Monday, 8 June 2015

FM40 Style - A White Shirt

Shirt, Topshop (here) / Jeans, Zara / Shoes, Russell & Bromley (here)
 
Often finding your perfect wardrobe staple items can often prove difficult, the white shirt being my example. 

The days of bootcut jeans and before my mummy tummy, I favoured Hugh Boss fitted white shirts that I tried to purchased at sale times. Now, I favour more a casual style of shirt (i.e, looser), if you have been following my blog for a while you may remember me purchasing the iconic MIH oversized white shirt, I got fixated on this shirt being the perfect white shirt, for a 5ft 3 shortie ..... sadly it wasn't, even getting it shortened   #expensivemistake. 

Recently I have received two gift cards to spend at Topshop, rewards for being their blogger of the month for February (for my post on my favourite jeans which are mostly from Topshop) and then I was also their blogger of the month in March. With this second gift card I purchased the utility trousers, the black denim dress, which both have already featured on the blog and finally this shirt.


 
I first spotted this shirt on the lovely Karen and she was singing its praises, Karen said, 'This one is chambray so not meant to look all 'pressed and sharp'… I'm thinking more 'chucked on and laid back'… Which sounds perfect for my lifestyle too, but I didn't want it too oversized like my MIH one (being big busted I found that you can easily look like a wannabe Van Gogh at your local amateur painting class) so, I went for the size 10. My verdict, is that it is just a great casual shirt, looks good untucked, as well as styled with a fashionable messy untuck. It is also flattering, if you are like me and are blessed in the bosom area, as the pockets are flat. It comes in a very useful chambray colour here too. 
 

I love to finish the classic, simple look of jeans and a white shirt with a touch of leopard. 
 

Have you found your perfect white shirt? I always love to hear of your thoughts and comments, so please let me know.

Annmarie
xx

15 comments:

  1. Nothing beats this look - effortlessly chic and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've styled the shirt Annmarie, classic & timeless & the shirt looks fab!
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wannabe Van Gogh....that really made me laugh. I do remember the MiH shirt and how you said you felt a bit like Wee Willie Winkie in it - that made me laugh too! This shirt looks fab and I am going to check it out now. I bought a very simple blue shirt in H&M a couple of months ago and have worn it tons - have it on today with jeans and my Trina sandals. It is not too oversized but is very forgiving and very light. Having never been an H&M shopping, I have found a few good bits and bobs in there lately. Annabelx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to look in H&M more, lots of people seem to be picking up some great things in there. My gap blue shirt is always in the wash, such a favourite of mine. I am glad I have given you a laugh ..... xx

      Delete
  4. Loving your effortlessly simple, chic look. Those jeans, btw, look fab too. As for the shoes...my budget does not stretch to R&B but I have just bought the Topshop Kingdom Ghillies in the snakeskin...they are the most comfortable ghillies I've tried on so far. I was wondering thought if I should swop them for the black...although I do have flat black Delphines from Hobbs last year which have straps across the front rather than laces, but otherwise very similar. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Difficult one that Carol, black are classic and seem to be trending everywhere, but the snakeskin are a little different and as you say you have your black hobbs ones. Sorry I am useless making choices .....

      Delete
  5. I agree with you. A white shirt is so simple and elegant and timeless. Goes with everything and can be dressed up or down. Definitely a wardrobe staple. Love the way you have styled it here. Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These shirts are such a fab shape....I got the blue and white as part of my Topshop competition win haul and they have turned out to be my favourite pieces!! Perfectly styled as always Annmarie! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just really comfy, I think I am going to be wearing this a lot. x

      Delete
  7. I love this look!! Perfection right there!!

    Thank you so much for the props too ; ) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen and thank you for your inspiration. xx

      Delete
  8. Perfectly styled AnnMarie. You look like one classy lady!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest