Friday, 25 September 2015

FM40 STYLE | PACKING FOR A KIDS FREE WEEKEND TO THE LAKES

Hubby and I are escaping Friday evening to one of our special places, The Drunken Duck in the Lake District. I try to pack a quite a cohesive and capsule wardrobe. I need something to travel in the short distance up the M6 and that will be also suitable for drinks and something to eat in the bar on Friday night, I am thinking my new IRO Jacket, a pretty lace top, jeans and my dicker boots.

Then to help me decide what to pack, I consider the location, the weather, the length of stay and what I will be doing. For a two night stay that will involve lazy long breakfasts reading the papers, walking in the beautiful Lakes and then retiring back to the bar for an afternoon drink before changing for dinner on Saturday evening..... sound bliss doesn't it?

Here, is what I have decided upon, I will be taking my black Ba&sh top, I find a black evening top such a useful item for a weekend away, I feel dressy, but not to overdressed for a country hotel, this Isabel Marant Etoile one below also fits the bill. 














To say I am excited about our kids free break is an understatement, the kids are also excited about their stay Grandma's, it is a big thing for them and a chance to catch up with their cousins who all live 1 hour away. However, come Sunday morning we will be itching to get backdown the M6 to the ribble valley to pick them up and take them home.

Happy weekend

Annmarie
xx


7 comments:

  1. Did you get those earrings? I remember you posted about them a little while back. Interested to know what you thought if you did, Thx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't ..... They are still on my wish list. Packed are a cheap pair from accessorize. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, how lovely. Hope you have a fabulous time - just had a peak at the drunken duck website and it looks like heaven on earth. Lucky girl, says the woman about to attack Saturday morning dancing/gymnastics classes!! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the perfect weekend escape Ann Marie! I love especially this time if year going to a country pub with great good walks etc and the chance to dress up for dinner too! Have a wonderful break...I love everything you have chosen especially envious of that fab Iro jacket!! Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect capsule weekend away wardrobe Annmarie! Hope you enjoy every minute of your getaway! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah I love the Drunken Duck, we've only ever been for a drink but I would LOVE to stay there! Hope you had a lovely relaxing kid free weekend!! Your capsule wardrobe is SO perfect - I really need to perfect the art of packing minimally for a weekend away!

    Luisa
    www.astylishsomething.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love The Drunken Duck, their Sunday lunch is probably the best we've ever had. Perfect clothes choices, we always go in December so it's big coats and thick jumpers!! Lisax

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest