Monday, 6 July 2015

FM40 Style - White Jeans

White jeans can be tricky to shop for, some styles can be overly sheer, or uncomfortably rigid, or just plain unflattering, or all of the above!  I think, fit-wise, white jeans should NOT be skintight, they should skim the thighs and hip (not strangle them). As far as styling white jeans go, I have tried to take my cues from Emmanuelle Alt and the other French vogue editors who typically pair their white jeans with boyfriend shirts or t-shirts and blazers, note how Emmanuelle's jeans are slightly loose.  The French Vogue editor in chief lives in white jeans all year round and swears by Topshop's baxter jeans.








On Saturday evening we went out with friends and I wore my white baxter jeans for a monochrome look. The shoes are from next which I have got to replace the broken heel ones and I must say I do prefer these, the heel is slightly lower and they have an Aquazzura feel about them . 


Top, Ba&sh, / Jeans, Topshop here / Shoes, Next here / Bag, Dior 

Are you a fan of white jeans or do you struggle to find a flattering pair?

Annmarie
xx

6 comments:

  1. Lovely outfit Annmarie, I love white jeans in the summer & always plan on wearing them more in the winter too as I love winter whites.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, they look fab with grey cashmere. X

      Delete
  2. I struggle. I just don't like me in them. I had a slim boyfriend fit pair from Next a few years ago and they were okay but I didn't like the fact that I could make out the outline of the pockets on them. So they went. And then I have a pair of off-white (much prefer this colour to bright white) Primark skinnies which are okay but I just don't reach for them. I like everyone else in them but I feel a little obvious. That Liz Hurley has a lot to answer for ;o)

    Your look is perfect against the black. Nicely done AnnMarie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz Hurley has a lot to blame for with white jeans phobia. The baxters are great, no see through pocket, but yes I am with you love the off white ones. X

      Delete
  3. I would feel confident enough styling white jeans if I could just find a pair to fit me. The skinnies are too tight on my thighs, the boyfriends are too loose at the ankle. I have been searching for the perfect pair for about 10 years!! Still looking. Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous outfit - Emmanuelle is one of my ultimate style icons - she can do no wrong. I am still trying to adopt the minimalist approach but failing constantly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest