Thursday, 7 May 2015

FM40 Style - It's Finally Mine

 
Three weeks ago, I was busy changing the beds and then I thought I would have a well-earned cuppa and have a scroll through the addiction that is, Instagram. My phone had all sorts of alerts on it, emails from followers, comments and messages on Instagram from the lovely Kelly from the 4amClub blog, all alerting me to the fact the Outnet had a major listing of Isabel Marant Etoile that morning, including my wish item the Bloom tunic that I should have purchased last summer and that I featured on FM40 many times.
 
OK, I was on the Outnet more quickly than I could breathe, in fact, I was slightly hyperventilating, there it was £108, what sizes are available, what size would I be???? The large sold out in a blink of an eye, medium was still there, OK ...... breathe, it was in my basket, let's check out. Now, I hadn't purchased anything from the Outnet for a while, sign in  ...... is it my old email or my new email address ....... old, I think.  I was finally signed in, the tunic was still in my basket, pay ........ page refreshes ......NOOOOO!
 
Unfortunately, the item is no longer available
 
I wanted to cry, it was nearly mine. I then stalked the Outnet that day hoping that they were wrong and they still had some left. That night one of Kelly's followers on Instagram emailed me to say if her medium was unsuitable I could have first refusal, how nice, there was some hope. I carried on checking the Outnet daily for any returns, I noticed after a few days, their returns where put back online around 5.30pm, sad, I know. Two weeks later, I couldn't believe it, one was available, size large (after research, either size M or L would of been suitable for me) by this time the Outnet was loaded as an app on my phone, details all saved for an easy and quick check out, I wasn't going to have one snatched away from me the second time around.  
 
 
It has arrived, it is hanging in my wardrobe, it is gorgeous, I am very happy girl and as the saying goes, all good things come to those who wait.
 

Annmarie
xx
 
Note: The Outnet still have some things left of Marant's spring/summer 2014 collection, with 60% off and returns from the original drop are popping back into stock each day here

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I get like that, Total obsession to purchase something, skimming the internet till you find it. I really like this top, it is very similar to something my mum had in the 70s ( I asked about it a few years ago and she through it away, gah!!!) Enjoy wearing it! ( now would be already possible with a vest underneath?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally saving it for my holidays with a navy swimsuit underneath. X

      Delete
  2. and I just found myself a great top from Isabel Marant as well! sorted for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. I can see you smiling from here ;0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, can you see it Helen, big and wide! :)

      Delete
  4. Isn't it amazing to score something you truly love....especially if it's at a reduced price! It's gorgeous, I can totally understand why you were prepared to go to such lengths to secure it! :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a bit obsessive at times, but when I want something I don't stop!x

      Delete
  5. Oh well done you! You are so going to enjoy having that little number in your wardrobe! And you sound as stalkerish as me! Well at least I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stalkerish .... It was verging on obsessive, Sue. I got what I wanted in the end with 60% off so I was very happy. Xx Ps it's not just you. :) xxx

      Delete
  6. Oh I'm so jealous! I debated for WAY too long when it was in my basket and should have just gone for it! Enjoy it! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, after I lost the tunic I then had the top in the basket for 10mins and then lost that. In the end I finally got what I wanted. :) x

      Delete
  7. So glad this story had a happy ending! I bet it looks fab on. You have amassed a nice little collection of IM in the past few months! Annabelx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have, haven't I?? An addiction I think, that all started with that ethan top. x

      Delete
  8. So looking forward to seeing you in it Annmarie, you are going to look amazing. What a lovely little group of fantastic like minded women we have in IG now, its like a little fashion community! Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was only just thinking the same Kelly, I was blown away when one of your followers emailed me to say if her M wasn't suitable I could have first refusal (sadly for me, it was suitable for her) a total like minded fashion community . x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest