Monday, 10 August 2015

FM40 STYLE | MY STYLE MILESTONE WITH M&S

AUTOGRAPH WHITE NO PEEP COTTON BIB FRONT SHIRT £35 / LIMITED EDITION SKINNY LEG DENIM JEANS £39.50



At the end of July I was contacted by M&S and asked if I would like to take part in a campaign all about style milestones, I was hugely honoured to be asked to compliment the main campaign which included some very high caliber bloggers (you can see their video and photo shoot here that took place at M&S HQ).  

Personally as a 40 something mum of two little ones, I was thrown a hugh curveball over 5 years ago, soft play centres, mummy/toddler groups and high heels don't go and my whole outlook for day to day fashion changed. 

I quickly learnt that I needed classic pieces in my wardrobe that had dual purpose that could be dressed up for the minimal times I was required to be my old-self. The wardrobe essential items have become the backbone of my wardrobe, the white shirt, a great fitting tee, a flattering pair of jeans, a  'go with everything' fabulous coat (adore this grey one) and the ever multi-functional leather jacket.

I would have laughed at you if you would have said I would be wearing trainers with my daily outfits 6 years ago (at work I was the stewardess who never swapped into her flat cabin shoes, even during a busy 13 hour day I always kept my heels on), but as you know I have embraced them, they are a mummy essential item and Marks & Spencer have also realised this by including a very stylish and modern pair in two colour ways in their autumn/winter collection here, as seen in Vogue. 

Marks and Spencer allowed me to pick 3 items from their new collection that I felt fit my age milestone, sticking to ageless, classic items that have dual purpose, I picked a white shirt, I feel a white shirt is a must in any ladies wardrobe. I love, love this shirt, classic bib front and perfect for us big busted girls with the added inner buttons to ensure no peeps and I can ensure you there have been no peeps! 

AUTOGRAPH WHITE NO PEEP COTTON BIB FRONT SHIRT £35


I wear jeans 99% of the time and finding reasonable priced jeans, of a flattering fit and of a good quality are hard to find, this pair from their Limited edition collection are amazing, high waisted to tuck everything in and a great frayed hemline, very on trend. 

LIMITED EDITION SKINNY LEG DENIM JEANS £39.50


I gave this white shirt a whole different look and styled it with my leather look leggings, which is a perfect outfit for an evening out or a fancy lunch, you can purchase Marks and Spencer's ponte real leather leggings here, which may I add get amazing reviews. I find them surprisingly so multi functional, they are perfect for an evening, but they also look great during the day with winter knits and ankle boots.  

AUTOGRAPH WHITE NO PEEP COTTON BIB FRONT SHIRT £35


My third piece had to be a dress and I picked this amazing faux suede dress that will look perfect in the winter styled with my Stuart Weitzman over the knee boots and on a really chilly day I think it will look wonderful with a black polo neck underneath, very Ali MacGraw, sadly this dress is sold out in sizes 14 or below, but this almost identical one (here) is equally fabulous. 

I have added my full list of my classic, mummy essential pieces that will take you through the milestone that is becoming a full-time mummy, but keeping your fashion mojo alive.

12 comments:

  1. I love those leather leggings and the grey coat. I wouldn't usually go to M&S but I am really liking the things you have shown here. Might take a wee peek. Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorraine you need look, the Vogue picks are really stylish. Autograph and limited edition are normally my favourites. x

      Delete
  2. That cashmere hoody is going straight to the top of my Winter wish list Annmarie....so gorgeous! Lovely picks! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine to Michelle!! It comes in grey too. x

      Delete
  3. Love the leather and ponte leggings they are the top of my AW15 list. I also tried the Autograph eye crayons and they are superb quality better than some coating twice the price

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum recently tried the autograph lipstick and said for £8 they were very good. The leather leggings are fabulous, I have pretend ones from Next, but I would love these. x

      Delete
  4. I love all your picks and I'm glad you managed to find a bib shirt in place of the JCrew one which you nearly bought.

    I look forward to seeing you in the suedette dress. I used to have one you know but I never had the guts to wear it. It was a little short and skimpy and I looked like one of the lady Flintstones in it. Honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very much like the J Crew one, so yes it jumped out at me straight away. Lady flintstones LOL ..... I bet you didn't! x

      Delete
  5. When you pull these pieces out of M&S they could be straight out of a high end designer!....Some fabulous wardrobe goodies that may now just go on my Fall shopping list!!
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. some are on my Helen too, including that cashmere hoodie, LOVE! x

      Delete
  6. You look fab in the white shirt Annmarie. I am not usually an M&S shopper as their clothes don't sit right on me but when I saw it on you I rushed off to check it out online...only to discover it's sold out in all the small sizes - boo hoo! I may have to order the leather leggings this year just to 'see'...I've had them in and out of my shopping basket so many times but never quite succumbed! Axx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my leather look ones from Next and I love them, but would love a proper pair as I do wear them a lot. The shirt, try instore, my local M&S had the shirt in all sizes. x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest