trench mac. 
 
 
A cheaper alternative, I would always try Gap and this New Look one looks at great option at £49.99. 



Are you a fan of the trench mac? Do you own one?
 
As always thank you for reading, please leave a comment, I love to hear from you.  
 
Annmarie
xx

13 comments:

  1. Love how you've styled your mac Annmarie. I've got a great one from Massimo Dutti that must be over 10 years old but because of it's classic style & colouring it's going to last me many years to come.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting to break out my new Gap one!! Yours looks fab Hx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a Gap trench for years, love it. X

      Delete
  3. From the look of the pictures, the Burberry one would definitely be the one I would want to invest in as the finish on it looks fantastic and the classic style would last forever! Not to mention how fantastic you look in yours! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The finish of my burberry is top notch as you would expect for that price, the buckles are all leather trimmed for example. X

      Delete
  4. Does your Burberry mac crease much? I bought one from Banana Republic ages ago after seeing it on Laura from WIT, but I always feel really tatty in it as it creases dreadfully! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really it does slightly but then they fall out.... I know what you mean however feeling tatty in creased clothes, can you get it treated at a dry cleaners with starch maybe?

      Delete
  5. Absolutely ADORE the trench coat - so good, so versatile and will last you a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so Fiona, that's what I tell myself. X

      Delete
  6. Hi, first time commenter here, and I love the trench! Mine is from Laura Clement and still looks new after 5 years :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to comment. The wardrobe essentials which I believe a trench Mac is, will last and last .... Never date. Xx

      Delete
  7. I have a Burberry - a classic long length one - and I love it. It works with just about everything. I bought it with an unexpected windfall and I don't regret it. Having said that, mine did not cost one grand plus - they've definitely gone up substantially in the past five or six years.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest