Monday, 7 September 2015

FM40 WEEKLY LOVES | #7


Well this last week zoomed past and we spent it enjoying the last days of summer (even though some days felt like autumn) the last of our lazy mornings and then the frenzy of getting organised for the return of school (I found another booklet of homework on Thursday in N's school bag, that will teach me to check the book bag more thoroughly in the future) poor N had to cram his 7 weeks of handwriting practice into 4 days  #rookieschoolmum . 

Anyway, week 7 1/2 of the school holidays started off with a grey looking Bank Holiday Monday.  We got up and out early for a lovely walk along the canal. This was much needed after a pretty rubbish Sunday spent homebound, alone (hubby was golfing) with two kids who wanted to fall out all day and a poor little dog who is still homebound due to a delay in his immunisations, I lost it a few times and wine o'clock came a little earlier than normal. 

We had a pretty special end to the week, I was able to escape for a little me time on Friday to get my haircut and coloured in Liverpool (always a treat to sit and read the glossy mags without buying them, whilst enjoying a nice coffee). On the subjects of magazines, do you miss Laura, Lucy, Alex and editor Sam Baker From Red magazine? I certainly do,  I am just thankful that Sarah Clark still styles some amazing shoots for them. I have digressed, sorry ....... whilst at the hairdressers I got some more Redken quick tease, I love this product for finishing off my wavy LOB.  I also got to run into John Lewis to the Bobbi Brown counter to stock up on two make up favourites of mine, pot rouge and everything mascara.

To end a lovely afternoon of pampering and me time, hubby and the kids met me to go for something to eat to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary which was on Saturday........ 7 years, where has that time gone?? Time flies they say when you are having fun. 

Annmarie
xx


8 comments:

  1. Ann-Marie - I'm with you on Red Magazine - I've loved it for years - since the beginning in fact but it's just somehow not the same without Laura et al.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know ....... I love the Rosie Green page, but the shopping pages just don't have the same appeal. x

      Delete
  2. I'm totally with you on Red too - ever since the new editor came in it's basically turned into Elle which is where she came from I think. Just not the same. I miss the old Red! Happy anniversary :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to love Easy Living and that went to the wall and with Red I am just disappointed with it these days and I say I am not buying that next month. Apparently Sam baker has a online mag now, I will investigate and update. x

      Delete
    2. I used to love Easy Living too - I was quite sad when that one folded as I really enjoyed it.

      Delete
  3. Oh my god that is so weird but when I finished Red this month, I felt like I'd read Elle too! Didn't actually click that Sam had left until just now. What a shame although Rosie Green column still there which is often worth the cover price alone. We just celebrated our anniversary too - 8 years!! We ended up having a non romantic lunch with the children as our evening babysitter fell through! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she sadly left and then Alex left, Lucy and most of the other top editors. I agree the Rosie Green column is fab and that is worth the £4 alone. Yes, we had the kids too, but hopefully getting a kids free night away at the end of the month which I am very excited about.

      Delete
  4. I was so thinking the same about Red magazine AnneMarie, I used to love the shopping pages but they are not quite as good as when Alex and Laura edited them although I still adore the fashion styling by Nicola Rose, love her ideas. I was late to the party with Easy Living loved it for a few editions then it disappeared!
    Sounds you like you had a lovely pampering afternoon and always good finished off with supper out with the family xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest