Friday, 10 July 2015

FM40 Weekly Loves - #2


Mainly this week I have been enjoying all the end of term events at school, it started off with meeting N's new year 1 teacher, then sports day and we finished off this afternoon with prize giving.

I cannot believe N's first year at school is over that September morning last year seems like yesterday, when I stood outside with a very excited and proud boy in his new uniform. We never had any tears or anxieties, he literally runs to the playground and then walks into class each day with a huge smile on his face and the happiness I get from that is unbelievable. Plus, I am bursting with pride that he has been taught the gift to read and is doing really well and his confidence is growing.

That first day of school can be a nervous day for us mums too, not only are you worried about your child settling in and making friends, the thought crosses your mind too, will I find fellow like-minded mums at the school gate and to be honest there is nothing to worry about. Friendships are formed quite easily, you are sharing the same experience of your child's learning journey through Reception, bonds build through sharing countless coffees and chit chats at the many 5 year old birthday parties you attend throughout the school year and what makes me very happy this week is that I have found some wonderful new friends at N's school gate.

Finally, I have been loving buying the little things for our holiday this week, nothing clothes wise, just the toiletries and suncare, which makes me very excited now for our forthcoming holiday. I got these travel size Child's Farm toiletries for the children, I really like this brand as N in the past has had a tendency to get eczema and this brand is wonderful for children with sensitive skin. I have indulged in some new skincare that was recommended by one of my lovely readers in my post about M&S beauty (here) and my new love of the brand Nuxe, to compliment the Nuxe moisturiser (which I LOVE) that I got last week, I purchased the eye cream and cleanser, thank you once again Annabel! :)

Have a wonderful weekend. 

Thank you for reading my weekly loves.

Annmarie
xx

7 comments:

  1. My youngest starts next September and whilst I know she will be running in, I know I will be crying like a baby at my baby growing so quickly. Time really does fly doesn't it! I had some samples of the Nuxe oil and loved it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This school year has flown by ..... It was strange I thought I would cry, but I didn't. I was just over the moon he looked so happy in the class exploring with a huge grin on his face. When my youngest goes, then the tears may start as I am home alone and redundant till home time. Nuxe is just fab, I am loving each new product I use.

      Delete
  2. Lovely post Annmarie, and it helps to put my mind at ease, as we have Luca starting this September. He only turns four a few weeks before the end of term and I am feeling a little bit nervous! Looking forward to seeing your holiday snaps and photos - Keri x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. N's best friend at school is an August baby and he has done brilliantly, he has come out of his shell so much. Luca will do well, it is such a big milestone isn't it. x

      Delete
  3. Ahhh this is a lovely post AnneMarie, your little one has done amazingly, they never cease to amaze me these kids they are more resilient and strong than I ever give them credit for, that why they are so amazing to us Mamas!! Have a wonderful holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fran, looking forward to our holiday, somewhere we have never been before, so it is very exciting. x

      Delete
  4. Love the Nuxe Micellar Annmarie - so gentle but effective! My girl is finishing her first year at secondary this week - honestly I don't know where the time goes! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest