Thursday, 16 July 2015

FM40 STYLE | MY SALE CONFESSIONS


I thought it best to own up and tell you what I have purchased in the sales, apart from my new Sweaty Betty yoga top, the only other sale purchase is something I have stashed away for winter (details to follow).  I dive in far too early with the fear my size will sell out and spend all my budget earlier on in the season. However, I did get something heavily discounted in May in the Harvey Nichols 25% off weekend, my wish list item the Isabel Marant Etoile Cassy dress. `Initially I thought the Caleen would be better for me, but I tried the Cassy on and I fell in love with longer sleeve and the extra ruffles. Plus spending this amount of money on a dress I didn't want to risk buying it in white (even though I adored it in white) due the high possibly of staining .......... I am clumsy and I am a mum of 2 little ones and the Caleen at Harvey Nics was only available in white. So, I finally decided on the Cassy in Black and the nice thing was I could size down as the Cassy is quite volumeous.

Can not wait to wear this France, I feel about 7 years old again when I had maroon velvet knickerbockers and a white ruffle blouse (it was the era of the new romantics and adam and the ants) hanging up in my wardrobe to wear on Christmas day...... beyond excited!

Here is how I plan to wear it, day and evening.

Dress, Similar here 

Could I have played chicken and waited for the sale? ...... When I got Harvey Nichols sale preview email, it was sold out in my size and elsewhere only reduced by 30%, so I am happy, I dived in on this one. 

Just to let you know I am taking a a little blogging holiday as we our off to Bordeaux on our holidays. However, I will be around on Instagram and you can follow me here, if you don't already. 

Thank you for reading. 

Annmarie
xx

* The Caleen dress is available in limited sizes here in the sale. 

9 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous! I had a feeling you would go for some IM :) I purchased some Betty sneakers off TheOutnet - there is lots of Marant on the US site - not sure if it is on the UK site too? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'adore this little number Annmarie....fab sale investment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. got the IM Cleave boots 70% off in Harvey Nicks sale-cant wait for winter to wear them Got the top version of your dress for £84 but had to send back as too big - gutted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh lovely. I'll look out for you in it on Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg. Just had a complete flashback - I had maroon velvet knickerbockers and I too paired them with a ruffle high neck white blouse - memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this dress Anmarie. Perfect for your holiday too...I'd say you were a very savvy shopper for getting in there early...well done you and have a fab and I can imagine very stylish break! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You lucky LUCKY gal! It was hoping to nab this during the Harvey Nicks sale but it was sold out in my size. I'm with you about getting the white Cassy. It's like a beacon for dirt.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest