Tuesday, 1 September 2015

FM40 STYLE | MY A/W 2015 WISHLIST




I love the change over in seasons, sorting your wardrobe out and deciding what hits the charity bag, what goes on eBay and then looking at the holes (quite literally sometimes in your jumpers) left and deciding what you need to fill those holes and then the whole other ball game of what you would really like..... more things hit my eBay pile. 

Again, I am going to try and stick to my new year resolution of trying to buy less and invest in things only that I really love. 

1. COAT
I have a small list of requirements, it must be warm, it must have a hood and it must cover my bum and keep me warm in all weathers, dog walking along a beach in the North West of England. I have been researching this all summer, call me crazy, but I don't want to make a mistake. My favourite is the Woolrich Arctic Parka, if it is good enough for Olivia Palermo to walk her dog in wintry NYC then I think it's a safe bet. 

This is something that I would like rather than I need and I may have to do a little ebaying to fund this. I enjoyed wearing my Isabel Marant Glenn jacket so much this summer, having big boobs, a well cut jacket can have a slimming effect. I adore Clara from the old working girl blog on Instagram still and she has this jacket in grey ......simply I am a #copycat.

This was on my summer wish, but I never got around to purchasing it. Plus, they are quite thick and far more suitable for autumn/winter. 

Hands down my favourite skinny jeans. My dark pair that I have had for about 2 years have faded on the knees slightly, too much kneeling with little ones, so a new pair is required. I also quite like them in black cord. Isabel Marant has done some skinny cords this autumn, but £42 I think I will opt for the Topshop ones. 

Michelle from Myfashionable40s rocked these last winter and looked totally cool in them and I am tempted to try a pair after loving my white low tops. 

I have longed for this jumper for a few years, it can be worn casually or dressed up with a lace pencil skirt. My birthday is in September, fingers crossed a few pennies or vouchers come my way to purchase one. 

7. CASHMERE
A new piece of cashmere each winter is a luxury I like to indulge in and the piece of cashmere that has caught my eye so far is this hooded one from Hush. 

I would also like a grey long boyfriend cardigan.  This very versatile piece of clothing is one I don't really own, I have an old Whistles cashmere one from when I was pregnant 6 1/2 years ago, but it has short sleeves and I tend to wear it now only over my PJ's in the winter. I will be looking to Uniqlo for this item, I really rate their cashmere for the money or again the Hush Nina Cardigan appeals due to its likeness to the Acne cardigans. 

I love this brand, it has made serious waves across Instagram with Tash from Theyallhateus wearing it and one of my style crushes Louise Redknapp has the midi skirt I want. However, I am also quite taken with this drop waist style dress, perfect styled with my leather Marant jacket.  The good news is that this brand is easier on the purse strings than that of Isabel Marant. 

10. A PAIR OF ISABEL MARANT DICKER BOOTS
Yes, I know I have already purchased these in June in the sale (available here, now), but when I was changing over my wardrobes at the end of last winter, I made a mental note that I wanted them for this winter. Being sales savvy has allowed me to tick my first wish list item off..... yippee.

Have you noticed apart from the dickers there isn't much Isabel Marant on my list? There isn't anything I am really craving, apart from these shoes and this skirt , the shoes are out of my budget and the skirt I have nowhere really to wear it. Maybe something will catch my eye later on, I am always checking Vestiaire Collective for things that I loved from previous seasons that I regret not buying.... so we wait to see if I get any more Izzy pieces to add to my collection. But, then again the Fiona Skirt from hush may satisfy my addiction. 

What do you think of my wish list? It is seriously lacking some colour, maybe I might indulge in what appears to be the colour of the season berry,  with a little cheeky high street number. Do you know what you would like this autumn/winter? 

Annmarie
xx

22 comments:

  1. I love your picks. I've also been planning on getting the Woolrich Arctic Parka for more than I year now (I had a baby last autumn and didn't want to make the big splurge while I had my post-baby weight on) but I'm still unsure whether I want it in black or navy.
    Will you be going for black?
    I think it's smart to keep your investment pieces in a neutral colour palette. I tend to only splurge on neutral colours and my occasional pop of red in my wardrobe. It will make sure I can mix and match perfectly and make the most of my expensive purchases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be going for the black, I thought about the Navy, but the black will go with more things in my wardrobe ..... i.e. lots of grey! ha.

      Delete
  2. I love this list - wow. And I love that Woolrich Arctic Parka, but definitely out of my price range. My requirements are the same as yours - so please let me know if you have any recommendations for a more affordable version! Love your recommendations. And one day those Dicker Boots will be mine all mine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will Henrietta, I love Jigsaw's parka which is cheaper, but that has no hood. I got my dickers on Farfetch, they were the only website tout them in the sale ..... keep your eye out at the end of this season. x

      Delete
  3. Lovely picks! Didn't you buy a beautiful winter jacket last year though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, I did, I got my Moncler short puffa which I love, but I would like a longer coat to fully cover my bum and one in black.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, that is some list! I've just added it up and it all comes to £2068!, The quantity of items seems so restrained but then you do the maths and that's not the case! They are all stunning choices and have given me inspiration for holes in my own wardrobe. I've already bought a grey hooded oversized crombie coat, a camel fur hooded Cape, berry skinny jeans, berry zipped jumper, black cape style jumper, grey and bronze kimono sleeve jumper and black skinny biker trousers - all of these came to £205! We have very different approaches. I still need some dicker style boots in grey and a leather cross body bag - colour not sure about, feel like I'm overdosing on grey but I just love it. I also am lusting over a Zara cashmere tunic style jumper which is £100 - may ask for it for Xmas or wait for the sale. Are you not including in your list basics that you might need like long sleeved t shirts for layering or do you have all those already? I find I almost need to replace these types of items annually! Look forward to seeing you in all your wish list items over the next few months x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't included them as I don't need to any basic tees. I am not a big fan of layering as it makes me look more bulky, if I do layer it will be over my bretons and shirts that I don't need to replace.

      Delete
  5. I love the Iro jacket! Such a fab wish list! I just wonder if animal welfare affect the things you buy. Do you ever consider where the feathers that are filling the coat comes from, or the cashmere of the beautiful cardigan? Can we wear beautiful things and not think about what lies behind? Just a though. I see you have a delightful little puppy and care for animals
    Best wishes
    Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely new season selection. Pleased that I already have a few similar items so I'll be less temped! Just found converse hi tops in a discount store here in Switzerland but irritatingly not in my size, I'll have to go back.

    I'm interested to see how you will wear the long cardigan. I bought the oversized grey one from Topshop last year and it is definitely oversized! I tend to feel a bit swamped in it.

    A very stylish Danish lady at my sons school wears a lot of Cecilie and has a dress in that print. It always looks lovely so I'm keen to see what you think.

    Good luck with the shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am thinking about downsizing with the cardigan, we will wait to see if I suit them. Oh it sounds like you have very stylish mamas at your son' s school! Good luck with your converse size hunt. xx

      Delete
  7. Some fabulous picks, I too have been craving a Bella Freud sweater, maybe this will be the year. I've had my Dicker boots for 3 years now, expensive at the time but. Have never regretted getting them, my only fear is that I may wear them out.
    Sue Bestfriendstyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see a girl after my own heart, 3 years you have had your Dickers for, so that is £100 per year, never mind the cost per wear, I bet remarkably less. I am so pleased with how comfy they are, even with the small black heel, delighted with mine too. x

      Delete
  8. Am also fancying a long cardi, thinking of trying the Hush one in camel. Also after ankle boots - either Ash Jalouse (if I kind find them - think they might have been discontinued) in taupe and black, or Jigsaw Cara ankle boots as an alternative. Dark blue skinny jeans - hoping Mint Velvet are doing some as I like their fit - and something in berry like a jumper (Uniqlo?) and a large scarf. Also black suede over the knee boots. Cannot afford the Russell & Bromley ones so will try Dune. Love your choices although I couldn,t wear a dropped waist dress due to my pear shape hips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The camel one is lush. Hush have some Ash boots on their website, keep searching through pages of google search for the Ash you may be lucky, sometimes JulesB have them in stock. Yes, I was checking Uniqlo for a berry coloured jumper ..... great mind ;)

      Delete
  9. Wow great AW 15 list and I love the arctic parka! Hope you don't think I'm being cheeky but I think you mentioned before about ebaying. Do you mind sharing your seller id for when you're having a clear out? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you are not cheeky at all, I am thinking of doing that and putting the link up, I have just done a kids clothes clear out which all sold over the weekend. x

      Delete
  10. Hi Annmarie. I really enjoyed seeing your wishlist and think you have put together a brilliant selection of pieces that not only all work together but also will complement what you already own. I have a woolrich parka that's about to see me through a third winter. Yes, they are horribly expensive, but in my opinion always being beautifully warm (in anything but really low temps they can be TOO hot!) in even the coldest weather conditions is much more of a luxury than a pair of designer high heels or a bag. Like you, I am a long-time Carene fan and have had this saved as both an ebay and a vestiaire alert for the longest time, but one hasn't popped up in my size yet....I was amazed to follow your link through to the navy one at Very Exclusive and wonder if they have also produced more of the grey one too...a spot of googling is in order! I saw some on the sale rail once in Urban Outfitters on Oxford Street and didn't check for my size and have kicked myself ever since! I also have a cashmere jumper on my list – last year I bought a grey jumper from Uniqlo and I wore it and wore it so this year I'll be going back for another - maybe black this time. I also have a short grey Acne Raya on the wishlist, a coat (thinking I might try French online brand Sezane), a pair of boots and a black work dress...let's just say I might need to rob a bank! Am still doggedly ebaying away and still have more to go...wish me luck. Looking forward to seeing you in some or all these gorgeous picks as the season unfolds! Annabelxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annable, everyone I speak rate the Woolwich and it is an investment that they have for a number of years. A Carene popped up on Vestiaire yesterday, in a grey, but a size 34. Although I love the original grey, I am quite taken with the new seasons Navy. Oh I bet you are kicking yourself walking past them on the sale rail in Urban Outfitters, I have done that in the past, the Liberty shoe sale last New Year being one! Oh love Uniqlo cashmere, my grey v-neck from last year was my most worn item, I fancy one in navy, which I didn't pop on my list .......I think I need to rob a bank too maybe we could do a Bonnie & Clide. xx

      Delete
  11. Annmarie, thank you so much for the lovely mention! I can promise you the Converse hi-tops are worthy of a place on your wish list....I literally lived in mine last A/W! There is lots of great inspiration here for my own wish list! I'd love a Bella Freud sweater and the IRO jackets is fabulous too! I've just spotted that Alex from The Frugality has snagged a Ceciline dress on Vestiaire and I know you favour that preloved site so I hope you have some luck there as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are welcome Michelle, you do the "cool" mama look so well! I did spot Alex bagging that dress and guess what I was straight on VC to save a new alert in my email box, fingers crossed. xx

      Delete
  12. The woolrich is totally worth the money. I bought one in NY about 12 years ago (I can't recall how much it was then!). It is still fabulous. My only regret is buying a pale-ish one, as the arms are now a bit grubby. They are very very warm (sometimes too warm!) and totally waterproof. If I had bought a darker colour then it would still be perfect. Silly me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest