Thursday, 28 May 2015

FM40 Style - Summer Loving at Topshop (for over 40s)



Recently I have made a few purchases from Topshop (khaki utility trousers, white lace tee and this black dress which has sadly now sold out) and a few of you have commented that you wouldn't think of looking in Topshop. I am a major fan off their denim and whilst en route to the denim department it is worth while having a good look around, as Topshop is not just for 20 year olds. 

I was reading Deborah Brett's interview on Wardrobe Icons with Kate Phelan, Topshop's creative director and who, is also a contributing fashion editor at British Vogue. Deborah asked her the questions; How do you shop at Topshop? Is there room for an older customer? Her advice was to look at the Boutique and Unique collections and she also said,
" Topshop is definitely not just about young people, but it's definitely daunting - you have to hold your breath and jump in. There is so much for every age, you just need to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in."
 
My method for shopping at Topshop, is to look online each week for new in stock (it's a fast turnaround, great things normally sell out fast) and then look to see what I like, click on the option "Find this in a UK store" to check local store stock levels and then go and have a try on session. However, I must say there online ordering process is excellent, I normally receive my order the next working day.

So, what did I find this week that would appeal to us mums, this top is the one a wore the other day on the blog and the shoes are new in, they look very familiar don't they? 
 

 
This dress is actually a nightdress, but would make the most perfect holiday dress. I saw it last week in white in the Liverpool store and it is so pretty. It got the mama spree seal of approval this week and is now sadly sold out in white online, but the black is still available.
 

 
A white maxi dress is a must for your summer holiday, perfectly styled with tan flat sandals, but can be easily adapted for an English summers evening with a cool looking biker jacket and those familiar shoes again, this time in black. 
 

 
Take a closer look a Topshop it is not just for the young ones, they have some amazing designer like shoes, fabulous tassel bags and some really pretty summer dresses, oh I can not recommend their jeans enough!
 
Have a fabulous weekend.
 
Annmarie
xx

16 comments:

  1. Fab post Annemarie. I too have the khaki utility trousers (using your technique of checking stock online first then tracking them down instore). I tried the black denim dress but it came up a little short for me being 5'8" so it was returned. Keep the great posts coming xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame about the dress, but being only 5.3 it is perfect for me. The utility trousers are fab aren't they. X

      Delete
  2. I find their dresses too short - a pity as I love the look of their denim dresses. I bought a knee length button through A line denim skirt from there recently - it'll see me through to Autumn with a polo neck and knee high boots too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh very on trend Carol, sounds like you will be working that 70s vibe perfectly. X

      Delete
  3. That black nightdress is gorgeous! I love Topshop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it Fiona, just wish I was quick enough to have got it in white. X

      Delete
  4. Those Kathy Ghillie shoes are so lovely. Been after a similar pair for a wee while - might check these out. Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look amazing, especially little touches like the gold ends to the laces - gives an expensive looking finish to them. Their shoes have been superb this Summer.

      Delete
  5. Annmarie, I totally dig your style! I love all 3 collages. I think my one time visit to the flagship Topshop scared the crap out of me. Most of the time, I'm too lazy to go on their website because of the sheer amount of clothes they have on it that I have no idea where to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Marlene, I am taking that as a huge compliment from you :) Topshop is daunting for sure, but I think I have a plan now to master nabbing the great pieces. Asos is the same for me, great pieces on there, but I can't find them until I am spoon fed by other bloggers. I need to master Asos now!

      Delete
  6. I'm lucky in that my daughters are 27 and 16 so have the perfect reason to browse in their and often see pieces for myself whilst looking with my girls. love your choices. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there not their, bad grammer on my part. Can work against me though as the16 year old sees so many nice things the kitty runs dry when it comes to my turn, thankfully the 27 year is independent of bank of mum and dad. (well most of the time)

      Delete
  7. We've recently had an Outfit store at our local retail park and it is so easy to pop in if you're at Tescos or whatever. I've bought quite a few things from the Topshop section. A dress, long sleeved top, jumper, bag, undies, and their nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post Annemarie - I do find Topshop a bit overwhelming when I go in as all the super trendy stuff is at the front so that's great advice re looking online and targeting the new things as they come in. Ax

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm too lazy to go in the big store in Leeds. I prefer to browse online, work out if it's in stock in the store and then go and have a look for it or just order off the site. Besides, I've got you to do the research for me :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest