Tuesday, 7 April 2015

FM40 Style - Stick To The Resolutions!

Top, Isabel Marant Etoile / Jeans, Zara / Shoes  Boden

This was moi on Easter Sunday for a family home cooked lunch at ours. I wore my Isabel Marant Etoile Ethan top, this is a look I always fall back on when I am stuck, pretty white (ivory in this case) top and jeans. I decided on this outfit after trying on something that had been hanging up in my wardrobe for two weeks still with the tags on ..... The next folk top, 




I tried it on very quickly when it initially arrived and thought it was OK, then this thought provoking post by Sue (Queen Of The Returns) made me think again, she is such a more sensible shopper than me. Her review of this top was that it swamped her (if it swamped Sue it should swamp me I am about the same height) and she had worries about the tassels. 

Let's try it on again, Easter Sunday, take two ......... It looks like I am trying to hide a 20 week bump, it made my thighs appear bigger than they are (too much material around that area) and a much closer inspection of the tassels is that I have many loose threads ......... verdict this time around, it is a RETURN. I do still like the top, however, I feel it suits taller girls like Donna better.

 

I need to get back on track to my New Years resolutions of buying less, but better quality and things I truly love. This Instagram picture from the working girl is my wardrobe heaven, pretty white tops and breton stripes. 



Annmarie, get back on track ..... 

This top is so much like a IM top from this season, hence it is sold out, constantly checking this one with everything crossed that they replenish stock levels.
I like this top as its reminiscent of the Roseanna tops Clara from the working girl wears layered under Breton tops and knits.
I spotted this top on the lovely Sue, fell in love with it, not too sure it will work on me having a larger bust, but for £10 it has been ordered and fingers crossed hopefully it will work, I have ordered a size down from my normal size again like Sue #copycat.
6. PETIT BATEAU BRETON TOP £58
Classic and excellent quality.

Has anybody ordered the Next folk top, is it a keeper or have you returned yours also?

As always thank you for reading, please leave a comment, I love to hear from you.
Annmarie
xx
  p.s thanks Sue, for making me reassess. 



18 comments:

  1. You look lovely, and I immediately thought of Clara from The Working Girl when I saw your outfit :) Too bad she quit blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was gutted, instead I just stalk her on Instagram, I really like her style as it's simple things That you can replicate with high street options rather than her top end pieces. x

      Delete
  2. You look so lovely in your Ethan top! I also ordered the H&M one after reading Sue’s post - baaaa! Being small with a large bust I look 6 months gone in lots of peasant/boho tops but thought for £10 that one was worth a try. Looking forward to them arriving so we can compare notes! Annabelxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eagerly awaiting for it Annable, Sue says below that the pintucks start below the bust so it may work for us, just love the pretty sleeves really. x

      Delete
  3. ADORE that top so much. I love a good cream top with jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just works doesn't it Fiona, never dates. X

      Delete
  4. You look gorgeous in your IM top, it is stunning. I completely agree Sue is making me rethink things, she makes so many good points, I am too impatient and just wear things immediately. I am so with you and really trying (but failing miserably) to focus on quality not quantity! Fab picks, I have my eye on the Zara one xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Fran I am far too impatient ripping tags off, before I properly study myself ..... Does it suit me or I am just getting caught it with it being the hit top or dress. I am going to Barcelona at the weekend so I am hoping to find that Zara top there, fingers crossed. X

      Delete
  5. Oh gosh - please don't let me put anyone off - it's just what speaks to me. I'm no saint about purchases - if I love something enough, I don't fret too much about the composition or anything - I just go with the flow. It would be boring if we stuck with too many rules and just didnt go with what you love. If it looks right in your eyes - that's good enough.

    I hope the H&M top works for you and Annabel above - the pintucks on the top finish a little bit lower on the bust than the Next folk top which flares from mid bust. It might be more flattering if it works out. Thank you for the lovely mention AnnMarie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Sue you saved me from a £45 waste, I looked pregnant in it, I got caught up in the blog craze for this top, as I was saying and agreeing with Fran I am slightly impatient when I like something on the hanger. X

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the mention AnnMarie. I've been writing about the Next top tonight actually. It is voluminous isn't it. I originally thought skinny flares but I've had a total u turn and think skinny skinnies are the way forward. Anyway why would you want the Next top when you have that gorgeous IM?? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Donna, the top looks lovely on you, I agree with you that it would suit skinny jeans better rather than skinny flares or you would look fab in it style with shorts (with your fabulous long legs) on your hols. x

      Delete
  7. Loving your Easter Sunday outfit, the I'M top is gorgeous on you, I wouldn't be so brave as you though to cook in a white top! Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't Helen, hubby thankfully did. I just did the trifle in the morning in my PJ's x

      Delete
  8. There is no comparison between the IM and Next top, so I think you were absolutely right to change your mind and return it! You have made me realise that something I've been undecided about over the last few days needs to go back just because I already have something better in my wardrobe and I should be buying better! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Zara top is in stock, I've just ordered one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes got my email this morning, in bag checked out before I could blink! Happy xx

      Delete
  10. I've had my eye on the Next folk top since it came into stock - would have ordered it by now had it not been for the bump! Love your cream top with those shoes, perfect x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest