Tuesday, 25 August 2015

FM40 STYLE | TOPSHOP A/W REVIEW

Blouse, here / Shoes, here / Jeans, here / Bag, Chanel 

The summer is sadly coming to an end and autumn is just around the corner and Topshop have wasted no time and launched their A/W collection last week. Under the style directorship of Vogue's Kate Phelan (who is 51) us 40 somethings can guarantee to find style lead pieces that will not break the bank. Topshop very kindly sent me a gift card to spend on my favourite pieces, without hesitation I picked this ruffle blouse (I am such as sucker for romantic ruffles) this blouse fits perfectly into the A/W trend for 2015, gothic romantic, with lace, ruffles and high necklines seen on many catwalks including Alexandra McQueen.



Next, I ordered the Valentino tango look-a-likes shoes, I love these, they actually look more expensive than their £46.  The low heel offers easy-to-walk-in comfort, but gives you that little bit of umphh. Please Topshop, can you do them in cherry red too? 


My final choice was the gorgeous floral dress I featured last Thursday and that I first spied on Natasha from Wear & WhereThis dress fits into the 70s boho trend that just seems to be sticking around, I have styled this dress with some old boots from Russell & Bromley that I have had for years (so happy I never put these on eBay when I had a clear out, it crossed my mind) as they look rather good with this dress


The colours are so pretty and what you can't see from the picture is the lace up sides, giving this dress a little edge. 


In this months issue of Red magazine, they interview Kate Phelan and the other important ladies behind the brand Topshop and they asked them what is the typical age of Topshop's customers and Mary Homer the Managing Director said there was no such thing "We get women in their 50s and 60s, some of whom have come back to shop with their teenage children. My daughter raids my wardrobe, but wears it in a different way. You dress age-appropriately, but there is no age limit. Age doesn't matter anymore." Amen to that!


Thanks for reading.

Annmarie
xx

This post was brought to you in collaboration with TOPSHOP. 

6 comments:

  1. I love all of these, but especially the dress with the boots. I love the Boho style of it. So wearable for autumn. Great choices! Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne, could totally see you in this dress and boots. x

      Delete
  2. The blouse absolutely gorgeous, I'll be checking it out. Topshop shoes have been great this year!!
    Sue x
    Bestfriendstyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh their shoes have been amazing Sue, haven't they. x

      Delete
  3. Wow, didn't you do well?! I love that blouse, and the shoes to......Well all of it I would love to wear!! Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We provide you a huge range of online China products in UK. Our vision is to give you comfort for all fields of life. Everything would be at your on click.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest