Thursday, 22 October 2015

FM STYLE | BODEN CASUAL LOOK


When I saw this picture in the Boden catalogue I just loved it, the simplicity of it and I had to recreate  it with items in my wardrobe.



The Boden look includes the items below, they have styled it with the off-duty v-neck cardigan , but the relaxed cashmere v-neck jumper would look equally good if you are not a cardigan lover. 

Boden do trainers? Yes, had to double take myself, I assumed they would have been the stylists own, but no Boden have done some classic white kicks or if like me and you have a pair of classic white converse you could complete the look with them. 

I have chosen the girl fit shirt rather than the boyfriend fit shirt, which I think would be too long for me and I read a comment on another blog (can't remember which one) that made me laugh and the reader said she looked like she was wearing a doctor's coat, which reminded me of my MIH oversized shirt mistake. The girl fit shirt looks like a similar style to my favourite MIH swing shirt I am wearing above, a shrunken version of the boyfriend shirt (10 centimetres shorter, but still that oversized 'weekend' fit) ..... sounds rather tempting, I love blue shirts.

5 comments:

  1. Oh most definitely and that is a lovely image from the Boden catalogue - I must have missed that along the way. And that's a look that's very easy for me to recreate but I'd have to go for a grey cardi - only because I don't have a navy one which is loose enough to fit a shirt under. And you definitely need to have the right shirt for the job when layering like this - too big and it all gets a bit bunched up and uncomfortable.

    I like your take on it and it's lovely to take old favourites out and reworking them for different looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With you on the shirt Sue.... my MIH one is perfect because it is a nice thin material, not too stiff (I looked like I had 4 boobs when I tried it with the M&S one) . Yes re-working old classic saves the pennies too. x

      Delete
  2. I love this look & have the items in my wardrobe to replicate it so thanks for the idea! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure will all have the items that we could replicate this look Sarah, it's such a classic look it never seems to date. x

      Delete
  3. I love this look, layering a shirt and sweater is something I do often at this time of year....in fact I wore similar yesterday! Can't beat a crisp shirt and sweater combo! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest