Monday, 31 August 2015

FM40 WEEKLY LOVES | #6


My weekly loves this week have all been shopping related, maybe because it was week 6 1/2 of the school holiday, that I felt in need of some retail therapy. 

Flowers - Lilies I have overlooked for white tulips, peonies, stocks and freesias, this week when purchasing flowers nothing really took my fancy, maybe its that time of season and then I spotted a bunch of oriental lilies and an old love affair may have just been rekindled.  

Beauty - I popped into my local TK Maxx mainly to look at the children's wear, I sometimes pick up some great pieces of Ralph Lauren for my little boy in TK's. After perusing the children wear I wandered over to the beauty bit, on the shelf was lots of James Read tanning mist for £7.99, normally it retails for £24 here. Now it may be rubbish and that's why they had a job lot, but for that price I thought it was worth a try, especially after having success with his overnight tanning mask. I can report it's like a home spray tan, done it seconds, no mess, no putting on mitts, no rubbing and blending...... super quick. Admittedly, it may need another layer for a darker tan I normally favour, but for winter I think it will be ideal for just a skin kissed look, I am off to see if they have anymore left today. 

Fashion - For a year I have been trying to find my perfect Aquazzura like lace-up flats,  remember I tried the New Looks ones, I didn't like the cheap looking gold hardwear and Hubby put me off them saying,  was I auditioning for a part in Riverdance?  Not entirely put off, I then ordered the Boden navy Lillie lace up flats, they were so uncomfortable, rubbed all my feet, so I returned them to Boden (you have got to be thankful for Boden's no quibble returns policy).  Then, I opted to pay extra for the Russell & Bromley ones and I decided on the leopard. Now, I adore these, but I tend to only wear them for special. Instagram, I have to say is a bit of an addiction of mine and lace-up flat shoes in black keep popping up a lot of my favourite feeds and they look to be staying around for A/W,  so I was decided I was ready to jump on the bandwagon again for a pair of black lace-up flats that I could throw on daily before my ankle boots are required. After, much research the best looking and affordable ones in my opinion appeared to be the Topshop Kingdom Ghillie Flats . I have been waiting for them to come back into stock in my size and finally they did and now in my procession I think I have found my perfect pair of black lace up flats, only a year later.

I am sure you don't need reminding that it is the 1st of September tomorrow and I think that will be perfect time reveal my A/W wish list, so I will see you tomorrow for all things autumn/winter. 

Annmarie
xx


11 comments:

  1. I bought the same Topshop ghillies a few months ago, after a great deal of research. I was a bit concerned as they seemed a tiny bit tight. However after one morning's wear they had given just the right amount and are now the comfiest ghillies out there - and I have tried several, trust me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, but to be honest they were very comfy from the word go. Super cuffed with them. x

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the Topshop ghillie Ammemarie! I'm loving lace up flats and heels, may have to give these a try! Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue try them, they are the best copies out there, you only have to see Instagram, the top bloggers and fashion stylists have these. x

      Delete
  3. I love these Topshop ghillies and agree they are the best on the high street but the size 4 are too tight on my toes and the size 5 are too wide at the back and sides. Boo hoo! I am hoping Zara do a black pair this winter as their shoes tend to be narrower. On the subject of fake tan, this summer I discovered Cocoa Brown thank to Kat of DMBL40 and it is brilliant. Definitely worth a try. Looking forward to the A/W wishlist and hope you're having a nice bank holiday monday! Annabel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah no, what a pity, you need to lobby Toppers for half sizes! Look in Zara kids they have done a copy of the Isabel Marant Leo's that Susie So So recently blogged about, I prefer them to the adult version. Yes, well I was going to try Cocoa Brown on Kats advice then got side tracked by this for the same price in TK's, I need to try CB as it gets great reviews.

      Delete
  4. I love finding TK Maxx bargains - I got two beautiful RL summer dresses for my daughter there this summer plus a gorgeous winter RL padded coat for my nephew that lives in Scotland. I find online is quite good for RL on TK Maxx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is superb, I never buy RL at full price, I always go to the outlet village shop or TK's. Think we may have purchased the same padded jacket. x

      Delete
  5. The Topshop ones are lovely - I tried the red ones on a while back and they were very comfortable. My heart said red, my head said black and because the two couldn't agree, I was very good and stepped away. I'm glad that you have found the right pair - you do so well with Topshop!

    And lilies - I know where you're coming from - I saw some this week in the shops and they were just perfect - alas I had some hydrangeas in situ already but I'm eyeing them up for my next fresh flower fix!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo I did spot the James Read tanning mist a while ago in TK Maxx and was so tempted but didnt buy as I thought like you it might not be very good but after hearing your thoughts about it I will have to get some, love the fact you can just spray it on with none of the fuss. The Topshop shoes are gorge, I have just ordered a pair of Mary Janes from there, they may work or may not?!! Cant wait to see your AW wish list xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these shoes. Glad to hear they are back in stock! Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest