Monday, 3 August 2015

FM40 TRAVEL | BORDEAUX


I am back from our holidays, sad, as we had a truly lovely time. It made a nice change to have our main summer holiday to somewhere we had never visited before. We spent our first two nights in the beautiful city of Bordeaux, which I thought was like a mixture of two other favourite cities of mine, Paris and Barcelona.  After exploring, we found ourselves sitting in one of the many cafe bars, enjoying a drink in the square that included the stunning Bordeaux Grand Hotel, the Opera House and the super efficient tram occasionally travelling through.  



I follow Lilylovesfashion on Instagram, she is based is Cap Ferret near Bordeaux and she regularly posts pictures from her visits to the city including this one from the Grand Hotel's roof top bar Night Beach and as I love a roof top bar, we had to visit for a quick aperitif before dinner.


I didn't get a white mojito like Lily, but a glass of Bordeaux rose, the roof top bar has fabulous views over the city and the opera house, as you can see from Lily's photo and like most hotel roof top bars a very cool vibe.



Our second day again we walked and explored the city and found this great side street that included one of our favourite spots for lunch, if you are a fish lover, I would totally recommend this restaurant (Le Petit Commerce) if you ever visit Bordeaux. 



Another favourite place of ours to eat was Osteria Da Luigi, an authentic Italian restaurant that did the most divine pasta dishes and the owner was most accommodating with the children making them a special dish of their favourites, tomatoes, prawns and pasta. 



I can hear you all saying what was the shopping like, well I was totally impressed, Maje, Sandro, Bonton for the children having beautiful stand alone boutiques and Repetto. I had to take my 3 non shoppers in here for a nose, it was just so pretty and very tempting. I am now extremely regretting not taking Hubby's offer up of to get a new pair (he loves ballet pumps), but I knew I needed to take my time with colour choices and time and patience in shops my 3 don't have.


Apart from this little bit of window shopping, I didn't really shop on this trip, but I did participate in one of my favourite pass times "people (fashion) watching" sat in one of the street-side cafe bars and my favourite spot was a French lady in her 30's who just looked simply divine, typically French, chic and simple ..... Her outfit contained a bag that I spotted many French ladies carrying, the Vanessa Bruno Cabas canvas tote, which is now on my wish list for next summer. You can steal her look below,


3. MAISON MICHEL PANAMA (Cheaper alternative here)
5. REPETTO CENDRILLON LEATHER BALLET PUMPS £143 (cheaper alternative here)

Annmarie
xx



My Recommendations,

  1. Hotels
    Grand Hotel Bordeaux
    2-5 Place de la Comédie, 33000 Bordeaux, France

    Hotel De Seze 
    23 Allée de Tourny, 33000 Bordeaux, France

    Restaurants
    Le Petit Commerce
    22 Rue Parlement Saint-Pierre, 33000 Bordeaux, France

    Osteria Da Luigi
    23 Rue du Pas-Saint-Georges, 33000 Bordeaux, France


12 comments:

  1. try this link http://www.sacdestockagemoinscher.fr/soldes-cabas-vanessa-bruno for the bag! £70 and free delivery it seems! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pics Annmarie, looks like you had an amazing time! I love the chic French inspired outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did Michelle, serious Hoilday blues now especially with this rubbish weather up north!

      Delete
  3. So glad you had a lovely time – Bordeaux looks absolutely gorgeous. The Repetto shop looks good enough to eat! I wouldn't have been able to decide on a colour on the spur of the moment either - I am not v good at spontaneous shopping decisions, I usually like to mull over things for weeks, stalk them on pinterest and then send them back when I decide I've made a big mistake - that's my shopping comfort zone! I love your Chic French Lady look, especially the cabas shopper. Annabelxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So want the cabas shopper now Annabel, on the wish list for next summer. It was lovely of him to offer, but I knew I couldn't do it on the spare of the moment, there where different leathers, colours, heel sizes ..... its not like buying a pint of milk, is it?

      Delete
  4. Looks gorgeous there AnnMarie, stunning photos. I love the look of the rooftop restaurant (I love a rooftop bar/restaurant too) now added to my places to visit xx ps love the Vanessa Bruno bag, how do the French do it, so effortlessly chic, I always feel like a ratbag over there! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you would love it Fran, so cool, I was surprised. I went to Paris a few years back with Hubby and I felt like a bag of spuds all weekend, I think thats where my french designer obsession began.

      Delete
  5. You cannot possibly take a bad pic of somewhere so lovely can you! It looks like you had a fab holiday and I loved following your IG feed whilst you were away.

    And I would have been like you ... I couldn't do the spontaneous pick a pair thing not with all that choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was really beautiful Sue, totally fell in love with the place, I hope to return, maybe for a weekend with my mum and then I could take all the time in the world picking a pair of Repettos. I am still going to hold him to his offer. x

      Delete
  6. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This brings back some lovely memories of the trip hubby and I made to Bordeaux many years ago...pre kids! You've made me want to make a return visit...I'd forgotten how beautiful it is AND I never made it to the Repetto shop! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I loved it Avril, a really beautiful city. You must return, leave the kids and rekindle your weekend together. x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest