Friday, 7 August 2015

FM40 CURRENTLY COVETING | #1

The skirt below I cannot get out of my head since I saw Alex's post and fell in love with her whole outfit really, the Bella Freud jumper is a long time wish list item of mine, but the skirt I initially thought would be from Cos with its origami shape, but no it is good old M&S.

I didn't purchase it as I was in holiday mode, but perusing M&S last night, I spotted it again, in stock in most sizes. This skirt has so many possibilities, it would love wonderful worn to the office, for me it would make a pleasant change from jeans and a nice top, or a dress to wear on a night out ....... I should do skirts more really.

I have styled it with of course the Bella Freud jumper as Alex did, as she looked amazing. If that is too pricey, then the Isabel Marant sweatshirt would be a very cool option or it would just look perfect with a simple black t-shirt. Look at the shoes ladies, Aquazzura eat your heart out, Topshop have done it again! I spotted these stunners on Wednesday and going to press this morning they are now sadly sold out, don't forget to use the find in store option,  I am sure Topshop will restock (she says, crossing fingers and toes) they did with the Gillians, but if you can't wait for them I have included links to a few fabulous alternatives for you.

11 comments:

  1. I love your choices here - the skirt is so elegant and feminine and you're quite right - Topshop can do no wrong in the shoe department at the moment. I had a Bella Freud jumper at the top of my shopping list so went into Selfridges last week to try one on. I was a bit disappointed/relieved as it didn't do much for me and the wool doesn't feel that nice. I then sized up two sizes and the slouchy look was better but not flattering enough to make me part with my hard-earned pennies! I saw the Marant sweatshirt in Liberty and was surprised that the logo was in quite shaggy terry towelling. Didn't try it on as I was rushing through but might have to go back and investigate further. I know we're only in August but I'm already looking forward to hearing about your autumn/winter wishlist as it's always a source of inspiration for me. This year I'm in the market for a coat, which will be a real mission as I am so fussy (and indecisive) about big ticket items. Also a new pair of ankle boots...arrgh...I am already ebaying like a fiend! Annabelx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good news for my bank account on the Bella Freud jumper, however i feel I have to scratch the itch with it and try it myself (I have visions of myself wearing it this Christmas with an old Jaeger black lace skirt I have). Surprised to hear also that the logo on the Marant sweatshirt is terry ..... I need to get into Manchester and check out the new stuff in Selfridges. My A/W wish list should be on the blog later this month, I think I know what I need, but then its the other question of what I want (I have an eBay pile starting to grow to accommodate/fund that wish list). I need a coat that is warm, hood and covers my bum and new boots too, winter is expensive isn't it? ......., big money purchases

      Delete
  2. That bag is sooo purr-fect! ;0) Love all of your picks Annmarie....you have fabulous taste! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the bag is so cute, in my book if its not a classic go quirky with evening bags. x

      Delete
  3. I toyed with the skirt and had it in my online basket a couple of times and then decided it might possibly be too long for me and I really am rubbish with skirts. I've had two new skirts this year and I've not really had the wear out of them yet but I'm going to blame the weather partly for that. So glad to hear that Annabel didn't get on so well with the Bella Freud jumper as that is one of my wish list items - if I ever get the chance to try it on, I hope it doesn't fit me too and I can finally cross that one off my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to scratch the itch with the Bella freud jumper and try it on, I have a slight obsession with them at the moment .....I hope and my bank balance does that it doesn't suit me either.

      Delete
  4. I love this skirt too and I'm not generally a big M&S fab. I'm definitely going to try it out. Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous - can totally see you in it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so tempted, just will I get my wear from it, Avril? x

      Delete
  6. Love my M&S skirt so much - weirdly it is quite long but works with flats too, which surprised me! And good news for Bella Freud fans (but bad news for bank accounts everywhere) - they're launching these logo jumpers in, wait for it....cashmere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cashmere ..... oh dear pure luxury!!!! best get saving, Alex. x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest